Monday, August 12, 2019

She was a bright young Malaysian pursuing a doctorate in clinical and counselling psychology because she wanted to help children the world over. But she also had to persevere through months of racial bullying and insults, and when her university's psychology department seemingly did nothing, she could endure no more.

Comments

Jerusha Sanjeevi, a---------- survivor of Chinese and Indian descent, took her own life in 2017 at the tender age of 24.

Now her family is suing Utah State University (USU) for alleged inaction over Jerusha's multiple reports of relentless racist bullying, according to reports by US media.

The Herald Journal said that Jerusha's family, who still lives in Malaysia, is seeking damages from the university. No amount was disclosed.

#1 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2019-08-12 06:43 AM | Reply

To be fair, I have NEVER experienced ANY racism in the US.

WTF am I doing right and what are these people whose stories I keep hearing, doing wrong?

HOW exactly are they turning themselves into a target?

I would love to understand thid.

#2 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2019-08-12 06:46 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

Must not have been a woke college teaching psychology.

These are all dangerous lies! In need my cry-closet. Where's my play-dough?

#3 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2019-08-12 10:41 AM | Reply

Why did you flag my comment FF, dude?

It's a serious question.

How is racism triggered?

#4 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2019-08-12 10:47 AM | Reply

#4 | Posted by J_Tremain

I think it's actually religious bigotry? But yeah racism very real, so I thought you where being sarcastic. Even I've seen it.

Boaz can handle it though - he's an Uncle Tom.

Or did I just fall for your sarcasm?

#5 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2019-08-12 11:30 AM | Reply

Wait I should delete that post....

#6 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2019-08-12 11:31 AM | Reply

The correct answer is that I never make sarcastic ethnic humor jokes. I love goats too, just the male ones.

#7 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2019-08-12 11:33 AM | Reply

(I can't believe the treatment you got here from the people who thought you where ------. But then I work for Putin. Just ask the same people).

#8 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2019-08-12 11:36 AM | Reply

(And yes, now I rejoice in it).

#9 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2019-08-12 11:38 AM | Reply

Not getting a straight answer today, am I?

#10 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2019-08-12 07:39 PM | Reply

I believe it's called a heterosexual answer.

#11 | Posted by lee_the_agent at 2019-08-12 08:02 PM | Reply

WTF are you talking about?

#12 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2019-08-12 08:09 PM | Reply

A tragedy that this lady decided to take her own life, but to paint the results of her own admitted depression as the result of the schools inaction seems to be someone in search of a payday. The lawsuit was filed by her boyfriend?

"I have lived with depression for over half my life, and somehow survived each episode. But each wave of sadness grew darker and longer," she wrote, according to news portal The Daily Beast.

Sounds like the growth of a mental illness.

#13 | Posted by Avigdore at 2019-08-13 07:43 AM | Reply

I get it now.

If you project weakness or insecurity or lack of confidence or low self esteem, you become an easy target, specially in America. And people will pile on you.

Nobody likes a person giving off negative vibes, specially in America that traditionally has a culture built on hope.

#14 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2019-08-13 08:21 AM | Reply

Found the trigger.

Thanks.

#15 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2019-08-13 08:21 AM | Reply

It sounds as if the bullying was limited to two individuals. I have been a target myself and it is quite difficult to deal with. Don't blame the victim for it, bullies are basically psychos who enjoy inflicting pain on others and I find nothing remotely funny about a young woman committing suicide. At the very least those ullies should be expelled from that university. And the teachers, administrators etc. that she had gone to for help should probably lose their jobs.

#16 | Posted by danni at 2019-08-14 04:13 PM | Reply