Thursday, August 08, 2019

Opinion Rhapsody A Social Media Brawl

Comments

They poke fun at Facebook, but I haven't seen as much vitrol as I do here ... as the song mentioned anonymity, facebook isn't anonymous, if you have reasonable friends, social shame goes a long way.

I doubt Aborted, or Speaks does their schtick on Facebook. People here have actually told me to die, as discussed, this person is only a step away from a mass murderer.

#1 | Posted by AndreaMackris at 2019-08-08 10:16 AM | Reply

@Mackris: Excellent point about anonymity and lack of it. I fully agree that the two mentioned as well as Rein, Pincheand their ilk would never do their thing on Facebook with their real names. I, too, had a death threat here years ago. I notice that person is still around.

That said, I see a lot of pseudonyms on a FB blog on which I am an admin. Most of them are from overseas. It seems the Americans almost always use their name, or at least something that sounds like a real name.

#2 | Posted by goatman at 2019-08-08 11:35 AM | Reply

No doubt that hiding behind a fake screen name emboldens the nutters to lash out unrestrained.

I've outed myself a couple of times on this site and made some great connections on FB, LinkedIn, and my art websites.

#3 | Posted by SheepleSchism at 2019-08-08 11:39 AM | Reply

#2 | POSTED BY GOATMAN

True there are "spoof" accounts, but they tend to be trying to get you to buys stuff, not argue/troll

#4 | Posted by AndreaMackris at 2019-08-08 11:47 AM | Reply

That was lame AF SporkGoat.

#5 | Posted by aborted_monson at 2019-08-08 02:33 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

LOL

The Usual Suspects Cast-

MAGATron: Fishpaw
La Lucha Liberal: Danni
White Savior: Gracie
White Warrior: Sniper/Phester
Al Keyhall: JPW
Reverend Cache: Boaz
Captain Conspiracy: Redlightrobot/Buffalo Bob
Le Click Baiter: Corky
Papa Caps: Rein
Patty O'Tool: SilenceDouchegood
F'in Trolls: Snoofy/ChiefTutMoses/Aborted Monson

Lead singer: Why, me of course...

#6 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2019-08-08 03:15 PM | Reply | Funny: 2

"That was lame AF SporkGoat.

#5 | POSTED BY ABORTED_MONSON "

As always ,a well thought out (for you) response.

You are so full of hate that you didn't even notice the video had definite liberal bias. But you saw "Goatman", and the jerk's knee jerked. You are so predictible. And sad and angry. Glad I'm not you.

#7 | Posted by goatman at 2019-08-08 03:38 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

RoC: Good job! I was mentally assigning the characters in the vid to DR members. The first one that came to mind was Captain Conspiracy... ANd we matched on a few others, especially the trolls. Snoofy was at the top of my liest there. .

#8 | Posted by goatman at 2019-08-08 03:41 PM | Reply

--Lead singer: Why, me of course...

Elvis impersonator: AmericanUnitard

#9 | Posted by nullifidian at 2019-08-08 03:44 PM | Reply

La Lucha Liberal is definitely Danni.

#10 | Posted by goatman at 2019-08-08 03:52 PM | Reply

Though the wrong gender, I saw JeffJ as CHakra Kahn, the peacemaker.

#11 | Posted by goatman at 2019-08-08 04:05 PM | Reply

AFKABL2 would be Papa caps

Is he still around?

#12 | Posted by goatman at 2019-08-08 04:14 PM | Reply

I missed Chakra Kahn, but Jeff fits pretty well, Lamp could also fit there.

#13 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2019-08-08 04:15 PM | Reply

Babbles bowed out a couple of years ago, I think they took his library card away.

#14 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2019-08-08 04:16 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

AFKABL2 would be Papa caps
Is he still around?
#12 | POSTED BY GOATMAN

Nope.

He and MadScientist got into a big blow up, and AFK got really upset.

He literally quit that night and hasn't been back.

#15 | Posted by ClownShack at 2019-08-08 04:17 PM | Reply

Pinche

I still keep it pretty raw on FB. :)

#16 | Posted by Mao_Content at 2019-08-08 04:17 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

To add to your list.

Captain Conspiracy: HeliumRat

#17 | Posted by ClownShack at 2019-08-08 04:20 PM | Reply

Good point, but NO ONE beats Beefalo ---- for a good conspiracy theory.

#18 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2019-08-08 04:29 PM | Reply

Captain Conspiracy: Tony Truther

#19 | Posted by nullifidian at 2019-08-08 04:31 PM | Reply

Papa Caps: Hatter5183

HOW MANY TIMES DO YOU NEED TO BE TOLD IT IS NOT A CRIMINAL VIOLATION

#47 | POSTED BY HATTER5183 AT 2019-08-08 04:37 PM

P.S. He's wrong.

#20 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2019-08-08 04:41 PM | Reply

but NO ONE beats Beefalo ---- for a good conspiracy theory.

Agreed.

He's legendary.

#21 | Posted by ClownShack at 2019-08-08 04:51 PM | Reply

My fave was his 9/11 theory that the Twin Towers were intentionally made with "Thermobaric Steel" which was specifically designed to react with JP-5 and oxygen so that the buildings collapsed when hit in that exact spot.

That one made the Smokestacks on the Moon seem reasonable.

#22 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2019-08-08 05:05 PM | Reply

#22 What about when he was convinced that a missile was loaded onto one of the 9/11 jetliners and it was shot a split second before the plane made impact? That was classic.

#23 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-08-08 05:22 PM | Reply

Probably the most remembered words on The Drudge Retort are "car antenna"

#24 | Posted by goatman at 2019-08-08 05:54 PM | Reply

Wait. Is that for real?

Because that sounds way too out there even for BBob.

#25 | Posted by jpw at 2019-08-09 12:14 AM | Reply

Yes, that's for real. He found film footage that someone had slowed down frame-by-frame and the frame just before impact shows a bubble appear right in front of the plane's nose. I was convinced it was a missile.

#26 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-08-09 12:17 AM | Reply

Sorry for the typo. I was convinced it was a missile = HE was convinced it was a missile.

#27 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-08-09 12:21 AM | Reply

I'm familiar with the missile conspiracy.

My ex's brother in law was a big conspiracy nut who tried to convince me of that one.

But the one about the buildings being built with steel that would melt in reaction to jet fuel is a new one to me.

#28 | Posted by jpw at 2019-08-09 12:23 AM | Reply

#25 and 28

Yeah, it was special, BBob came up with that theory one day and took a terrible beating by Zatoichi that was joyous to behold.

#29 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2019-08-09 05:11 PM | Reply