Thursday, August 15, 2019

[Donald] Trump, who infamously rated women's looks on Howard Stern's radio show prior to his campaign, has occasionally discussed women's appearances while in office -- sometimes to call them beautiful, sometimes to call them ugly. But the vast majority of his public words about looks as President have been admiring remarks about men, most often men in uniform. Whether it's generals or first responders, Trump likes people he believes look the part and dismisses people he believes do not. ... Since April, Trump has described people as "central casting" 10 times, "good-looking" or "great-looking" 11 times -- including one tweet in which he called himself "so great looking and smart."

Alternate links: Google News | Twitter

Rick Wilson, a Republican consultant who is sharply critical of Trump, said the President's compliments of men in uniform are a reflection of both his reality TV past and "his own personal sense of weakness."

"They're lean, they're tough and they're strong, and it's all the polar opposite of a man who thinks that exercise is walking from the golf cart to the green," Wilson said.

Comments

Odd, I've never heard that reported at all. But so what? The implication is that it is wrong for a man to comment on a man's looks. Do I detect leftie hypocrisy? It's much like when Pinchaloaf called me 'goatwoman' as if it is an insult to be called a woman while most people see women as equals.

#1 | Posted by goatman at 2019-08-13 11:56 PM | Reply

I am so old that I can remember when CNN was a reputable news source and didn't focus on things like this.

#2 | Posted by goatman at 2019-08-13 11:58 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

I'm so old I remember when Presidents understood that looks are not the measure of a man or a woman's abilities, and Presidential supporters respected and accepted that physical appearances were not the measure of those who achieved great things.

#3 | Posted by oldwhiskeysour at 2019-08-14 09:57 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"I'm so old I remember when Presidents understood that looks are not the measure of a man or a woman's abilities...

#3 | POSTED BY OLDWHISKEYSOUR "

You mean like JFK and Marilyn Monroe? Her looks had nthing to do with him taking her under his wing? It was her superb abilities to do...well, to do what, exactly?

But in another sense, you are correct. Bill Clinton was a sexual harrasser who obviously didn't care what his women looked like! LOL

#4 | Posted by goatman at 2019-08-14 11:11 AM | Reply

Disunderstanding the essence of comments is Goatman's super power. With it, he can ignore all that might potentially require a serious discussion.

Addressing the actual point is Kryptonite to the Goat.

#5 | Posted by oldwhiskeysour at 2019-08-14 12:50 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

I see OWS's meltdown and obsession with me continues

#6 | Posted by goatman at 2019-08-14 01:03 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

I see Goatman fears the Kryptonite in this thread, which, as we who read the thread are aware, discusses Trump's obsession with men's looks.

#7 | Posted by oldwhiskeysour at 2019-08-14 01:30 PM | Reply

You mean like JFK and Marilyn Monroe?

That comparison makes no sense. Trump is talking about generals, Supreme Court justices and Cabinet officials. He isn't talking about a woman he's banging.

#8 | Posted by rcade at 2019-08-15 08:59 PM | Reply

"Trump is talking about generals, Supreme Court justices and Cabinet officials. He isn't talking about a woman he's banging.

#8 | POSTED BY RCADE "

Maybe he's banging Ginsberg. Try to unsee that!

#9 | Posted by goatman at 2019-08-15 09:06 PM | Reply

Nobody likes a squealer!

#10 | Posted by LesWit at 2019-08-15 09:20 PM | Reply

Odd, I've never heard that reported at all.

What does that matter? It happened. Are you trying to suggest it didn't? Your own ignorance of the thread topic is irrelevant.

#11 | Posted by JOE at 2019-08-15 10:28 PM | Reply

"Are you trying to suggest it didn't?

#11 | POSTED BY JOE "

Um, no, I'm saying I never heard of it being reported. Reading and reading comprehension are fundamental.

#12 | Posted by goatman at 2019-08-15 11:01 PM | Reply

He still wont address the thread. Kryptonite I tells ya!

#13 | Posted by oldwhiskeysour at 2019-08-15 11:31 PM | Reply

This article clearly demonstrates how shallow and low character Trump really is.

#14 | Posted by horstngraben at 2019-08-15 11:42 PM | Reply

we who read the thread are aware, discusses Trump's obsession with men's looks.
#7 | POSTED BY OLDWHISKEYSOUR

What exactly does this suggest to you, OWS?

That Trump is gay; likes men? finds them sexually attractive?

Where do you imagine this bus is going?

#15 | Posted by SheepleSchism at 2019-08-15 11:50 PM | Reply

I'm saying I never heard of it being reported.

And i'm asking what the purpose of saying that is, other than demonstrating your own ignorance.

#16 | Posted by JOE at 2019-08-16 04:43 AM | Reply

I'm saying I never heard of it being reported.

#17 | Posted by JOE at 2019-08-16 04:43 AM | Reply

"And i'm asking what the purpose of saying that is...

#16 | POSTED BY JOE"

Because I felt like saying it.

#18 | Posted by goatman at 2019-08-16 10:41 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

"He still wont address the thread. Kryptonite I tells ya!

#13 | POSTED BY OLDWHISKEYSOUR"

Too funny. You have four posts on this thread and not a single one is about the topic -- every one of them is about me or something I posted.

Conclusion? You are a raging hypocrite and you once again prove you are morbidly obsessed with me.

#19 | Posted by goatman at 2019-08-16 10:47 AM | Reply

Goatman is that guy that all the girls want to dance with.

Especially Josephine.

#20 | Posted by SheepleSchism at 2019-08-16 11:50 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

#21 | Posted by Just_Joe at 2019-08-16 07:54 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Is this a thread that somehow suggests that Trump is ghey?
The extry special 2 year Muleman investigation went ---- up, the Einstein hang can't be blamed on him so this is what's left?
SMFH

#22 | Posted by phesterOBoyle at 2019-08-16 07:58 PM | Reply

Wow! Sheeple had just gotten to a high #2 with 25 plonks (coming up fast on #1) and Goat slipped right past him with 27!

#23 | Posted by YAV at 2019-08-16 08:12 PM | Reply

Congrats, Goatman! You rock dude.

#24 | Posted by SheepleSchism at 2019-08-16 08:14 PM | Reply | Funny: 2

SO many emotionally weak-minded. The Boss is generous to provide an echo chamber safe space devoid of differing opinions.

#25 | Posted by SheepleSchism at 2019-08-16 08:17 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#26 | Posted by REDIAL at 2019-08-16 08:27 PM | Reply

What are you talking about?

#27 | Posted by nullifidian at 2019-08-16 08:29 PM | Reply

I wish for all my fellow citizens to return to appreciating good looking aesthetics. We have slipped into the slob zone in the last few decades. Just look at our once proud cities. Garbage people and environment. You must seek out the beauty since so many just don't give a hoot anymore. Look at architecture for example, mostly nonsense crap in the post ww2 era.

#28 | Posted by mutant at 2019-08-16 09:26 PM | Reply

"Jesus H Christ. Goat has only been back a week and he is already #2 on the plonk list.

#21 | POSTED BY JUST_JOE

#23 | POSTED BY YAV "

I came back with the numbers I left with (note my seniority number) But you guys brag about this? The top 17 on the killfile list are conservatives. So who's plonking them? Snowflake, thin skinned liberals. Not much to be proud of Joe and Yav. Unless, of course you like your side being portrayed as snowflakes.

So killfile away, snowflakes!

#29 | Posted by goatman at 2019-08-17 01:05 PM | Reply

"Plonks are essentially useless until they also turf posters from the "recent comments" page.

#26 | POSTED BY REDIAL "

Actually, I don't think they are useless. They go to show who the thin skinned snowflakes are. Top 17 on the killfile list are conservatives, and they aren't killfiling each other. Must be some snowflake who prefers an echo chamber so his wittle feelings aren't hurt.

#30 | Posted by goatman at 2019-08-17 01:07 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

--Top 17 on the killfile list are conservatives,

Of course. DR Leftists start sucking their thumbs and crying for mommy when they see a contrary point of view. As well as calling for expelling posters that violate their safe space.

#31 | Posted by nullifidian at 2019-08-17 01:13 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

#23 | POSTED BY YAV

I can't imagine how pathetic your life must be.

Its like the 3rd time I have seen you waste your time searching for irrelevant ad hominem meta-data.

#32 | Posted by AndreaMackris at 2019-08-17 01:20 PM | Reply

"...you waste your time searching for irrelevant ad hominem meta-data."

Waste time searching?!? It's one click away, on the stats page.

#33 | Posted by Danforth at 2019-08-17 01:28 PM | Reply

#33 - apparently it's a daunting task to click and look. Poor Mackris.

#34 | Posted by YAV at 2019-08-17 01:31 PM | Reply

(Also loved the ad hominem attack on me used to attack my use of a statistic as "ad hominem. The irony. The self-retorting retort. The joy.)

#35 | Posted by YAV at 2019-08-17 01:33 PM | Reply

--I can't imagine how pathetic your life must be.

Still not as bad as that creepy weirdo Hans, who would post about sniper's "37 plonks" 20 times a day. That's not just pathetic; it's mental illness.

#36 | Posted by nullifidian at 2019-08-17 01:35 PM | Reply

Danforth, Have:. I do not speak for Mackris, but I'm pretty sure his point was not about the he's in finding the data.

Anyway, isn't it funny how those thin-skinned plonkers are like the college kids who see the word Trump and have to seek psychological counseling? LOL. but here they can create their own little private echo chamber so they're fragile feelings won't get trod upon. And I'm sure they are posting from a safe place. LOL

#37 | Posted by goatman at 2019-08-17 02:05 PM | Reply

We shouldn't disparage trump's appreciation of male attention. First, hetero biological tendencies. Also first, homosexual male tendencies. Neither really ok to disparage regardless especially as so called liberals. Is it somehow his fault but no other males with possible homosecual appreciations that they have been mislead by societal pressures?

#38 | Posted by Ottodog at 2019-08-17 02:31 PM | Reply

Homophobism

Homophobism is something you say when you can't think of the word "homophobia".

Had to happen as the Democrats ran out of Black Racism labels to call our President.

#39 | Posted by Pegasus at 2019-08-17 03:21 PM | Reply

"isn't it funny how those thin-skinned plonkers are like the college kids "

The way I see it, folks get plonked if they're a waste of time. I've plonked three, after giving them every opportunity to contribute. One is dumb as a rock, one is a dishonest Nazi, and one is just downright dishonest.

Hmmm....after reading those barometers, now I'm wondering why more aren't plonked.

#40 | Posted by Danforth at 2019-08-18 12:24 AM | Reply

"the Democrats ran out of Black Racism labels to call our President."

Which Black Racism label do you prefer?

#41 | Posted by Danforth at 2019-08-18 12:25 AM | Reply

"folks get plonked if they're a waste of time"

yup.

#42 | Posted by Alexandrite at 2019-08-18 12:33 AM | Reply

yup.

#42 | POSTED BY ALEXANDRITE

That's some contribution. Wait over at Floyd's barbershop with Gomer until Barney comes by with the plan.

#43 | Posted by SheepleSchism at 2019-08-18 12:39 AM | Reply