Friday, July 19, 2019

President Donald Trump has disavowed the "send her back" chants directed at Democratic congresswoman Ilhan Omar by his supporters at a campaign rally. Omar is a US citizen who emigrated from Somalia with her family after fleeing the country's civil war. ... "I was not happy with it. I disagree with it," Mr Trump said of the chant. He did not elaborate on with what he disagreed. ... Omar told reporters on Thursday: "Every single person who is in this country, who's aspiring to become part of the American fabric understands that nothing this president says should be taken to heart. ... As he's spewing his fascist ideology on stage, telling US citizens to go back because they don't agree with his detrimental policies for our country, we tell people that here in the US dissent is patriotic, here in the US disagreement is welcome."

Alternate links: Google News | Twitter

This right up there with this one:

Comments

I noticed that he seemed to do nothing to stop the chants, indeed, he seemed to be reveling in the chants of his supporters.

#1 | Posted by LampLighter at 2019-07-18 01:50 PM | Reply

#1 | Posted by LampLighter at

Who are you going to believe? Donald Trump or your own lying eyes?

#2 | Posted by Zed at 2019-07-18 01:52 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

The proof will be in the pudding: at his next rally will he discourage/cut of such chants if they erupt?

#3 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2019-07-18 02:01 PM | Reply

Somebody told Trump the numbers are taking a hit.

#4 | Posted by lee_the_agent at 2019-07-18 02:08 PM | Reply

"No, I don't think it's racist to say. ... I don't think a Somali refugee embracing Trump would not have been asked to go back. If you're a racist you want everybody from Somalia to go back." Lindsay Graham

#5 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2019-07-18 02:09 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

If we just upped the degree of difficulty on these chants by adding a fourth syllable, it would all come apart.

#6 | Posted by schifferbrains at 2019-07-18 02:12 PM | Reply | Funny: 9 | Newsworthy 1

He also "disagreed" with the "lock her up" chants, so don't expect them to stop any time soon, if ever.

#7 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2019-07-18 02:19 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#7,
Sure he did Righto. Sure he did.

#8 | Posted by oldwhiskeysour at 2019-07-18 02:40 PM | Reply

Why do you persist in making it so easy to prove you wrong?

But the third and biggest reason is that we've been here before. The "send her back!" chants brought to mind the "lock her up!" chants from Trump's 2016 campaign rallies. And then, just as today, Trump initially claimed that he didn't like the chants.

Here's what he told the press on July 27, 2016:

"When I started talking about Hillary Clinton, the veterans who saw her 24 hours before started screaming, "Lock her up! Lock her up! Lock her up." They also screamed that, as you know, during the speech I made. The big speech.

Trump then repeated his claim, while including a provocative addendum, "I think it's a shame that they said it, but a lot of people would say that should happen."

WashPo: "Send her back: Trump also disavowed "lock her up" chants

#9 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2019-07-18 02:52 PM | Reply

Trump is literally the definition of talking out of both sides of your head at the same time.

He condones the chanting in reality. Because those are his people.

Then he condemns it on a news platform none of his deplorables pay attention to, in order not to totally alienate his less extreme supporters.

#10 | Posted by ClownShack at 2019-07-18 02:56 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

This is exactly my point in #7, which sailed right over OWS' head.

#11 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2019-07-18 03:01 PM | Reply

"The chants... were widely condemned, including by some Republicans."

Isn't it something how we don't have any of those kinds of Republicans here?
Condemning racism is not a virtue our DR Republicans signal.

#12 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-07-18 03:24 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

Find one post where I haven't called Trump's tweet or these chants racist.

I will accept your apology in advance.

#13 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2019-07-18 03:40 PM | Reply

Isn't it something how we don't have any of those kinds of Republicans here?
Condemning racism is not a virtue our DR Republicans signal.

#12 | POSTED BY SNOOFY

They embrace racism openly and then lie that they do.

If anyone is still a Trump supporter at this point, they are clearly a racist, and deep down they know it.

#14 | Posted by aborted_monson at 2019-07-18 05:25 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Trump is like The Secretary, disavowing any knowledge of Peter Graves' actions.

#15 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-07-18 05:33 PM | Reply

"Find one post where I haven't called Trump's tweet or these chants racist."

Here's a whole thread where you didn't do it:
www.drudge.com

Here's another one:
www.drudge.com

#16 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-07-18 05:36 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

I wonder what Trump had to do to buy Pelosi off.

Hard to say...she has condemned him and said that the House is working on a resolution to condemn Trump for his racist tweets but "it is unclear when the House will vote on the measure and the speaker did not specify in her letter condemning the tweets." To me that means she is hoping this blows over soon and no resolution will be introduced.

Obviously, Trump is not troubled by his racist tweets but it is just weird to me that Trump would needlessly jump into the Squad/Pelosi fray without some expectation of payback.

#238 | POSTED BY RIGHTOCENTER AT 2019-07-15 06:45 PM

#17 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2019-07-18 06:03 PM | Reply

"LOL not posting in a DRama Club thread isn't the same as calling the tweets for what they were, racist:"

But you did post in that thread.
You posted "Newsworthy" flags for comments like this:

"because those people who come here as Trump supporters are fanatics."
they are? compared to whom (on the level of fanaticism)?
folks like you, JPW, --------, speakstupid, truthhurts, etc?
You've got to be crazy to think any trump supporter on this site approaches the level of you guys as "fanatics".
POSTED BY EBERLY AT 2019-07-18 10:10 AM | REPLY | FLAGGED NEWSWORTHY BY NULLIFIDIAN, NEWSWORTHY BY RIGHTOCENTER, FUNNY BY RSTYBEACH11

#18 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-07-18 06:21 PM | Reply

Jake Tapper has talked to some Democrats on anonymity and these Dems are saying Trump's offensive tweets were politically brilliant.

#19 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-07-18 07:05 PM | Reply

Like I said on another thread, I always thought the WFW game was beneath you...I guess not.

And flagging a post that calls out the DR Left fanatics as Newsworthy is exactly that.

#20 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2019-07-18 07:17 PM | Reply

What is WFW?

#21 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-07-18 07:19 PM | Reply

Who Flagged Who.

#22 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-07-18 07:20 PM | Reply

It's an acronym I invented. It means

#23 | Posted by nullifidian at 2019-07-18 07:20 PM | Reply

Racist tweets ..

Lol, Please, if those are racist, then the DRLeft has sumsplaining to do.

#24 | Posted by AndreaMackris at 2019-07-18 07:36 PM | Reply

But you can't explain why they're not racist.

#25 | Posted by truthhurts at 2019-07-18 07:38 PM | Reply

#19 | Posted by JeffJ

Shouldn't the job of the president be to represent all Americans?

I wonder what would have happened if Obama did something like this.

#26 | Posted by truthhurts at 2019-07-18 07:40 PM | Reply

Setting aside the daily and not so subtle racism of the DR Left, any time you tell someone to "go back from where you came from", that is a racist statement.

#27 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2019-07-18 07:47 PM | Reply

Trump says he disagrees with it once but his base will never hear about it. Or if they do it'll be another 'wink wink'.

#28 | Posted by Derek_Wildstar at 2019-07-18 07:49 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Agreed, which was, yet again, my point in #7.

#29 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2019-07-18 08:06 PM | Reply

"Setting aside the daily and not so subtle racism of the DR Left"

Let's not set that aside.
Let's see examples.

#30 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-07-18 08:07 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Republicans Unable to Condemn "Send Her Back" Chant Without Equivocating Caveats
slate.com

#31 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-07-18 08:15 PM | Reply

#19 | Posted by JeffJ

What a disgusting human being Jeff has become. Trying desperately to justify the racist tweets anyway that he can. Sad that be.

#32 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2019-07-18 09:00 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#32 | POSTED BY LAURAMOHR FLAG: Jefflexia

Where did I justify anything, Laura?

From the outset I've said his tweets were stupid and offensive.

Your beef is with certain House Dems who shared their thoughts and feelings with Jake Tapper, not me.

#33 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-07-18 10:34 PM | Reply

Larry inquired about ------- dogs and he calls somebody else disgusting?
You're a ------- freak and no amount of Rogers protection will make people forget you're a predator.

#34 | Posted by 101Chairborne at 2019-07-18 10:38 PM | Reply

As per usual Trump wants to have it both ways. He wants his hardcore supporters to chant away so he doesn't discourage them in real time, but he also wants to appeal to folks beyond his hardcore base whose votes he also needs:

Hugh Hewitt @hughhewitt

"Send her back" is a nativist, terrible chant. Also electoral suicide. There're more than 400,000 naturalized residents in PA, w/ 200,000 more in Michigan. @realdonaldTrump won PA by and MI by 11K, PA by 44K. #VoteHerOut --fine. #SendHerBack --nativist. Catholics, btw, remember.
2:47 AM - 18 Jul 2019

#35 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2019-07-18 11:05 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Trump's field-tested strategy: Whip up a frenzy, then disavow

The president's latest episode followed a repeated Trump tactic of pushing his rhetoric over the line -- and then shrugging off responsibility.

www.politico.com

#36 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2019-07-18 11:10 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

In case you were wondering why Hewitt warned against offending naturalized citizens:

Robert Reich @RBReich

Trump and his supporters have gone from calling for the deportation of undocumented Americans to calling for the deportation of a naturalized citizen. Who's next?

This is the dangerous next phase of racism and xenophobia.
12:53 PM - 18 Jul 2019

#37 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2019-07-18 11:13 PM | Reply

Gal,
You should paste the page with a bunch of tweets instead of your own opinion...that's always a winner....
------- bore...

#38 | Posted by 101Chairborne at 2019-07-18 11:17 PM | Reply

#39 | Posted by SheepleSchism at 2019-07-18 11:38 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

I've always found Hugh Hewitt to be a biased GOP mouthpiece, but in this case, I think he is correct in his warning to Trump.

I posted the Reich tweet because it builds on Hewitt's warning and explains why "Send her back" is a step too far.

I posted the Politico piece because it outlines a number of previous instances where Trump has spoken out of both sides of his mouth.

If you don't like my posts, plonk me or simply scroll on down the page.

#40 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2019-07-18 11:56 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

SHEEPLE

"C'mon now, Chairborne, Gal is a highly respected cut-and-paster of biased articles on the Retort."

And yet, between the two of you, you have 27 plonks.

Go figure. ~ LOL

#41 | Posted by Twinpac at 2019-07-18 11:58 PM | Reply

--And yet, between the two of you, you have 27 plonks.

Argumentum ad populum, Mrs. Hans.

#42 | Posted by nullifidian at 2019-07-18 11:59 PM | Reply

NULLI

"Argumentum ad populum, Mrs. Hans."

And redundant, too.

#43 | Posted by Twinpac at 2019-07-19 12:16 AM | Reply

- you have 27 plonks.

The number of nutters I DON'T have to deal with on a daily basis.

#44 | Posted by SheepleSchism at 2019-07-19 12:24 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Trump is backpedaling because he is, and always has been a coward.

#45 | Posted by bored at 2019-07-19 12:25 AM | Reply

40 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2019-07-18 11:56 PM | Reply

Chairpoodle will make a complete fool out of himself and go away for a while again soon

#46 | Posted by PunchyPossum at 2019-07-19 03:27 AM | Reply

www.sacbee.com

#47 | Posted by qcp at 2019-07-19 09:10 AM | Reply

#27 | POSTED BY RIGHTOCENTER

Glad, and somewhat surprised, to see a Republican say this.

In my experience, you try to convince Republicans that "go back where you came from" is racist and they claim that race has nothing to do with it. That they are targeting people because they are FOREIGN, not because of their race (even though you almost NEVER see this leveled at a white foreigner). And, in any case it is usually hard to PROVE that to them that it is said based upon race and not just the fact the person was not born in the US.

In this case it is clear, because three of the women were born in the US that Trump told to "go back". It is obvious that he either is telling them to "go back" solely because of their race, or assumed they were foreign because of their race (which amounts to the same thing). Unlike where someone says this to a foreigner, it is absolutely clear that this is racist regardless of what someone's "intentions" were (there are no non-racist intentions).

But with Omar you STILL have Republicans claiming the "Send her back" chants are not racist because she IS foreign born. Which, as I have admitted in previous posts COULD be claimed as not racist IF it had not followed on the heels (and built off of) Trump's definitively racist tweets.

I still think that just about all instances of "go back from where you came from" are racist because 99% of the time they come from a racist place, but I am forced to equivocate and admit it is POSSIBLE it wasn't racist because of that 1%.

And, just to clarify, "go back where you came from" is ALWAYS an ad hominem logical fallacy, so has no place in any intelligent debate. And, in the few cases where it isn't RACIST, it is still NATIVIST, which is also disgusting and un-American (but not quite as bad as actual racism). So I do not defending using that phrase against ANYONE. Just pointing out that people who take exception to being branded racist over it do have a tiny loophole they can try to squeeze through.

#48 | Posted by gtbritishskull at 2019-07-19 09:26 AM | Reply

#32 | POSTED BY LAURAMOHR FLAG: Jefflexia
Where did I justify anything, Laura?

#33 | POSTED BY JEFFJ

I have to back up Jeff on this one. I definitely do not agree with him on a lot of things, but his post was not holding water for Trump's racist tweets, and I don't recall seeing anywhere in the (many,many,MANY) threads on this where he has defended the tweets as not racist or even actively deflected criticism of them.

#49 | Posted by gtbritishskull at 2019-07-19 09:30 AM | Reply

#49 | POSTED BY GTBRITISHSKULL

Actually, I HAVE argued that the tweets aren't racist. Having said that, I have also acknowledged they are stupid, demeaning and offensive.

The post that Laura took offense to had nothing to do with my personal opinion of the infamous tweets.

#50 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-07-19 09:45 AM | Reply

#50 | POSTED BY JEFFJ

Well... fair enough.

Still agree with you that Laura's response to your post was off base.

But, the tweets WERE racist.

#51 | Posted by gtbritishskull at 2019-07-19 09:51 AM | Reply

#27 | POSTED BY RIGHTOCENTER

Thanks. It'd be nice if a single other rightwinger on this site would admit that. Instead they all just play dumb because even conceding the obvious is bad for the cult.

#52 | Posted by JOE at 2019-07-19 09:52 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

Righto,
Have a look here and get back to me.

www.bing.com

#53 | Posted by oldwhiskeysour at 2019-07-19 10:51 AM | Reply

#53 | POSTED BY OLDWHISKEYSOUR

I think the point that RoC was trying to make is that Trump "claimed" not to support chants of "Lock Her Up" as well, even though he did not do anything to stop them, and even seemed to revel in them. So, while Trump may be saying that he does not support chants of "Send Her Back", we can probably expect them to continue to be a common feature at his rallies going forward (because he actually likes them and supports them).

#54 | Posted by gtbritishskull at 2019-07-19 01:31 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Remember when McCain shut that lady down who was claiming Obama was a Muslim? Outside of his horrible decision to pick Palin and his bomb Iran song he was a class act. I'm not sure we will ever see such a fair minded candidate from the GOP again

#55 | Posted by johnny_hotsauce at 2019-07-19 05:57 PM | Reply

Thanks, I am sure that OWS is just butt hurt considering pretty much everyone else understood my point in #7.

#56 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2019-07-19 06:08 PM | Reply

Righto, I'm certainly not butt hurt. You made a claim that Trump disagreed with "lock her up".

I provided links to loads of times Trump stood in front of the Chanting hate filled Mobs and never once said a word to stop them. He stood there and smugly revels in it. Same as he did with "send her home"

Could you provide a link to that? There must be some evidence where he explicit says he "disagrees".

BTW, now he is doubling down on defending the latest hate chants. So your point becomes less ironic and more obviously untrue.

Just saying, He's a liar, and you amplify it, and you go all butt hurt when your statement is met with an ironic challenge. Guess irony must be reserved for righties.

#57 | Posted by oldwhiskeysour at 2019-07-20 10:04 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

I am sure that now that Omar has drawn enough attention to herself, there will be grounds for her impeachment and eventual deportation. I don't know if that will happen, but the strange relationship with her claiming her brother was her husband, and several irregularities in her campaign finances would be enough to get a conservative into trouble, but a far left Muslim woman, not so much. Consider it the new privileged class.

#58 | Posted by docnjo at 2019-07-20 10:34 AM | Reply

58 | Posted by docnjo at 2

Absolutely bizzare.

What a world you live in. Trump does all these totally macabre things and your worried about a poor internet meme.

#59 | Posted by Zed at 2019-07-20 10:39 AM | Reply

58 | Posted by docnjo at 2

Is Obama still a Kenyan by birth?

#60 | Posted by Zed at 2019-07-20 10:41 AM | Reply

"We have these people, and they're investigating Omar, and you won't believe what they're finding"

What a joke.

#61 | Posted by Zed at 2019-07-20 10:43 AM | Reply

#60 | Posted by Zed Nope, I never believed that, he was born in the states, the question is why did they produce a fake birth certificate? Maybe because the original said "father: unknown". Looking at pictures of Frank Marshall Davis and B H Obama at the same age, I think I know why. He certainly wasn't the first bastard to become POTUS. Clinton beat him.

#62 | Posted by docnjo at 2019-07-20 11:00 AM | Reply

What contemptuous garbage displaying utter ignorance of the facts. First, she didn't marry her brother. It's all explained here. Try educating yourself because there is no dispute that those who made these scurrilous accusations invented them from a single, unsubstantiated, politically-motivated blog post.

Second, there was two 'irregularities' where she wrongly used $3500 of campaign money to pay her personal attorney and travel bills. She claimed the expenses were related to her political job. She was later ordered by officials to pay back the money plus a $500 fine. There's your scandal that would sink a Republican. Trump's inaugural can't account for $100 million but Omar should fry over $3500?

Lastly, congressmen cannot be impeached, only civil officers. And there is absolutely nothing in the law that would allow Omar to lose her citizenship and become subject to deportation. Truly Doc, what you just stated is vile, anti-American and wholly ignorant. I know you try to mean well, but that was just pure ugly.

#63 | Posted by tonyroma at 2019-07-20 11:05 AM | Reply

O.M.G.

#64 | Posted by YAV at 2019-07-20 11:06 AM | Reply

(#64 was after I read all the DocnJO posts)

#65 | Posted by YAV at 2019-07-20 11:07 AM | Reply

#65 | Posted by YAV, You mean the certificate is real? SURE IT IS. You mean that Obama does not have an uncanny resemblance to "Uncle Frank"? Sure. Tell you what let's take a DNA sample from one of Obama's half siblings and one from any of F M Davis's children, and compare it to the former presidents sample- let's see what the truth is.

#66 | Posted by docnjo at 2019-07-20 11:19 AM | Reply

You're a demonstration of a kind of susceptible fool that the GOP counts on, Doc.
It's sad.

#67 | Posted by YAV at 2019-07-20 11:22 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#67 | Posted by YAV, Who is the fool? The one that looks at real evidence or the one who decides without looking that it all must be a falsehood? The issue really doesn't mater any more, where ever Obama came from, he served two terms. All of the participants are dead.

#68 | Posted by docnjo at 2019-07-20 11:59 AM | Reply

You're the fool.
That was easy.

#69 | Posted by YAV at 2019-07-20 12:04 PM | Reply

#69 | Posted by YAV So, you will never look at any evidence?

#70 | Posted by docnjo at 2019-07-20 12:09 PM | Reply

#66 - there is no evidence to the contrary. You offered no evidence. No one ever has offered contrary evidence.

Apparently you don't know the difference between evidence and conspiracy -------- and speculation. "He looks like Uncle Frank!" What? "Let's do a DNA analysis!" - So, no evidence, just more BS. The Certificate isn't real!" - because you say it isn't? The State of Hawaii says it is.

That's what I meant by you being the kind of fool the GOP counts on.

And you keep proving it.

It's sad. I wish it wasn't so. I even think you're probably a great guy in person.

But this? This is loony-tunes.

#71 | Posted by YAV at 2019-07-20 12:19 PM | Reply

Read the Washington Post link in #9 and then read #54 as many times as you need to comprehend what I was saying.

Here you go little fella

#72 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2019-07-20 12:21 PM | Reply

#7 | POSTED BY RIGHTOCENTER

"He" ...means Trump.

"also"...means 'in addition to'. Meaning there are more instances than the single "disagreed" statement.

"disagreed" refers to the walk back statement of the notion Trump agreed with the chant, which was "Send her home". We all know he (disingenuously) stated he "disagreed" with that.

"lock her up chants"... ?... We are not in agreement that there is an antecedent Trump quote, stating that he ever actually "disagreed" with the "Lock her up" chants.

"so don't expect them to stop any time soon, if ever."...is so much blah blah blah. We all know it will not stop. Upon that we agree.

I read the Post piece. there is not a word in it which suggests he also stated that he "disagreed" with the 'lock her up' chants. As far as I know, you are the only one to make that statement. The Post piece is a pretty good assessment of Trump's attitude.

Here, Righto, I will make it simple, in your world, Trump either did or did not publicly state that he 'disagreed' with "lock her up" chant. If he did not ever actually make that statement, and you invented it, (for literary effect) just say so. No hard feelings.

If he did state that, please provide link.

Words have meanings.

#73 | Posted by oldwhiskeysour at 2019-07-20 04:36 PM | Reply

#7 | POSTED BY RIGHTOCENTER

That was yesterday.

Today it's

When reporters at the White House asked if he was unhappy with the Wednesday night crowd, Trump responded: "Those are incredible people. They are incredible patriots. But I'm unhappy when a congresswoman goes and says, ‘I'm going to be the president's nightmare.'" www.huffpost.com

#74 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-07-20 04:39 PM | Reply

We all know he (disingenuously) stated he "disagreed" with that.

See, I knew that you would ultimately understand why I put that in "quotes".

I will make it simple and reprint that the WashPo article quoted him as saying...

"Here's what he told the press on July 27, 2016:

And I said, "Don't do that." Now, I didn't do that for any reason. I really -- I didn't like it. And they stopped. Not one reporter said that I said that. They all said -- they started screaming "Lock her up! Lock her up." I said, "Don't do that.""

He said "Don't do thAt" and he told the press that he didn't like it. Obfuscate all you want, but everyone but you understands my #7.

Keep squirming though, it's probably the most stretching you have done in years.

#75 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2019-07-20 04:48 PM | Reply

Thanks for the concern, Righto. I,m fairly inactive right now with a torn Miniscus from too much bike time. Scheduling Arthroscopic surgery this week. When I'm not busted up, I'm pretty active.

I googled: Did Trump ever tell a crowd to stop "Lock her up". I got pages and pages of stories. None of the pieces suggested an instance where he did.

Could it be that this never happened?

Was the rally he describes a "no press, co camera" event? Was it only in his head?

Curious minds with a bad right knee want to know.

#76 | Posted by oldwhiskeysour at 2019-07-20 06:35 PM | Reply

"a torn Miniscus from too much bike time."

I've rehabbed both knees from torn Menisci. Take the rehab seriously; you have a short window, and remind yourself: no one is giving you the knee back, you have to earn it.

#77 | Posted by Danforth at 2019-07-20 06:42 PM | Reply

Thanks, Dan.

#78 | Posted by oldwhiskeysour at 2019-07-20 06:50 PM | Reply

Sorry about your knee, I have had 4 surgeries on my knees, 3 scopes and a partial reconstruct.

There are plenty of articles that quote him saying he did, and then disavowing those chants, just once, from WashPo to the NYT. Whether he actually said that during the speech or not is immaterial, the point is that he is doing the same thing now that he did then: "disavowing" the chant to the press while he is simultaneously encouraging it. Just like "Lock her up", this chant will persist through 2020.

#79 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2019-07-20 07:10 PM | Reply

#3 | POSTED BY GAL_TUESDAY AT 2019-07-18 02:01 PM

That is the demarcation he will urinate upon. There is zero chance he will seriously react in any other way than stoking them further. He needs to appear with super-supporters more than ever. Pelosi just handed his concentration camp project five billion while they already cost $775 per head each day, those facts never slip past her lips, but she does hate it pointed out by freshman Democrats. Her corporate handlers are enabling his cult more than anyone.

#55 | POSTED BY JOHNNY_HOTSAUCE AT 2019-07-19 05:57 PM

He acted instantly and countered a Trump supporter of today.

That is precisely how to deal with them. Trump holds all microphones and doesn't condemn the behavior he claims "some people believe it's appropriate", fomenting the crazy we experience as the government daily bread.

For all of his flaws McCain wasn't in bed with the Russian mob, unlike Trump.

Well, he and Lindsey made that strange little trip to Georgia together.. which makes me wonder how long in preparation these consolidations have been known.

#80 | Posted by redlightrobot at 2019-07-20 11:19 PM | Reply

The only thing Ilhan Omar has been right about is that this country is enthralled by politicians and operatives from Isntreal. For pointing out that single fact I don't think she should be sent back, but should be given a bigger mic. NO MORE WARS FOR ISNTREAL!

#81 | Posted by berserkone at 2019-07-21 04:46 AM | Reply