Saturday, August 10, 2019

Walmart is taking down displays of violent video games in its stores in the wake of recent shootings. But the company plans to still sell the controversial video games -- and guns. The change in policy does not apply to the sale or display of actual firearms. As the nation's largest retailer, Walmart is also one of the largest sellers of guns and ammunition in the world.

Comments

Welcome to the United States of Dysfunction

#1 | Posted by PinchALoaf at 2019-08-10 05:01 PM | Reply

Well that's that.

I'm sure mass-shootings will shortly plummet.

#2 | Posted by SunTzuMeow at 2019-08-10 05:35 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

Are democrats planning a mass boycott and picketing campaign?

#3 | Posted by SheepleSchism at 2019-08-10 08:04 PM | Reply

--Are democrats planning a mass boycott and picketing campaign?

They have something more effective: Harsh language on their keyboards!

#4 | Posted by nullifidian at 2019-08-10 08:21 PM | Reply

Can't boycott a place I don't shop.

#5 | Posted by SunTzuMeow at 2019-08-10 08:30 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Best prices for ammo in a hurry. Made in America. One of the few items there.

#6 | Posted by willowby at 2019-08-10 08:53 PM | Reply

No problem - we just remarked firearms as video games.

Honestly thou I once walked into a Walmart to buy ammo and there behind the counter, so I just drew all I wanted. Paid for it at the checkout stand 'cause I'm honest, but you should have someone there. I look like an ordinary John Thomas but that's the most dangerous kind. Well instead of all my other most dangerous kind.

The hard part is they never have enough check-out cashier people. My God look at those lines. How can you do that if you make that much money? Pay is to low? Your employees hate you?

Anyway, never shop at Walmart unless you need free ammo. Why not just go to China?

#7 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2019-08-11 05:43 AM | Reply

Yeah, I butchered that one. Here we go again. Remarketed and there was nobody behind the counter.

QAnon needs to go in total tactical, but I hear they have underground tunnels for the death squads or something

#8 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2019-08-11 05:52 AM | Reply

Are we supposed to understand what the ---- you're talking about?

#9 | Posted by JOE at 2019-08-11 07:17 AM | Reply

You have to put on your QAnon thinking cap:

andy lassner @andylassner (Executive Producer - @TheEllenShow & @NBCGameOfGames)

I just got off the phone with Q.

Was at car wash so bad connection, but here's what I think they said.

Don't quote me.

Jeffrey Epstein committed suicide on 8/10/19.

8 + 10 + 19 = 37

The name Bill Barr has 8 letters.

37 + 8 = 45

Donald Trump is the 45th President.

#10 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2019-08-11 08:14 AM | Reply | Funny: 3 | Newsworthy 1

You'd think Walmart would be up in arms against the orange sloth's imposition of tariffs, the same way they vigorously campaign against labor unions.

#11 | Posted by bayviking at 2019-08-11 08:48 AM | Reply

#10 | POSTED BY GAL_TUESDAY

Lol. Quick maths

#12 | Posted by GOnoles92 at 2019-08-11 08:55 AM | Reply

#11 | Posted by bayviking

Depends.

Did they increase their prices in line with expected increases from tariffs?

Or did they slip in a few extra % points because their regular shopper wouldn't notice?

#13 | Posted by jpw at 2019-08-11 12:20 PM | Reply

#12 | Posted by GOnoles92

No that adds up.

#14 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2019-08-11 12:54 PM | Reply

Wal mart and other places like it crack me up....I am actually kind of proud in a weird way that in this country you can go buy milk, underwear, a TV and a firearm in one transaction.

Although I hate seeing white dudes with mustaches and tight jeans packing a pistol on their belt...only place in town I can count on seeing that while shopping. Only --------- open carry.

#15 | Posted by Ottodog at 2019-08-12 01:13 AM | Reply