Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Avowed neo-Nazi James Fields Jr. was given a second sentence of life in prison for killing a woman and injuring dozens when he rammed his car into a group of people protesting a white nationalist rally in Charlottesville, Va., in 2017.

Comments

- life in prison

Couldn't have happened to nicer guy. I love the idea of life with no possibility of ever seeing freedom again. It's so much better than the death penalty.

#1 | Posted by SheepleSchism at 2019-07-15 09:40 PM | Reply

A little redundant, yeah. Look at what Epstein was charged with - they only filed two related charges out of over 30 victims. When the Fed's want you they draw it out.

It's the same problem I'm facing with my cannibalism charge.

Uh-oh.

#2 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2019-07-15 10:09 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

#1 are you okay?

#3 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2019-07-15 10:12 PM | Reply

Gee, i hope Nulli's okay.

#4 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2019-07-15 10:24 PM | Reply

"$480,000 in fines."

Sounds serious.
What did he do, refuse to bake a gay wedding cake?

#5 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-07-15 10:55 PM | Reply

#3 | POSTED BY BRUCEBANNER

You were unaware I oppose the death penalty?

now you're not, I guess.

#6 | Posted by SheepleSchism at 2019-07-15 11:22 PM | Reply

Your endless support of his Nazi movement comes to mind. Of course, you're happy they didn't give him the noose.

#7 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2019-07-15 11:49 PM | Reply

- Your endless support of his Nazi movement

I don't support the nazi movement, I support free speech even when it's offensive.
I support education, PSA'a, and ad campaigns that teach and explain why hate speech is adversarial to American values.

What I oppose is violent counter-protesters showing up in riot gear and carrying weapons.
Any given ideology will never be defeated with violence and force. Education is the key.

#8 | Posted by SheepleSchism at 2019-07-16 12:04 AM | Reply

Nulli loves himself some Nazi's.

#9 | Posted by aborted_monson at 2019-07-16 12:39 AM | Reply

From the cited article:

...On Monday, Charlottesville Circuit Judge Richard Moore sentenced Fields to the life term plus 419 years and $480,000 in fines, in keeping with a jury's recommendation....

I was once told (but do not know if it is correct) that multiple life terms and sentences such as the one I quote above, are givien in order to assure that the perp won't be released anytime soon on parole, i.e., that a life sentence really is a life sentence.

#10 | Posted by LampLighter at 2019-07-16 02:03 PM | Reply

#8 | POSTED BY SHEEPLESCHISM AT 2019-07-16 12:04 AM | REPLY | FLAG:

So says Bernie too. Naive to the point of ignorant.

#11 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2019-07-16 02:40 PM | Reply

And if John Hinckley Jr. is not a threat to anyone, the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act is watered down.
I heard that Brady died due to complications from that shooting incident. Still, Hinckley's deemed Not A Threat. hmmm

#12 | Posted by LesWit at 2019-07-16 02:47 PM | Reply

Geez, "very fine people" just can't catch a break these days.

#13 | Posted by Derek_Wildstar at 2019-07-16 02:53 PM | Reply

#11 | POSTED BY BRUCEBANNER

Are you excusing violence, Bruce? encouraging violence?

Bruce, are you calling for violence outright?

#14 | Posted by SheepleSchism at 2019-07-16 03:08 PM | Reply

Are you excusing violence, Bruce? encouraging violence?
Bruce, are you calling for violence outright?

#14 | POSTED BY SHEEPLESCHISM

Have you seen Banner when he's angry?

#15 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-07-16 03:12 PM | Reply

Are you excusing violence, Bruce? encouraging violence?
Bruce, are you calling for violence outright?

#14 | POSTED BY SHEEPLESCHISM AT 2019-07-16 03:08 PM | REPLY | FLAG:

I'm not ready to disband the US armed forces. Are you? Replace them with the US Teaching Force? Maybe distribute Care Bear stuffies to our enemies?

#16 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2019-07-16 03:14 PM | Reply

"I'm not ready to disband the US armed forces. Are you?"

I think the Constitution requires us to do that.
We are not allowed to have a standing army.
Pretending that it's not a standing army because it gets paid every two years is a sham.

#17 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-07-16 03:16 PM | Reply

I don't support the nazi movement
#8 | Posted by SheepleSchism

"I dont support the nazi movement, I just complain loudly and constantly about anti-nazis, and never complain about nazis."

#18 | Posted by SpeakSoftly at 2019-07-16 07:43 PM | Reply

Looks like he would make a good bottom...

#19 | Posted by catdog at 2019-07-17 01:25 PM | Reply