Sunday, August 04, 2019

Scientists have topped a survey of trusted professions, with adults in the US more confident that they act in the public's best interests than employees from any other line of work studied.

Comments

If that list is accurate, we're doomed!

#1 | Posted by Ray at 2019-08-04 01:39 PM | Reply

Here's another article about that same Pew Research survey. This article explains the results a bit better.

New poll finds the US generally trusts scientists, with some exceptions.
General trust, but partisan skepticism, and worries about conflicts of interest.
arstechnica.com

One result I found interesting was that the less a person knows about science, the less scientists are trusted. That, imo, explains a lot. ;)

#2 | Posted by LampLighter at 2019-08-04 02:12 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 6

Yeah, those pesky scientists, all part of Ray's gubmit cornspiracy.

They should put Ray's photo next to the definition of Dunning-Kruger.

#3 | Posted by zarnon at 2019-08-04 04:55 PM | Reply

They should put Ray's photo next to the definition of Dunning-Kruger.
#3 | POSTED BY ZARNON

#4 | Posted by Ray at 2019-08-04 05:29 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

"Unlike you, I'm not the one out to save the world from some half-baked idea of climate catastrophe."

Ut Oh ~ that sort o cinched it.

#5 | Posted by Twinpac at 2019-08-04 08:37 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Yep.

#6 | Posted by mikebank at 2019-08-05 12:03 AM | Reply

While I wish I had that power, I'll take that mantle.

It's only half-baked to idiots like yourself who ignore the science and politics around the science. The exact same thing happened before with tobacco. It's literally the same players and same tactics but you're too gd stupid to see it.

You literally had the documents presented in front of you and you ignored them. Documents that showed the real conspiracy; one run by the oil companies. A conspiracy with proof, not fact-free Conspiracy theories pulled from the dark place your head apparently resides. That told me all I needed to know about you.

You are the clarion call why we need better STEM education in America.

#7 | Posted by zarnon at 2019-08-05 09:49 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

I did not see Anonymous internet blogger rated.

#8 | Posted by visitor_ at 2019-08-05 12:32 PM | Reply

media.treehugger.com

I can't understand why anyone would distrust science. I mean, if the Smithsonian says its warming, they must be right.

#9 | Posted by Petrous at 2019-08-05 04:18 PM | Reply

The military and religious leaders are still receiving far too much trust.

#10 | Posted by Whatsleft at 2019-08-05 04:34 PM | Reply

#9 | Posted by Petrous

It's not the conclusions you should trust.

It's the process, which strives for self-correction and accuracy.

Far better than any other listed segment that's trusted.

#11 | Posted by jpw at 2019-08-05 11:20 PM | Reply

I trust you, JPW. I just don't support whatever you're doing to those mice.

#12 | Posted by SheepleSchism at 2019-08-05 11:32 PM | Reply

It's only half-baked to idiots like yourself who ignore the science and politics around the science. ~ Zarnon

This is why Google is full of useful idiots ... they ignore science of gender differences.

Liberals believe in evolution accept when it comes to humans, they ignore the science and go with emotions.

Its hilarious to watch the denial, then they claim they believe in science.

Like I say, Liberal are hypocrites .. just one more case of it ....

#13 | Posted by AndreaMackris at 2019-08-05 11:41 PM | Reply

Everyone's a hypocrite, hypocrite.

#14 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-08-05 11:42 PM | Reply

I trust you, JPW. I just don't support whatever you're doing to those mice.

#12 | Posted by SheepleSchism

How can you judge something you're unaware of?

And I don't recall ever saying I work with mice.

#15 | Posted by jpw at 2019-08-05 11:52 PM | Reply

And I don't recall ever saying I work with mice.

#15 | POSTED BY JPW

Nope. Rats, hamsters, gerbils and capybaras - those are the rodents you routinely torture in the name of "science". You remind me of GLaDOS.

You spare the mice just to evade the stereotype.

#16 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-08-06 01:49 AM | Reply

#16 pfft those are gate way animals.

I moved on to dogs and cats long ago. Their cries of pain have to evoke emotions in normal people for it to be fun.

#17 | Posted by jpw at 2019-08-06 09:13 AM | Reply | Funny: 1