Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Rep. Steve King (R-IA) on Wednesday defended his position to ban abortions for victims of rape or incest by saying both things have been vital to maintaining the human population.

Comments

"What if we went back through all the family trees and just pulled out anyone who was a product of rape or ------"

this is the state of Todays GOP

speculating that everyone is an --------- rapist.

so much for their claim of returning to "Christian values" as a panacea
apparently, those now supposedly defunct "Christian values" include raping your kids and boning your sister/mom/grandma

#1 | Posted by ChiefTutMoses at 2019-08-14 03:20 PM | Reply

But Chief, "It says it in the Bible..." That means its ok, doncha see?

#2 | Posted by oldwhiskeysour at 2019-08-14 03:22 PM | Reply

Aren't the good people of Iowa's 4th District embarrassed by this person yet?

#3 | Posted by LampLighter at 2019-08-14 03:31 PM | Reply | Funny: 1 | Newsworthy 6

I was gonna post this.

I'm left wondering if we should DNA test the entire King family.

#4 | Posted by Tor at 2019-08-14 03:33 PM | Reply

Steve King's humanity does not exist.

#5 | Posted by johnny_hotsauce at 2019-08-14 04:57 PM | Reply

99% of us are Saturday night specials.

#6 | Posted by lee_the_agent at 2019-08-14 05:47 PM | Reply

Steve King's family tree does not branch.

#7 | Posted by _Gunslinger_ at 2019-08-14 07:23 PM | Reply

If Crazy Steve thinks rape is normal and abortion is not here's a fact for him:

One of my ancestors circa 1850 was told during an Indian attack that if the defenses failed she should kill herself to protect against rape.

They even gave her a pair of scissors.

Don't pretend for a second that if she was raped they wouldn't have supported her deciding to have an abortion.

#8 | Posted by Tor at 2019-08-14 07:40 PM | Reply

I wonder how Mr. King would feel if he were raped.

#9 | Posted by truthhurts at 2019-08-14 07:50 PM | Reply

Damn. How hard is it to be against rape and ------?

#10 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2019-08-14 11:31 PM | Reply

"this is the state of Todays GOP...

#1 | POSTED BY CHIEFTUTMOSES "

Jeez, laughing and shaking my head.

The Big Chief immediately, on the first post and screeches this when it is anything but political. I'm so sad for people like the Big Chief.

#11 | Posted by goatman at 2019-08-14 11:57 PM | Reply

Aren't the good people of Iowa's 4th District embarrassed by this person yet?

Anyone who votes for a guy like Steve King is not a good person.

#12 | Posted by JOE at 2019-08-15 12:00 AM | Reply

Anyone who votes for a guy like Steve King is not a good person.
#12 | POSTED BY JOE

"Anyone who votes for my political opponent is a bad person"...is the weakest POV that ever existed.

#13 | Posted by SheepleSchism at 2019-08-15 12:05 AM | Reply | Funny: 1 | Newsworthy 1

Cool. That wasn't my POV.

#14 | Posted by JOE at 2019-08-15 12:39 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

#14 | POSTED BY JOE

LOL! Objection overruled. Sit down, counselor.

#15 | Posted by SheepleSchism at 2019-08-15 01:30 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

I'm left wondering if we should DNA test the entire King family.

#4 | POSTED BY TOR

It would come back showing no branches on his family tree.
Lots of sister/moms and brother/dads in that family.

#16 | Posted by aborted_monson at 2019-08-15 02:28 AM | Reply

""this is the state of Todays GOP..."

Absolutely true and Chief I sympathize with you for having to deal with that troll.

#17 | Posted by danni at 2019-08-15 04:03 AM | Reply

#15 Get a grip. King isn't the average "political opponent;" he openly embraces racism and is apparently a rape apologist. I don't say what i said about people who vote for any Republican other than King and Trump.

Back to the plonk list you go. See you next time i get bored.

#18 | Posted by JOE at 2019-08-15 04:25 AM | Reply

Hate the sin. Love the victim.

#19 | Posted by visiter at 2019-08-15 08:07 AM | Reply

"Anyone who votes for a guy like Steve King is a racist scum bag."

FTFY

#20 | Posted by danni at 2019-08-15 08:48 AM | Reply

"It's not the baby's fault for the sin of the father or of the mother," King said.

I actually agree with him. I think ANYONE who supports exceptions for rape and ------ is a bad person.

Either you believe that a fetus is a person, with rights, or you don't. I personally believe that a fetus is not a person since it is completely reliant upon the another specific person (the mother) to stay alive. Basically, I believe that the rights of the mother outweigh any rights the fetus has.

But, Republicans believe a fetus IS a person WITH rights. So far logically consistent (kinda crappy because you are decimating the rights of the mother, but Republicans are run by white males, what do they care about a woman's rights). BUT, they then want to make EXCEPTIONS for that designation of "personhood" BASED UPON the actions of the father (rape) or of both parents (------).

Lets take the case of rape. Why is this child not a "person" because of the actions of its father? If my father raped someone (today), should that woman have the power to have me executed (because I am his son and apparently it is OK with Republicans to execute children for the sins of the father)?

You can make the argument either way on "pro-choice" vs "pro-life". But I think exceptions for rape and ------ are absolutely evil.

#21 | Posted by gtbritishskull at 2019-08-15 09:42 AM | Reply

#13 | POSTED BY SHEEPLESCHISM

If the GOP was such a basket of deplorable you would be correct.

But the right is showing just how meaningless all their years of preaching their supposed morals is. They never meant a word of it and we see their true character now.

#22 | Posted by jpw at 2019-08-15 09:53 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

POSTED BY JPW AT 2019-08-15 09:53 AM | REPLY

THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#23 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2019-08-15 09:54 AM | Reply

I think he got raped...
right between the ears...

#24 | Posted by earthmuse at 2019-08-15 01:41 PM | Reply

#13 | POSTED BY SHEEPLESCHISM AT 2019-08-15 12:05 AM |

Are you saying we disagree with him because he's a republican and not because he's a racist misogynist -------?

Are you saying that only other republicans are allowed to criticize him?

You need to watch out with your identity politics that put you in the place of defending Steve King because he is a republican. Your defense of him is a tacit agreement with his views

#25 | Posted by hatter5183 at 2019-08-15 07:43 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

It's a good thing King doesn't have any female children (he has three sons). But I don't discount the possibility that he might have some female grandchildren that he can impregnate.

#26 | Posted by Twinpac at 2019-08-16 05:46 AM | Reply