Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Microsoft's latest goal is the stuff of sci-fi novels: To build an AI that's smart enough to run society, and solve our most pressing problems.

Comments

Or a Species ending Singularity.

Either way.

This is why you cannot stop the Singularity.

#1 | Posted by donnerboy at 2019-07-24 02:42 PM | Reply

^^ I for one love our new robot overlords.

#2 | Posted by sitzkrieg at 2019-07-24 03:06 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

Microsoft needs to own the technology to run the world. It'll be peachy keen

#3 | Posted by bayviking at 2019-07-24 03:35 PM | Reply

Microsoft. Means the AI will take forever to reboot. often

And it probably won't interface properly with Musk's chip implant.

#4 | Posted by SheepleSchism at 2019-07-24 05:46 PM | Reply

Vote Ultron/GLaDOS 2020 for a better tomorrow and a better forever!

#5 | Posted by johnny_hotsauce at 2019-07-24 06:12 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

So long as we can literally pull the cord on it at anytime I am fine with this machine... So long as it doesn't call me Dave or sing daisy.

#6 | Posted by Tor at 2019-07-24 06:14 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

I loathe articles that begin with "undreamt of" or "stuff of science fiction".

I am also sick and tired of sites requesting to know my location. I will begin banning all sites that perform this beginning with PCMAG.COM

And now a subscription popup prohibiting reading any of the article.

Also, I would rather burn Microsoft to the ground than ever trust them again. Any "services" they produce will obviously be dangerously exploitative.

#7 | Posted by redlightrobot at 2019-07-24 07:51 PM | Reply

Skynet

#8 | Posted by Sezu at 2019-07-25 07:54 AM | Reply

Whomever programs the AI's algorithm could 'rule the world' and an AI can only extrapolate on the data provided, so consider GIGO.

#9 | Posted by MSgt at 2019-07-25 11:23 AM | Reply