Tuesday, August 13, 2019

CNN's Chris Cuomo erupted at a man in public who apparently called him "Fredo," in a wild moment caught on video that went viral Monday night.

Comments

A surprising voice on this one...

Sean Hannity
Verified account @seanhannity

...I say good for @ChrisCuomo

He's out with his 9 year old daughter, and his wife, and this guy is being a jackass in front of his family.

Imho Chris Cuomo has zero to apologize for. He deserves the apology....

Some folk may want to note the following comment of mine: I agree completely with Mr Hannity in this instance.

I also had a similar opinion when fmr Pres Sec Sanders was harassed at a restaurant. That, too, was wrong.

#1 | Posted by LampLighter at 2019-08-13 12:36 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 5

CNN-DNC's Cuomo: "I'm smart, not dumb, like people say."

#3 | Posted by nullifidian at 2019-08-13 12:51 PM | Reply | Funny: 2

Newly uncovered video of DNC Cuomo:

www.youtube.com

#4 | Posted by nullifidian at 2019-08-13 12:54 PM | Reply | Funny: 4

@#2 ... Fredo did not handle it well. ...

That may or may not be true.

I still say it is the verbal assaulter who was in the wrong, not the person reacting to it.

#5 | Posted by LampLighter at 2019-08-13 01:12 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Time to Red Flag and disarm such a sociopath.

#7 | Posted by sitzkrieg at 2019-08-13 01:38 PM | Reply

@#6 ... The guy that wants to fight over being called Fredo is mentally unstable - probably due to drugs or alcohol. ...

The guy that wants to fight over being called Fredo is mentally unstable.

Nah, this whole kerfuffle looks more like a besmirching campaign than anything else, as confirmed by your "probably..." comment.

If the tribes were reversed, I suspect the right wing media would be cheering that someone stood up to a verbal assaulter.

I still agree with Mr Hannity on this.

.....I say good for @ChrisCuomo

Imho Chris Cuomo has zero to apologize for. He deserves the apology.......

#8 | Posted by LampLighter at 2019-08-13 01:46 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#8 Wow! Hannity actually said something I agree with.

#9 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-08-13 01:55 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

If Trump doesn't like it, IraGoldberg doesn't like it....

#10 | Posted by pumpkinhead at 2019-08-13 01:59 PM | Reply

When two partisan political worlds collide this ---- happens. Some would say its just words vs. physical harm, trying to show one person in the right while the other isn't.

Words are made of sounds and sounds are directed sound waves, which can cause pressure enough to damage the delicate hearing nerves that each of us has within our heads.

So whoever said that words cannot hurt is a liar.

Even though I support freedom of speech, I do have this anecdote to share-- a long time ago in a school hallway not so far away, a kid in my fifth grade class screamed into the ear of one of my friends. He ended up suffering a perforated eardrum, permanent hearing damage, hyperacusis and permanent tinnitus-- the latter of which used to drive him nuts. In high school and college he shied away from normal everyday noises and became increasingly isolated and quick to anger and eventually turned to drugs and alcohol to cope with his "curse".

He overdosed in 2015 at the age of 26. He is one of six kids in my graduating class that have OD'd so far. Still, I always wonder if he would've have gone down that path if it wasn't for those "harmless" words shouted directly into his ear.

#11 | Posted by pumpkinhead at 2019-08-13 02:09 PM | Reply

I won't blame the next "celebrity" that tunes one of these trolls up.
Unfortunately, the courts probably would.

Comparing it to the Nword should be getting more run than it has so far...

#13 | Posted by 101Chairborne at 2019-08-13 02:34 PM | Reply

I agree that Cuomo was in the right here, but this is an unfortunate fact for him:

Chris Cuomo once referred to himself as 'Fredo' in radio interview

#14 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2019-08-13 04:29 PM | Reply

Sean Hannity is a moron. Fredo is just getting a taste of his own medicine.

CNN's Chris Cuomo Defends Antifa: Attacks On Police, Journalists ...

www.realclearpolitics.com
Aug 14, 2018 - CNN's Chris Cuomo argued Monday night Antifa protesters are wrong to hit people, police, and reporters, "but fighting hate is right"

#15 | Posted by nullifidian at 2019-08-13 04:39 PM | Reply

Cuomo called himself the Italian Nword.

#16 | Posted by 101Chairborne at 2019-08-13 04:45 PM | Reply

#6 | Posted by iragoldberg

I am with Chris. You are a real punk to start something with someone like him. He knew DAMNED well his name wasn't "Fredo" unless you also think he was really really dumb and not being manipulated by the right wing media complex. He didn't have the guts to stand up for his insult. And to do it with Cuomo's wife and child present - what a pure punk.

I mean what kind of grown ass man does ---- like that? Oh wait NM, pure Trumper. It's a matter of respect. He thought since he was in public and Cuomo was a personality he could get away with it. If you want to insult a stranger - and it is a pretty deep insult - you better be prepared to defend that position. I can sure understand why Cuomo wanted to dot that eye. Chris was smart though - he wanted to push the guy to initiate physical violence. And simply based on one look at the guy, I'd bet on Cuomo in about 10 seconds.

#17 | Posted by GalaxiePete at 2019-08-13 05:24 PM | Reply

Out with his wife, daughter and his shine box.

#18 | Posted by LesWit at 2019-08-13 05:56 PM | Reply

Cuomo called himself the Italian Nword.
#16 | POSTED BY 101CHAIRBORNE AT 2019-08-13 04:45 PM

Whether or not you lubricate your Trumpplug still doesn't justify the nbomb - Chris gave him several opportunities to retract any part, asks about "respect" and finally, after defining the manner of language abuse he is going to put some fear into the punker. It's obvious he's keeping his cool at all times, I trust him to not start the fight but to end it. Brother to brother - the perp was also Italian. so we witnessed the lesson passed on. Tarantino should put Cuomo in a film someplace laying down some jewels..

#19 | Posted by redlightrobot at 2019-08-13 06:16 PM | Reply

You can't quite hear it, but Cuomo tells the guy 'Hey! Shut uppa you face!'

#20 | Posted by lee_the_agent at 2019-08-13 06:32 PM | Reply | Funny: 2

I'm Italian and have never heard of this insult. I've been called "Dago","Wop", and "Guido" among others, but never "Fredo".
And I think it's an insult to black folks that anyone thinks there is any equivalent to the N-word. No Italians were kidnapped and dragged here in chains only to be marginalized and insulted.

#21 | Posted by TFDNihilist at 2019-08-13 07:16 PM | Reply

#22 | Posted by tor at 2019-08-13 08:18 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

"Don't you just love right wingers who try to call liberals snow flakes who need safe spaces off the internet and discover they've been living in a safe space and are now in danger of getting melted?
#22 | Posted by tor "

Still, I'm intrigued by your allegation of right wing snowflakes. Can you give an example of an seeking psychological support for duress due to opposing political philosophies?

#23 | Posted by goatman at 2019-08-13 08:22 PM | Reply

"Can you cite any right wingers seeking psychologic help for duress because they saw the name of a political opponent?"

No but if you hum a few bars I'll fake it.

#24 | Posted by Tor at 2019-08-13 08:41 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

His family was eventually going to find out he was a Fredo so there was no need to act like a classless rage monkey. People on the right are harassed in public all the time so it's more than ok when it happens to people like Fredo.

#25 | Posted by visitor_ at 2019-08-14 07:43 AM | Reply

Time to Red Flag and disarm such a sociopath.
#7 | POSTED BY SITZKRIEG AT 2019-08-13 01:38 PM

I agree. You're next.

#26 | Posted by JOE at 2019-08-14 07:54 AM | Reply

I bet the next time Cuomo orders fettucini al fredo, the waiter will giggle.

pbs.twimg.com

#27 | Posted by nullifidian at 2019-08-14 09:11 AM | Reply | Funny: 2

No matter what, the waiter will say the the special is al fredo.

#28 | Posted by visitor_ at 2019-08-14 10:59 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

"What I didn't know about fake news, until this day, it was Cuomo all along."

--Vito

#29 | Posted by nullifidian at 2019-08-14 11:08 AM | Reply

I think Cuomo was right to get in the guy's face. But he could have ended it a lot sooner and still made his point. As it is, he looks like a guy with a temper.

#30 | Posted by cbob at 2019-08-14 11:41 AM | Reply

#31 | Posted by cbob at 2019-08-14 11:42 AM | Reply

#32 | Posted by MSgt at 2019-08-14 12:40 PM | Reply | Funny: 1 | Newsworthy 1

What's the problem? Italian hip hoppers call each other fredo all the time. Just don't say it ever if you are not eyetalian. That would be rayciss and It's akshuallee a term of endearment within their own race.

#33 | Posted by mutant at 2019-08-14 04:42 PM | Reply

"'Nice' mouth with his kids present, but then again, being a lib he probably uses foul language around them all the time.
#32 | POSTED BY MSGT "

He threaten to throw the guys down the stairs. Cuomo should be investigated by the police. Maybe bring in CPS to make sure he is not this derranged at home. My guess is that he was high as a kite or drunk. He did go to Yale and cocaine abuse is rampant there.

#34 | Posted by iragoldberg at 2019-08-15 12:08 AM | Reply

Ira, George Bush agrees 100% with you.

#35 | Posted by zelkova at 2019-08-15 10:36 AM | Reply

#35 | POSTED BY ZELKOVA

He would be my exhibit A.

#36 | Posted by iragoldberg at 2019-08-15 12:28 PM | Reply