Thursday, August 08, 2019

Actress and activist Rosanna Arquette said Wednesday that she feels shame and disgust for being white. "I'm sorry I was born white and privileged," Ms. Arquette tweeted to her nearly 90,000 followers. "It disgusts me. And I feel so much shame." The actress sparked criticism earlier this week after she tweeted a photo of herself kneeling in front of several U.S. flags and the caption, "I'll never stand for the flag again." Her Twitter account has now been set to private.

Comments

Rosanna, like most fading celebrities, is desperately seeking relevancy.

It's too bad, she is mostly nutter but I think her heart is in the right place most of the time.

Fun fact: Most people who know her well in Hollywood realize that she really wasn't acting in Pulp Fiction.

#1 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2019-08-08 04:20 PM | Reply

Quite a few self-loathing, white Leftists out there. That's why they're so obsessed with promoting diversity, multiculturalism, open borders, etc. It's one way to soothe their guilt.

#2 | Posted by nullifidian at 2019-08-08 04:29 PM | Reply

Looks like somebody wanted to get some free publicity.

#3 | Posted by LampLighter at 2019-08-08 05:18 PM | Reply

#2 | Posted by nullifidian

Suck it, Retardicans.
#568 | Posted by nullifidian at
2008-11-04 10:22 PM

Eat ----, Republicans!
#673 | Posted by nullifidian at 2008-11-04 11:17 PM

#4 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2019-08-08 05:27 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

The answer is simple. Buy a one way ticket to a third world country to live out the rest of your life repenting for being born white and privileged. Of course after donating all your worldly goods and money to charity. My guess is she really doesn't feel guilty but needed some press. Actions speak louder than words, yeah, I'll wait, not.

#5 | Posted by gracieamazed at 2019-08-08 05:42 PM | Reply

Posted by gracieamazed

Or Mexico, the libertarian nirvana.

#6 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2019-08-08 06:43 PM | Reply

She's worth 9 million. Maybe she can donate a million or two to a good cause, like a homeless shelter, to assuage her guilt.

#7 | Posted by nullifidian at 2019-08-08 06:55 PM | Reply

Maybe money can't solve all problems.

#8 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-08-08 06:58 PM | Reply

"Maybe she can donate a million or two to a good cause, like a homeless shelter, to assuage her guilt."

Telling you would think that's a sufficient amount.
That's like two dollars for every homeless person in America.
Like two dollars is the line between homeless and normal person.

#9 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-08-08 07:07 PM | Reply

#9 | Posted by snoofy

He's a very confused, mentally unstable individual. Used to hate Republicans. Somehow, he got himself filled with right wing hatred so now it's Democrats he hates. The ones responsible for his being able to live day to day.

Went from this:

Why don't YOU move to another country, -------? You rightwing -------- better get out now, before patriots start tar and feathering you.

#340 | Posted by nullifidian at 2008-11-13 12:34 AM

to full on right winger.

As Trump would end a Tweet: SO SAD!

#10 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2019-08-08 07:22 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

Unitard has a bad case of Nulli Derangement Syndrome. Poor little fella.

#11 | Posted by nullifidian at 2019-08-08 07:28 PM | Reply | Funny: 5

Either that or he loves you so much he wants to wear your skin.

#12 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2019-08-08 07:50 PM | Reply

Unitard has a bad case of Nulli Derangement Syndrome. Poor little fella.

Perhaps he's literally pointing out what everyone has been saying since 2016.

You've become a different person.

#13 | Posted by ClownShack at 2019-08-08 07:53 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 3

Drastically.

#14 | Posted by ClownShack at 2019-08-08 07:53 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 3

Drastically.

#14 | Posted by ClownShack

Mental breakdown-level.

Derangement syndrome? NULLI's the one always showing up to post some innane, juvenile 'insult' that only makes me shake my head at how f-ed up he is.

#15 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2019-08-08 08:55 PM | Reply

Quite a few self-loathing, white Leftists out there.
#2 | Posted by nullifidian

Supposed former leftists too.

At least around here.

#16 | Posted by jpw at 2019-08-08 11:08 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#15 | POSTED BY AMERICANUNITY

Dude, you are the one that should seek help.

You know what kind of obsessed jerk you must be to grovel around on a website to find a couple of quotes 11years ago by some individual you don't even know, just to point out what exactly?

He didn't like Republicans? and I bet he still doesn't like Republicans.

Nulli hasn't changed so much as the Left and Democrats have left the reservation.

AU you are the Biggest Loser.... well right behind JP"Got guns and redflags"W

#17 | Posted by AndreaMackris at 2019-08-08 11:27 PM | Reply

"...shake my head at how f-ed up he is.

#15 | POSTED BY AMERICANUNITY "

Someone who wishes stroke induced paralysis on anther human being is in no position to pontificate on how f'ed up a person is.

#18 | Posted by goatman at 2019-08-08 11:32 PM | Reply

AU you are the Biggest Loser.... well right behind JP"Got guns and redflags"W

#17 | Posted by AndreaMackris

Sure thing trust funder.

Third baser who thinks he's worth a schitt.

#19 | Posted by jpw at 2019-08-09 12:26 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"You've become a different person."

Lots of posters on this site have become a different person. Some literally.

If you think about it, it's not really that drastic of a change to go from a partisan of one group to a partisan of another group. It's like people with addictive personalities who change out one addiction for another. And as sites like this show, politics is addictive to many people.

#20 | Posted by sentinel at 2019-08-09 12:49 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"Third baser"

Since when is being on third base an insult?

#21 | Posted by sentinel at 2019-08-09 12:52 AM | Reply

"Or Mexico, the libertarian nirvana."

#22 | Posted by sentinel at 2019-08-09 12:54 AM | Reply

Since when is being on third base an insult?

#21 | Posted by sentinel

When one was born there and thinks they did all by themselves.

#23 | Posted by jpw at 2019-08-09 12:59 AM | Reply | Funny: 1 | Newsworthy 2

She's now claiming that 'the FBI' told her to lock down her Twitter account and make it visible only to her followers, to protect herself from the mean critics:

www.msn.com

"There are toxic and very vicious people on social media. Threatening and cruel," Arquette said. "I said yesterday the I am ashamed of the color of my skin. I am privileged just because I'm white. I feel shame. Because of all the violence that is happening in America and other racist countries."

#24 | Posted by sentinel at 2019-08-09 01:03 AM | Reply

#23, weren't most of us born there?

#25 | Posted by sentinel at 2019-08-09 01:07 AM | Reply

"Sure thing trust funder.
Third baser who thinks he's worth a schitt."

What do you know about Mackris's income? Do you prepare Mackris's taxes?

#26 | Posted by nullifidian at 2019-08-09 09:47 AM | Reply

#25 only if you play madbomber's "were all the 1% game".

#27 | Posted by jpw at 2019-08-09 10:04 AM | Reply

What do you know about Mackris's income? Do you prepare Mackris's taxes?

You really have become a right winger if you see worth and immediately think money.

#28 | Posted by jpw at 2019-08-09 10:04 AM | Reply

What do you know about Mackris's net worth and how it was obtained?

#29 | Posted by nullifidian at 2019-08-09 10:07 AM | Reply

--NULLI's one of those people living off the government who whines about 'the government.'

Here's another idiot, like JPW, who pretends to know something about a poster's personal finances. You guys do a lot of fantasizing about other people's money, employment, etc.

#30 | Posted by nullifidian at 2019-08-09 10:11 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"Here's another idiot, like JPW, who pretends to know something about a poster's personal finances. "

Add abortionmess to the list. He declared I'm broke.

#31 | Posted by goatman at 2019-08-09 10:15 AM | Reply

#29 he's openly spoke about the trust fund, but stated its only usable for things like traveling.

He's also openly spoke about owning sail boats and sailing extensively on them.

Hardly the words of a middle class professional getting by.

But keep acting like a butthurt little whiner. I guess even the wake and bake cant take the edge off your misery these days, can it?

#32 | Posted by jpw at 2019-08-09 10:18 AM | Reply

You guys do a lot of fantasizing about other people's money, employment, etc.

That's rich coming from the guy who regularly calls me a mouse torturer, as if that's insulting...

#33 | Posted by jpw at 2019-08-09 10:19 AM | Reply

--He's also openly spoke about owning sail boats and sailing extensively on them.

Owning a sail boat is affordable if you're a senior, high-paid professional in silicon valley. Maybe you should have gotten a computer science degree if you're so jealous.

#34 | Posted by nullifidian at 2019-08-09 10:27 AM | Reply

"#25 only if you play madbomber's "were all the 1% game"."

I think you missed something. But I'm not going to explain it

#35 | Posted by sentinel at 2019-08-09 10:32 AM | Reply

#35 I got it now.

Yes I missed it.

#36 | Posted by jpw at 2019-08-09 10:53 AM | Reply

#34 | POSTED BY NULLIFIDIAN

Awwwwww how cute. Nulli is defending his man!

In any case why all the "what do you know" bluster when I was right?

#37 | Posted by jpw at 2019-08-09 10:54 AM | Reply

He's also openly spoke about owning sail boats and sailing extensively on them.
Hardly the words of a middle class professional getting by.

You are correct JPW ... though I sold my boat in Feb.

When one was born there and thinks they did all by themselves.
#23 | POSTED BY JPW

I am pretty well off, but I didn't receive this via silver spoon, its not how my father is, I worked at Wendy's, went to college, worked 24/7 as a software engineer. I didn't receive TrustFund money until 40; he didn't even tell me it was coming. It was a wonderful gift.

Before that money came Nulli and I worked on a device that enabled companies to earn Billions.

I myself invested in those companies when they were $2 a share, today its split 8 times and is worth $200 a share today.

My TrustFund is just something I love rubbing your noses in, I love how you stick in my face like its something I should be ashamed of.

I am privileged, I am the millionaire next door, but it doesn't mean I don't empathize with people without the same means, it doesn't make my PoV any less than anyone elses.

In fact given my travels, by all indications, my understanding of the world, and or privilege is much greater than than the average American.

For instance today I am transferring software knowledge to India, because we just can't find young people here to do the work. Entry level software engineering, imagine.

Americans don't know how privileged they are, but they will find out in good time.

#38 | Posted by AndreaMackris at 2019-08-09 11:25 AM | Reply

Right about what? What's your point? That opinions made by someone who earns a high salary are suspect? Let's apply that standard to the Democrat donor class and millions of wealthy progressives in Washington, San Francisco, Hollywood, Manhattan, Malibu, etc.

#39 | Posted by nullifidian at 2019-08-09 11:28 AM | Reply

you should understand that nobody has a problem with your wealth.

political ideology trumps everything. If you started agreeing with those posters who attack you constantly, then all is well. They'd even change their opinion that your travels, knowledge, profession, etc all make your opinion worth MORE...not less....because they agree with the opinion.

the rest of it is nothing but 3rd rate insults.

#40 | Posted by eberly at 2019-08-09 11:35 AM | Reply

#40 - Eb, read the last few paragraphs again. If you actually want to know why there's distain, the answer's right there.

#41 | Posted by YAV at 2019-08-09 11:38 AM | Reply

--know why there's distain,

Where's the disdain for progressive plutocrats who finance Democrat candidates and leftist organizations? And leftist NIMBYs who are all for the homeless and refugees and illegal immigrants as long as they live somewhere else?

#42 | Posted by nullifidian at 2019-08-09 11:47 AM | Reply

#42- That has nothing to do with what I posted. Nothing,
Are those people here, posting? No.

#43 | Posted by YAV at 2019-08-09 11:52 AM | Reply

Speak for yourself, eb.

#44 | Posted by jpw at 2019-08-09 11:53 AM | Reply

Women do live with problems men usually don't.

Women have been fed all sorts of false guilt.

Time and again I read where women have had ideas put in their heads they aren't good enough for one reason or another and then women pick up the message and run with it.

Feeling guilty for just being who she is is just sad.

If anything perhaps she should be feeling guilty for having rich privledge if she isn't helping others.

#45 | Posted by BillJohnson at 2019-08-09 12:30 PM | Reply

-Eb, read the last few paragraphs again. If you actually want to know why there's distain, the answer's right there.

I'm going to ask you to draw the line for me.

why is there disdain?

#46 | Posted by eberly at 2019-08-09 12:33 PM | Reply

Being white is nothing to feel guilty about.

The rich part...well...perhaps she wouldn't feel guilt if she was using it for more than traveling the world.

#47 | Posted by BillJohnson at 2019-08-09 12:34 PM | Reply

It isn't a shame thing.

It's a 'I came from a very different environment' thing.

Cool, your dad made you work at Wendy's. Thing is is your next meal didn't depend on it.

As am I. You sound like you had my life but better.

Which is why I rag on you. You seem to deny that that environment played any role in where you are today.

As for you and empathy I simply don't see it. Maybe your posts are intended as some sort of dry humor? I don't know anything beyond what I read under "posted by AndreaMackris".

#48 | Posted by jpw at 2019-08-09 12:41 PM | Reply

Right about my assessment of mackris.

You know, the one that got your hackles raised for some reason.

#49 | Posted by jpw at 2019-08-09 12:42 PM | Reply

JPW, just in a couple sentences, I took some passages of them....

"You seem to deny"
"Maybe your posts are intended"
"I simply don't see it."

no direct accusations...everything is all based on your interpretation. Nothing concrete.

don't get me wrong...you're entitled to your opinion of Mackris and that's fine.

but is it possible it's driven by your interpretation and assumptions more than actual fact?

#50 | Posted by eberly at 2019-08-09 12:47 PM | Reply

#50 | Posted by eberly

Where was I wrong?

The initial post that got Nulli all pissy was correct, no?

Having not done an in depth study of mackris' posting history, I can't give you graphs and figures if that's what you're looking for.

Or are you jumping on the goatrain and playing the everything is subjective card while ignoring the fact that many of us have interacted on this site for years?

#51 | Posted by jpw at 2019-08-09 12:52 PM | Reply

And I'll add that of course it could be wrong.

Just as he could be very different IRL compared to how his posts paint him.

But all I have to go on is his posting. Same with his perception of me.

#52 | Posted by jpw at 2019-08-09 12:53 PM | Reply

-Where was I wrong?

nowhere.

and yes, this is subjective to a huge degree which is why I posted on this.

our disgust towards other posters comes for many reasons.

and some of it's justified, IMO.

but ask yourself....has Mackris attacked you like some posters here have?

#53 | Posted by eberly at 2019-08-09 01:03 PM | Reply

Nope.

I don't care if people attack me. My feathers are well oiled and it's what I expect when I log in here. The gladiatorial nature is part of the ...charm.

However, the one thing I can't abide, and is the source of my attacks on people like sheeple and Nulli and often Mackris, is intentional dishonesty. People that come here are far too well informed to believe some of the trash that's posted.

It's for that reason that I interact regularly with JeffJ, RoC and, on occasion, sheeple without it being a flame war. Because there's an attempt at honest discourse there. I might not agree with them, but the intention is true.

I would add you to the list but I don't consider you a righty.

#54 | Posted by jpw at 2019-08-09 01:20 PM | Reply

Eberly, since you asked, it read like this to me:

I'm privileged.
I've traveled so much, I know the value of being privileged.
Other people in the U.S. don't know what I know. If they did, they'd be way more grateful.
But they don't. And they don't even try. They are spoiled.
And I'm offering them work. But we'd have to pay them to work for us, but we can't actually say that.
So we say "we just can't find them here."
So screw them, we'll find people in India that will do the work for us. For much less. Plus they just say "yes" because they are way more desperate than these spoiled kids in the U.S.
But it's OK. Those spoiled Americans will find out soon enough how right I am.

Which pretty much is the underlying tone in most of what Mackris posts. Has been for years. But for Mackris or now Null, the attacks are about "ideology."

They aren't. Not for me anyway. They're about using ideology to justify their toxic and bitter view of everyone else.

IMHO, of course.

#55 | Posted by YAV at 2019-08-09 02:05 PM | Reply

--nd is the source of my attacks on people like sheeple and Nulli and often Mackris, is intentional dishonesty.

Liar. Cite an example of "intentional dishonesty" or stfu.

#56 | Posted by nullifidian at 2019-08-09 02:27 PM | Reply

Yav and JPW,

Thanks To both of you for thoughtful responses.

Yav, your last post is sort of an example of what I'm talking about. You had to type an entire paragraph of words and put them in mackris's mouth.

" toxic and bitter"

I would agree with bitter but not toxic

#57 | Posted by eberly at 2019-08-09 02:31 PM | Reply

Eberly,
Those words are informed by years of reading Mackri's posts.
Mackris was just kind enough to express it in one single post.
Post history is available.

#58 | Posted by YAV at 2019-08-09 03:05 PM | Reply

Liar. Cite an example of "intentional dishonesty" or stfu.

#56 | Posted by nullifidian

Every deflection on a Repub thread to a Dem is "intentional dishonesty".

There now STFU you burnt out old coot.

#59 | Posted by jpw at 2019-08-09 05:07 PM | Reply

By the headline,I thought this thread was about chronic porn viewing habits. Needless to say I'm a bit disappointed.

#60 | Posted by lee_the_agent at 2019-08-09 07:24 PM | Reply | Funny: 3

Thank Zoltzar I'm a rat-like being from planet X.

Wait, now it's 9. Thanks Pluto, you disappointed me.

#61 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2019-08-11 02:16 PM | Reply