Thursday, August 01, 2019

The second night of Democrats' presidential debates was an all-out panderfest as the candidates reeled off prepared lines geared toward putting identity- and class-politics at the heart of the revival of the party. This approach was discarded in the '90s, only to return bigger than ever today, as each candidate sought to outdo the other with outlandish promises and oppo-research attacks.

By the end of this endless debate, I walked out with $1,000-a-month, an extra grand if I'm a female, untold reparations dollars if I am African American, Medicare from birth covering everything I'll ever need, and the right to cross the border without any real penalty if I'm from another country. Prosecuting criminals got a thumbs-down, white privilege made me immune from villainous, racist police, there will be no more pointless wars, carbon emissions will be 0 by 2030, and the government will run almost all health care.

This is no way to win a National election.

Alternate links: Google News | Twitter

Comments

Ouch, glad I missed it.

#1 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2019-08-01 02:11 PM | Reply

--Mark Penn served as pollster and senior adviser to former President Clinton

Obviously the Russkies got to him.

p.s. He's a racist!

#2 | Posted by nullifidian at 2019-08-01 02:15 PM | Reply | Funny: 2

That's all campaign are.

#3 | Posted by Nixon at 2019-08-01 02:24 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

primaries are panderfests and have been for some time.

#4 | Posted by eberly at 2019-08-01 02:37 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Very true, but for a DNC stalwart like Mark Penn to call it out underscores how bad it got last night, unlike in Night 1, which I thought was a much better discussion of policy than last night appears to have been.

#5 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2019-08-01 02:38 PM | Reply

"$1,000-a-month, an extra grand if I'm a female, untold reparations dollars if I am African American, Medicare from birth covering everything I'll ever need, and the right to cross the border without any real penalty if I'm from another country."

I have no idea who this hack is but clearly the inbred didn't watch the debate.

#6 | Posted by IndianaJones at 2019-08-01 02:43 PM | Reply

I have no idea who this hack is but clearly the inbred didn't watch the debate.

I watched the debate and I heard that promised and more.

#7 | Posted by boaz at 2019-08-01 02:59 PM | Reply

I have no idea who this hack is but clearly the inbred didn't watch the debate.

Looks like someone has been skipping his Reading Comprehension Tutoring Sessions yet again:

"Mark Penn served as pollster and senior adviser to former President Clinton from 1995 to 2000, including during Clinton's impeachment."

He also was chief strategist and pollster in the Hillary Clinton 2008 presidential campaign and a senior adviser to Secretary Clinton in the 2016 presidential campaign.

#8 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2019-08-01 03:02 PM | Reply

#8; Ted Cruz none of that has to do with his missing the debate.

#9 | Posted by IndianaJones at 2019-08-01 03:02 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

#7 | POSTED BY BOAZ

You also thought there was a sex trafficking ring in a basement that didn't exist. Your schizophrenic tendencies are well-documented, Boaz.

#10 | Posted by IndianaJones at 2019-08-01 03:03 PM | Reply

#8 | POSTED BY RIGHTOCENTER

Are you trying to prove he sucks at his jobs?

#11 | Posted by 101Chairborne at 2019-08-01 03:17 PM | Reply | Funny: 2

Just trying to edumacate you Vizzindy as to who that "hack" was.

#12 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2019-08-01 03:51 PM | Reply

Thought this was the Penn and Teller guy before I read the article
Lol

#13 | Posted by GOnoles92 at 2019-08-01 08:27 PM | Reply

Scratching my head here. Weren't all the bumpkins saying that they need to be pandered to? Now article arguing against pandering? Lol. Hard to keep up with the bs advice.

#14 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2019-08-02 09:05 AM | Reply