Thursday, August 15, 2019

Americans have always argued about how our government should be run and what actions it should take. For the most part, we've settled our difference with ballots and not bullets " the Civil War being the worst exception, when irreconcilable differences over the immoral institution of slavery tore our nation in two and claimed the lives of an estimated 620,000 Americans.

Today it seems like we're fighting a small-scale civil war. Some angry people are claiming they have the right to harm and even kill others because of differences over political and public policy issues " or because they believe people belonging to a particular racial, religious, ethnic or other group are somehow evil or inferior and must be attacked.

This is a poisonous attitude that is dangerous and un-American...

Comments

You nasty ghouls created this game.

It's time to make you abide by your own rules and own this ----.

#1 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-08-15 08:44 AM | Reply | Funny: 2 | Newsworthy 3

What a lying shmuck You've become Jeff.

#2 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2019-08-15 08:46 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 4

I agree with Laura. Despicable thread.

#3 | Posted by danni at 2019-08-15 08:49 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Jeff, here's the money shot from your Fox News "article" ...

In 2012, for example, Obama deported nearly 410,000 people " a record. Last year President Trump deported just over 256,000 immigrants. In his eight years as president, Obama deported nearly 3 million.

So, who are the nasty ghouls who created all this?

#4 | Posted by PinchALoaf at 2019-08-15 08:54 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

Here's a better piece:

f you didn't know about Tuesday's shooting at the Immigration and Customs Enforcement office in San Antonio, Texas, don't feel bad. The story got almost no coverage. Even though it was the fourth attack on ICE offices in just the past four weeks, and these attacks are clearly politically motivated.

The San Antonio shooter knew what he was doing. He targeted two floors that housed ICE administrative offices. Another shooting occurred at a separate facility that housed an ICE contractor.

In other words, this was an attack specifically targeting ICE and those who work with ICE. The fact that the shooting took place at 3 a.m. is irrelevant, since there were people working in the offices at the time who were reportedly inches away from being hit.

On its own, this incident is troubling. But it comes in the wake of an attack on another ICE office in Tacoma, Washington, where 69-year-old Willem Van Spronsen went armed with a rifle and threw Molotov cocktails, hoping to hit a propane tank.

Sawn Fallah, head of the ICE Office of Professional Responsibility, said that had that July 14 attack been successful, it "could have resulted in the mass murder of staff and detainees housed at the facility."

A couple of days before that, protesters stormed an ICE detention facility in Aurora, Colorado, took down an American flag, which they burned, and replaced it with a Mexican flag. And protesters blocked entrances to ICE's national headquarters in D.C.

See the trend here? Protests are starting to turn violent.

But the mainstream media remains indifferent at best. They certainly aren't running around pointing fingers at Rep. Alexandria Ocasio Cortez and her ilk, who have been whipping up the anti-ICE frenzy by claiming that the agency is running "concentration camps."

issuesinsights.com

#5 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-08-15 08:59 AM | Reply

Excellent thread. You can tell by the reaction from the useless idiots.

#6 | Posted by nullifidian at 2019-08-15 08:59 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

Laura and Danni have quite the rejoinders.

At least Loaf sort of tried, although off-topic.

#7 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-08-15 09:00 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

From the link in #5:

I agree with this and have been saying it for quite a while. But, progressives like to dance on graves for political gain with specious arguments that conservatives are somehow to blame for bad people doing bad things. Well, if you are going to play that game then be prepared to have it shoved into your smug faces when the likes of Corkins and Hodgkinson do bad things. You made these insipid and stupid rules. Abide by them.

#8 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-08-15 09:04 AM | Reply | Funny: 1 | Newsworthy 1

"Last I heard from any random right-winger, Obama and the Democrats were for open borders and all the millions of illegals that can be stuffed into America, period."

"They're only coming to do the jobs Americans won't do."

George W. Bush

#9 | Posted by danni at 2019-08-15 09:13 AM | Reply

"But long before that young man drove to El Paso, Texas, on Aug. 3 and allegedly murdered at least 22 people at a Walmart crammed with back-to-school shoppers, it was clear that white nationalists have become the face of terrorism in America. Since 9/11, white supremacists and other far-right extremists have been responsible for almost three times as many attacks on U.S. soil as Islamic terrorists, the government reported."

time.com

#10 | Posted by danni at 2019-08-15 09:17 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

You nasty ghouls created this game.
It's time to make you abide by your own rules and own this ----.

POSTED BY JEFFJ AT 2019-08-15 08:44 AM | REPLY

AOC NEVER advocated for acts of violence against anyone. Trump has and quite often too. You disgusting partisan hackjob.

#11 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2019-08-15 09:25 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

Sorry, but all this leftwing terrorism comes right on the heels of hate rhetoric from Wokamala, Beto, Omar, et. al., comparing ICE to the Gestapo, Nazis, etc. Deal with it.

#12 | Posted by nullifidian at 2019-08-15 09:31 AM | Reply | Funny: 1 | Newsworthy 2

At least Loaf sort of tried, although off-topic.

#7 | POSTED BYJEFFJ

How can I be off topic when I'm quoting from YOUR link?

#13 | Posted by PinchALoaf at 2019-08-15 09:31 AM | Reply | Funny: 1 | Newsworthy 1

#11 | POSTED BY LAURAMOHR

This is in the context of the El Paso shooting being blamed on Trump and conservatives, you disgusting partisan hackjob.

According to disgusting people such as yourself, the El Paso shooter co-opted Trump's verbiage in his manifesto. Of course, his manifesto also had plenty of left-wing verbiage, but you conveniently ignore that. You also ignore all of the lefty calls for violence against conservatives, you disgusting partisan hackjob.

You probably still blame Sarah Palin for the Giffords shooting, because you are a hack.

#14 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-08-15 09:34 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

How can I be off topic when I'm quoting from YOUR link?

#13 | POSTED BY PINCHALOAF

Because I linked the wrong piece.

The link in #5 was what I was aiming for.

Yeah, I bungled it big time.

#15 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-08-15 09:36 AM | Reply

The link in #5 was what I was aiming for.

Yeah, I bungled it big time.

#15 | POSTED BYJEFFJ

Really?

I think it has more to do with you not wanting to admit the fact that Obama and Democrats did more to secure the borders than Trump ...

Along with you having to answer thorny questions like ... why did you hate Obama so much even though he deported a record number of illegal immigrants?

How now brown cow.

#16 | Posted by PinchALoaf at 2019-08-15 10:12 AM | Reply

I know you're as tired of my saying it as I am of having to say it. These statements by Trump, AOC, Harris, and others are examples of Stochiastic Terrorism. Especially when inflamed by the media attempting to push a narrative.

It's common knowledge that Trump called Nazis and white nationalists 'fine people' even though he specifically excluded them from the comment. That is driven by the media. It's common knowledge that the El Paso shooter's motivation for his actions was Trump's hate speech, even though he included left-wing talking points amongst the reasons for his activities and -specifically stated- that Trump wasn't one of them. That is driven by the media.

The left has driven the notion of Stochiastic Terrorism as an irresponsible act, now the right is following suit. Everyone needs to become woke to the results of their active stochiastic terrorist statements. Being a liberal is not a defense to engaging in rhetoric that will inevitably increase the likelihood of lone-wolf terroristic attacks.

(Skip this part if you're not interested in a bit of a tangent)
I wish I could snap my fingers and have a more educated, and less easily manipulated, citizenship. But that doesn't seem to be the way things are going forward. I really don't see what the solution to this problem is. I read a LOT of news articles. I read articles penned by left-wing and right-wing sources. I see the lies that both of them tell - the warping of words and intent. All the while driving a narrative that will pull the readers back because they are engaged, either through anger or fear. It doesn't take a nuclear engineer to see it (but it helps). Another hurdle is that people on the left refuse to see the bias of the left. People on the right refuse to see the bias of the right. How can one help open peoples eyes to what they don't want to see? I've posted actual quotes, actual research...evidence and people will continue to parrot the same false crap that I've debunked again and again.

For me the solution is this: Give the people in power as little power as I can over me. Be as self-sufficient as I can be. Don't expect the government to save me in times of hardship, but be grateful if they are. Help those that I can help. Teach my kids to think rationaly and question EVERYTHING. No one who seeks to have any sort of power or influence over society has an objective relationship with the truth.

#17 | Posted by avigdore at 2019-08-15 10:31 AM | Reply | Funny: 3 | Newsworthy 4

Absolutely. Read Emerson's "Self-Reliance" and practice it.

#18 | Posted by nullifidian at 2019-08-15 10:34 AM | Reply

How now brown cow.

#16 | POSTED BY PINCHALOAF

Statistical nonsense. Within the last few months of the Bush administration the definition of "deportation" was changed to include those who reached the border but were turned away.

Anyhow, like I said, I linked the wrong article and I feel shame.

How now brown cow.

#16 | POSTED BY PINCHALOAF

:-)

#19 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-08-15 10:36 AM | Reply

"comparing ICE to the Gestapo, Nazis, etc. Deal with it."

Removing parents on the first day of school and leaving little kids not even knowing what happened to wander around looking for Mom and Dad. I do call that Gestapo tactics and I really don't care what you think about it.

"--Give the people in power as little power as I can over me. Be as self-sufficient as I can be. "

Empty words that mean nothing, you collect SS, have Medicare, etc. Who do you think you're kidding?

#20 | Posted by danni at 2019-08-15 10:49 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 3

#20 | Posted by danni at 2019-08-15 10:49 AM

Actually none of that applies to me. I certainly pay into SS, but not with the expectation that it will be there for me. I may be pleasantly surprised.
Interesting story: My mother has MS. She's had it for decades. She's been eligible for SS Disability and government help with medical care for nearly as long. She refuses any part of it. She doesn't feel like she needs it, and doesn't want to be a burden on the rest of society. She's actually angry that she's going to be covered by Medicare when she hits 65 next year.
Don't project your feelings and ideas onto other people.

#21 | Posted by Avigdore at 2019-08-15 11:22 AM | Reply | Funny: 2

#20 | POSTED BY DANNI AT 2019-08-15 10:49 AM | FLAG:

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#22 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2019-08-15 01:00 PM | Reply

Excellent thread. You can tell by the reaction from the useless idiots.

#6 | Posted by nullifidian

Your braindead, bitter approval means it's whiny garbage.

See how fun that is?

#23 | Posted by jpw at 2019-08-15 01:02 PM | Reply

And here's my little ankle-biter with his typically worthless postage.

Woof! Woof!

#24 | Posted by nullifidian at 2019-08-15 01:06 PM | Reply

And here's my little ankle-biter with his typically worthless postage.

Woof! Woof!

#24 | Posted by nullifidian

Funny how you idiots try to play it off.

You're stupid and you know it. Just admit it and go with the flow.

#25 | Posted by jpw at 2019-08-15 01:11 PM | Reply

I linked the wrong article and I feel shame.

#19 | POSTED BYJEFFJ

Yes, we need more Slapshot references, both here on the mighty Drudge Retort and in America.

See, we CAN agree!

#26 | Posted by PinchALoaf at 2019-08-15 01:27 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

How can I be off topic when I'm quoting from YOUR link?

#13 | POSTED BY PINCHALOAF

It's off topic in Jeffry's (R)tarded little world because you used "facts".
Facts are "off topic" to these knuckle-dragging troglodytes.

#27 | Posted by aborted_monson at 2019-08-15 02:49 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

I admitted my mistake twice, Monson.

What more do you expect?

#28 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-08-15 02:55 PM | Reply

What more do you expect?

They say, good bbq is the way to a man's heart.

#29 | Posted by ClownShack at 2019-08-15 03:27 PM | Reply

Get ready for the Portland riots this weekend.

I'm sure CNN will live feed them and call antifa "peaceful protesters".

#30 | Posted by SheepleSchism at 2019-08-15 04:26 PM | Reply

I admitted my mistake twice, Monson.

What more do you expect?
#28 | POSTED BY comrade JEFFRY

My post was more of a "general statement" About you more than anything else.
You and your kind are facts adverse.

#31 | Posted by aborted_monson at 2019-08-15 07:26 PM | Reply

You and your kind are facts adverse.
#31 | Posted by aborted_monson at 2019-08-15 07:26 PM

'Your kind'...is that like the frontrunner for the Democratic Nomination for President?
He chooses truth over facts.
Or maybe it's closer to a freshman Democrat House representative. She's more concerned with being morally right than being precise, factually or semantically correct.

thefederalist.com

You, sir or ma'am, are engaged in projection. Stop projecting your propensity for an aversion to facts.

#32 | Posted by Avigdore at 2019-08-16 07:27 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

"Now, we are on record as stating that violent attacks are the responsibility only of those who carry them out.
#8 | POSTED BY JEFFJ"

^
So you were not being honest about your beliefs with the creation of this thread.
In fact, this thread exists just to Troll Libs.

I'm sure you'll understand if I'm not going to take your argument seriously, since you yourself don't.
And I'm sure that seems fair to you.

Have a nice day.