Saturday, August 17, 2019

Lamplighter: Droogie decided his new vanity plate should read "NULL." ... Droogie's hope was that the new plate would exploit California's DMV ticketing system in a similar manner to the classic xkcd "Bobby Tables" cartoon. With any luck, the DMV's ticket database would see "NULL" and consign any of his tickets to the void. Unfortunately, the exact opposite happened.

Comments

That's awesome. I love a happy ending.

#1 | Posted by SheepleSchism at 2019-08-16 03:06 PM | Reply

Bobby Tables

Lol, this was my first thought-reference when I read the first sentence.

#2 | Posted by GOnoles92 at 2019-08-16 03:08 PM | Reply

That's adorable.

#3 | Posted by rstybeach11 at 2019-08-16 03:18 PM | Reply

@#1 ... That's awesome. I love a happy ending. ...

I look at it as a shining example of the Doctrine of Unexpected Consequences.

#4 | Posted by LampLighter at 2019-08-16 03:18 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Add one more letter and change it to NULLI...

#5 | Posted by Pegasus at 2019-08-17 11:37 PM | Reply

Must have been a script kiddie... I mean really should have seen this coming if given any thought at all. lol

#6 | Posted by GalaxiePete at 2019-08-18 01:15 AM | Reply

#6 | POSTED BY GALAXIEPETE

It honestly could have gone either way. If he tries it in other localities, I give it a good chance it might work as he expected.

#7 | Posted by gtbritishskull at 2019-08-19 09:36 AM | Reply

The fact that it works in any way at all is a vulnerability.

#8 | Posted by boaz at 2019-08-19 10:28 AM | Reply

------

#9 | Posted by MUSTANG at 2019-08-19 10:29 AM | Reply

#9 Seriously?! Didn't you ever watch Seinfeld, RCADE? That post is on-topic comic GOLD!

#10 | Posted by MUSTANG at 2019-08-19 12:06 PM | Reply