Tuesday, August 13, 2019

It's one thing to match on your wedding day but it's another to match for 68 years. That's what Francis and Rosemary Klontz have been doing for seven decades.

Comments

-letting his bride of more than half a century pick his outfits every day.
"She just lays it out for me, and I don't have to worry about a thing!" Francis Klonts said.

The key to any long term relationship---subservience.

#1 | Posted by TFDNihilist at 2019-08-13 07:21 PM | Reply

The key to any long term relationship---subservience.

POSTED BY TFDNIHILIST AT 2019-08-13 07:21 PM | REPLY

Sounds good to me.

#2 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2019-08-13 07:29 PM | Reply

Tfd,

"The key to any long term relationship"

I've been married 40 years.

Let's see...

How to stay married.

Keep your pants up around other people.

When you argue don't hit below the belt.

Apologize quickly.

Don't use sex as a weapon or to manipulate.

If you want to be trusted, be trustworthy.

Never ever hit them.

Be aware it's normal to argue and don't really expect the other person to think like you.

Sometimes you both just need to distance yourself if tensions are high so you don't say things you regret or have to live with permanent damage.

Spend time together without always thinking you have to talk.

Forget what you see on TV how ideal relationships should be.

There will be good days and bad days. Good months and bad months. You might even think your relationship at some point is done. If you both actually love each other but can't see through the frustration, give it time. Don't expect quick resolutions. Don't give up and stop trying.

The things you argue about when you're young, you'll may still be arguing over years later.

Don't think you're going to change the other person.

Practice unconditional love.

Just try to be nice and expect the same from them.

#3 | Posted by BillJohnson at 2019-08-13 08:26 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 3

#3 | Posted by BillJohnson

Saying 'thank you' is important too. Humor is probably the most important of all. Laughter is a good thing.

#4 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2019-08-13 08:47 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

When we got married decades ago we both agreed that if something wasn't going to matter in 5 years it isn't worth arguing over.

#5 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2019-08-13 08:49 PM | Reply

letting his bride of more than half a century pick his outfits every day.

Kind of disturbing ...

I wonder what kind of dresses Rosemary picked out for Francine?

Frank, it's not to late to get your balls back. Man up, big fella.

#6 | Posted by PinchALoaf at 2019-08-13 09:09 PM | Reply

If Francis was ever duct taped to a chair and forced to watch episodes of 'Married with Children', his head would explode.

#7 | Posted by PinchALoaf at 2019-08-13 09:12 PM | Reply

My wife picked my clothes for me when we were going out. She didn't like my choice of print shirts with stripped pants, and white socks with sandals.

#8 | Posted by goatman at 2019-08-13 09:12 PM | Reply

"Frank, it's not to late to get your balls back. Man up, big fella.

#6 | Posted by PinchALoaf "

I fail to see how letting your wife choose your clothes is a form of emasculation.

#9 | Posted by goatman at 2019-08-13 09:15 PM | Reply

I wonder what kind of dresses Rosemary picked out for Francine?
Frank, it's not to late to get your balls back. Man up, big fella.
POSTED BY PINCHALOAF AT 2019-08-13 09:09 PM | REPLY

7 decades married says it's a bad idea.

#10 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2019-08-13 09:16 PM | Reply

"She didn't like my choice of print shirts with stripped pants, and white socks with sandals."

Turns out, it was the "stripped" pants causing the most trouble.

#11 | Posted by Danforth at 2019-08-13 09:19 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

#8 | Posted by goatman

L7! :)

#12 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2019-08-13 09:22 PM | Reply

Pinch,

"Frank, it's not to late to get your balls back. Man up, big fella."

Obviously he wasn't insecure about his masculinity.

#13 | Posted by BillJohnson at 2019-08-13 09:26 PM | Reply

Obviously he wasn't insecure about his masculinity.

#13 | POSTED BY BILLJOHNSON

Francis is so secure in his masculinity that his wife keeps his balls in her purse ... for 70 years.

Masculine toxicity?

More like lame ball-less dudes traipsing around in their wife's dresses.

Pretty embarrassing.

#14 | Posted by PinchALoaf at 2019-08-13 09:53 PM | Reply

Masculine toxicity?
More like lame ball-less dudes traipsing around in their wife's dresses.
Pretty embarrassing.

POSTED BY PINCHALOAF AT 2019-08-13 09:53 PM | REPLY

A happy wife a happy life my dear.

#15 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2019-08-13 09:59 PM | Reply

A happy wife a happy life my dear.

#15 | POSTED BY LAURAMOHR

Happiness is being a total marshmallow for one's domineering wife?

And this passes for news?

Good for Francis, but bad for men married to wives who think this is a good idea -- dressing up your husband to match the wife's identity, like a Ken Doll.

#16 | Posted by PinchALoaf at 2019-08-13 10:08 PM | Reply

Happiness is being a total marshmallow for one's domineering wife?
And this passes for news?

POSTED BY PINCHALOAF AT 2019-08-13 10:08 PM | REPLY

Hey dear. It could be worse.

#17 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2019-08-13 10:11 PM | Reply

Hey dear. It could be worse.

#17 | POSTED BYLAURAMOHR

Well, I do agree with that ~

#18 | Posted by PinchALoaf at 2019-08-13 10:14 PM | Reply

"Pretty embarrassing.

#14 | POSTED BY PINCHALOAF "

What's embarrassing about having your wife choose your clothes? Maybe for someone who is extremely insecure with himself it would be. I'm not afraid to admit I couldn't dress myself. That doesn't make my balls any smaller. You need to gain some self confidence, dude. This is far from the first time you've displayed a gross lack of self-esteem.

#19 | Posted by goatman at 2019-08-13 10:55 PM | Reply

#19 | POSTED BYGOATMAN

Mr. Euell Gibbons, your grape nuts are shriveling.

#20 | Posted by PinchALoaf at 2019-08-13 11:06 PM | Reply

Mr. Euell Gibbons, your grape nuts are shriveling.

POSTED BY PINCHALOAF AT 2019-08-13 11:06 PM | REPLY

They probably look like mine by now.

#21 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2019-08-13 11:15 PM | Reply

"#19 | POSTED BYGOATMAN
Mr. Euell Gibbons, your grape nuts are shriveling.

#20 | POSTED BY PINCHALOAF "

I'm quite secure in my masculinity. You are the one fretting over yours by acquiescing to your wife's wishes, not me.

#22 | Posted by goatman at 2019-08-13 11:24 PM | Reply

#22 | POSTED BYGOATMAN

Whatever you say, Donald Trump.

#23 | Posted by PinchALoaf at 2019-08-13 11:32 PM | Reply

"#22 | POSTED BYGOATMAN
Whatever you say, Donald Trump.

#23 | POSTED BY PINCHALOAF "

And whatever you say, he-man. LOL

#24 | Posted by goatman at 2019-08-13 11:35 PM | Reply

I've been married for 30 years. It wasnt and isnt easy. Especially being in the military.

I've learned you have to over compensate when you see a problem coming, like not going out with the boys alot or going to clubs. Not saying stupid stuff like, from the husband, "my only friends are women" or "my only friends are men", when you are a woman can make things tense.

You also have to have a common culture. You have to agree on some lifestyle things. It's very hard when one is a vegetarian and one is a meat eater. Trust me, I know. Especially when you have a young family and the kids wont eat grass from the back yard.

And you also have to be friends with her family and her vice versa. Family can end or enrich a marriage.

#25 | Posted by boaz at 2019-08-14 08:58 AM | Reply

Loaf,

Not sure why you think this is so emasculating.

To me it's no big deal. If they are both happy with this arrangement - great.

#26 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-08-14 09:57 AM | Reply

What's embarrassing about having your wife choose your clothes?

#27 | Posted by JOE at 2019-08-14 10:29 AM | Reply | Funny: 1 | Newsworthy 1

"You mean other than the fact that learning to dress yourself typically happens sometime shortly after kindergarten?

#27 | POSTED BY JOE "

Um, no. Reading is fundamental. There is a difference between choosing clothes and dresssing one's self. Try again.

#28 | Posted by goatman at 2019-08-14 10:56 AM | Reply

#29 | Posted by JOE at 2019-08-14 10:59 AM | Reply

"So you can't find clothes that fit you and look decent? Is that supposed to be better? Again, that's a skill most people acquire as children.

#29 | POSTED BY JOE "

I ccan find clothes that fit, but look decent? According to my wife, I couldn't. After she died, my sister started helping me with that. Learning to coordinate clothes is not a learned skill.

#30 | Posted by goatman at 2019-08-14 11:02 AM | Reply

Learning to coordinate clothes is not a learned skill.

Learning isn't learned? As you'd say, "keep digging."

#31 | Posted by JOE at 2019-08-14 11:13 AM | Reply

"Learning isn't learned? As you'd say, "keep digging."

#31 | POSTED BY JOE "

Nope, it's not. Clothes coordination isn't the only thingk that can't be learned. Cooking, photography, and more simpliy aren't acquired skills. There arent many people who can cook as well as I can, and they could never learn how. There are people who are great with clothes, but I'm not one of them.

I don't know why you are so hung up on this My guess it's just trolling.

#32 | Posted by goatman at 2019-08-14 11:24 AM | Reply

Not sure why you think this is so emasculating.

To me it's no big deal. If they are both happy with this arrangement - great.

#26 | POSTED BYJEFFJ

I did say good for him in post #16.

To say it another way ...

Have You Never Been Mellow

or

Detroit Rock City

????

I know my answer ~

#33 | Posted by PinchALoaf at 2019-08-14 11:41 AM | Reply

How is this not FARKed all over the world, I could see matching NAZI uniforms in a She-Wolf of the SS Halloween theme, maybe the could both dress as Tetsuo (an amorphous.. this, Notice the leg, still in it's pant and shoe. Just laying there. So, maybe one should be the leg? Anyhow, I would desperately hope that this idea is picked up and carried far away.

#34 | Posted by redlightrobot at 2019-08-15 07:48 AM | Reply