Saturday, August 17, 2019

Bill Maher on Friday night went after the BDS movement. Maher drew applause in studio on his HBO show after declaring the boycott, divestment and sanctions (BDS) movement supported by some congressional Democrats "a bullshht purity test by people who want to appear woke but actually slept through history class."

"It's predicated on this notion, I think " it's very shallow thinking " that the Jews in Israel, mostly white, and the Palestinians are browner, so they must be innocent and correct, and the Jews must be wrong. As if the occupation came right out of the blue, that this completely peaceful people found themselves occupied," he said. Forget about the intifadas and the suicide bombings and the rockets and how many wars."

Maher also went after Reps. Tlaib and Omar, supporters of BDS, criticizing Tlaib for using her grandmother as a "political pawn" and Omar for her anti-semitic statements.

"I see why they don't get a hero's welcome," he added.

Alternate links: Google News | Twitter

Maher also quoted BDS founder Omar Barghouti, who said, "No Palestinian -- rational Palestinian, not a sellout Palestinian -- will ever accept a Jewish state in Palestine."

"So that's where that comes from, this movement. Someone who doesn't even want a Jewish state at all," Maher said. "Somehow this side never gets represented in the American media. It's very odd."

Comments

We now officially hate Bill Maher for daring to speak the truth!

-"Woke" Progressive Puritopians

#1 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2019-08-17 07:05 PM | Reply

who cares

#2 | Posted by PinchALoaf at 2019-08-17 07:08 PM | Reply

Bill Maher can kiss my fat heifer hiney.

#3 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2019-08-17 07:11 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

--who cares...

...unless Maher is bashing Trump and hoping for a recession, in which case, he's the best!

#4 | Posted by nullifidian at 2019-08-17 07:18 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Well, I like Maher ...

But I certainly could care less about what Bill Maher said about Israel, Tlaib, Omar, Lawrence of Arabia, BDS, BFD, The Corsican Brothers, Ahab The Arab, Buddy Hackett, Shecky Greene, everyone of Jewish Heritage ...

Have I offended everyone yet?

Israel and Palestine have to put their differences aside, which ordinary Jews and Muslims can easily do if given even a half a chance.

So who benefits keeping Jews and Muslims fighting each other? Certainly not me.

#5 | Posted by PinchALoaf at 2019-08-17 07:24 PM | Reply

Bill Maher can kiss my fat heifer hiney.

#3 | Posted by LauraMohr

I truly hope you never have to find out how much Muslims love LGBT....

#6 | Posted by boaz at 2019-08-17 07:26 PM | Reply

#4 | POSTED BY NULLIFIDIAN

As Lynyrd Skynyrd once said, 'You Got That Right' www.youtube.com

See post # 5

Hey ... me as a working American to you, how about those Trump Tax Cuts?

#7 | Posted by PinchALoaf at 2019-08-17 07:28 PM | Reply

I truly hope you never have to find out how much Muslims love LGBT....

#6 | POSTED BY BOAZ

The job of Ivanhoe is taken.

#8 | Posted by PinchALoaf at 2019-08-17 07:42 PM | Reply

--Hey ... me as a working American to you, how about those Trump Tax Cuts?

Make a thread about it, if that's what you want to talk about.

#9 | Posted by nullifidian at 2019-08-17 07:44 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

I truly hope you never have to find out how much Muslims love LGBT....

Posted by boaz at 2019-08-17 07:26 PM | Reply

About like extreme right winged conservative Christians ehhhhhhh??

#10 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2019-08-17 07:49 PM | Reply

Make a thread about it, if that's what you want to talk about.

#9 | POSTED BY NULLIFIDIAN

I have, zillions of times.

Also, me saying what I'm saying in this thread speaks volumes about what is important and what isn't important.

What say you?

#11 | Posted by PinchALoaf at 2019-08-17 07:51 PM | Reply

About like extreme right winged conservative Christians ehhhhhhh??

#10 | Posted by LauraMohr

We are going to be the ones protecting you from them you dumbass.

It's really easy to have your opinion from your protected place Laura.

#12 | Posted by boaz at 2019-08-17 07:56 PM | Reply

We are going to be the ones protecting you from them you dumbass.

It's really easy to have your opinion from your protected place Laura.

Posted by boaz at 2019-08-17 07:56 PM | Reply

You're full of schit too. Hell even you threatened war against us during that Kim Davis thing.

#13 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2019-08-17 08:03 PM | Reply

We are going to be the ones protecting you from them you dumbass.

It's really easy to have your opinion from your protected place Laura.

#12 | POSTED BY BOAZ

The mission statement of America is the Declaration of Independence ...

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

In America, everyone regardless of who they are can be, and say, anything they want -- and as Americans we ARE SUPPOSED to accept fellow Americans as they are.

Simple

So, Boaz, what's the problem with Laura?

#14 | Posted by PinchALoaf at 2019-08-17 08:05 PM | Reply

So, Boaz, what's the problem with Laura?

He resents his retired ass having to defend her from Muslims.

#15 | Posted by REDIAL at 2019-08-17 08:08 PM | Reply

All white panel discussing the middle east? Palestine = bad. Israel = good.

Pls get some melanin on the show when discussing controversial issues. If I wanted agreeement on bad policy I'd watch faux news.

#16 | Posted by fresno500 at 2019-08-17 08:38 PM | Reply

BDS is more justified than the Cuba embargo or Venezuela sanctions.

Palestinian apartheid is no better than South African.

BDS is free speech, if you don't like it move to Israel where it is illegal.

#17 | Posted by bored at 2019-08-17 09:18 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

^

Looks like Bored slept through the "History outside of Canada" class.

#18 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2019-08-17 09:33 PM | Reply

> Jews in Israel, mostly white, and the Palestinians are browner,
"No, Ashkenazi Jews Are Not Functionally White'"
forward.com
"Ashkenazi Jews are not white " Response to Haaretz article"
blogs.timesofisrael.com
"No Such Thing As A "White European" Ashkenazi Jew"
blogs.timesofisrael.com

Schroedinger's huWhitey -- a huWhite male when they get caught skeezing on young girls, but proud tribe members when they do well (or are rewarded by their fellow nepotists)!

#19 | Posted by berserkone at 2019-08-18 12:27 AM | Reply

#20 | Posted by SheepleSchism at 2019-08-18 12:36 AM | Reply

IOW, Bill Maher is the Dennis Miller of the left!

#21 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2019-08-18 12:38 AM | Reply

"I truly hope you never have to find out how much Muslims love LGBT...."

You are a disgusting piece of crap using sexuality as a weapon Boaz. I've further lessened by respect for you, there isn't much farther that it can fall. People like Laura joined Civil Rights marches to demand your equality and you thank them like that? Pathetic. And, just so you know, I witnessed it, I was there in Mississippi -------. I was just a young teenager but the battle was real, the hate was probably the most important thing that I ever experienced in my life. You need to apologize to Laura.

#22 | Posted by danni at 2019-08-18 08:56 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"Bill Maher is the beloved voice of the left. He and Colbert are the high priests of Democrat theology."

Do not conflate Bill Maher with Steven Colbert. Bill seems to side with the view that Israel can treat Palestinians like animals, to my knowledge, Colbert has not joined in that idiotic thought process.
I honestly do think Colbert is intellectually far superior to Maher.

#23 | Posted by danni at 2019-08-18 08:59 AM | Reply

Should we "BDS" China because of their occupation of Tibet? That was - and remains - far more insidious than anything Israel has done in Palestine.

#24 | Posted by Karabekian at 2019-08-18 10:40 AM | Reply

You are a disgusting piece of crap using sexuality as a weapon Boaz.

You are mad at me because Muslims hate gays and I'm unafraid to say it. Laura is defending a religion that wont let her be what she is in their home countries.

Is that why you or Laura dont visit the middle east?

#25 | Posted by boaz at 2019-08-18 10:49 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

Don't these two haters support LGBT?

"It would be interesting to see a reporter ask Tlaib or Omar about this news story: "PA Bans LGBTQ Activities In West Bank."

The Palestinian Authority has banned members of the Palestinian Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT) community from carrying out any activities in the West Bank."

www.powerlineblog.com

#26 | Posted by nullifidian at 2019-08-18 01:38 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#26 The PA are rednecks.

#27 | Posted by bored at 2019-08-18 03:42 PM | Reply

#18 So no rebuttal with facts? Not shocked.

#28 | Posted by bored at 2019-08-18 03:43 PM | Reply

#24 What China did to Tibet, and what they are going to do to Hong Kong and Taiwan is/will be worse than what Israel did to the Palestinians.

Do you think it should be illegal to BDS China?

BDS all the authoritarian regimes if you want, that is what freedom means.

#29 | Posted by bored at 2019-08-18 03:46 PM | Reply

Bill Maher pretty much said all that needed to be said: People who support BDS have no clue as to the history of Palestine, the creation of Israel, the efforts by all their neighbors to drive them into the sea, the Infitada and all the bombings that happen every year.

They just think "Jews in Israel, mostly white, and the Palestinians are browner, so they must be innocent and correct, and the Jews must be wrong."

#30 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2019-08-18 04:01 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#29 I would like to see BDS applied (or not) in a consistent manner. When Roger Waters and Ken Loach try to bully other artists into Israeli BDS, but perform shows and screen films in China, it reeks of hypocrisy, but of course it's easy to have "principles" when the country being boycotted has a population of 16 million; those principles suddenly seem to crumble when the country in question has a potential market of 1.3 billion people (and isn't a Jewish State). I wouldn't boycott either of them.

#31 | Posted by Karabekian at 2019-08-18 04:04 PM | Reply

"People who support BDS have no clue as to the history of Palestine, the creation of Israel, the efforts by all their neighbors to drive them into the sea, the Infitada and all the bombings that happen every year."

--------.

#32 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-08-18 04:36 PM | Reply

The thing I like about Maher is that he freely speaks his mind without any worry as to who he offends. He had Ben Shapiro on his show a while back and said this is where he envies conservatives. He said conservatives have courage to go onto platforms, like his, where they know they will be challenged. He then accused liberals of being cowards.

I don't agree with that kind of broad-brushing but i thought it was an interesting take.

#33 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-08-18 04:40 PM | Reply

"The thing I like about Maher is that he freely speaks his mind without any worry as to who he offends"

That's also why he lost his job on ABC.
Never Forget.

#34 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-08-18 04:42 PM | Reply

"He said conservatives have courage to go onto platforms, like his, where they know they will be challenged."

Flat Earthers have the same courage.
People who say respecting transgender rights will lead to men in women's bathrooms have the same courage.

It's hardly a compliment.

#35 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-08-18 04:43 PM | Reply

--He had Ben Shapiro on his show a while back and said this is where he envies conservatives. He said conservatives have courage to go onto platforms, like his

Unlike AOCrazy who refuses to debate Shapiro for donations to her choice of charities.

#36 | Posted by nullifidian at 2019-08-18 04:47 PM | Reply

#36. AOC called Shapiro's debate invitation "cat-calling."

#37 | Posted by Karabekian at 2019-08-18 04:52 PM | Reply

#38 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-08-18 04:54 PM | Reply

#38. If anything, I'd like to see AOC do a solid two hours with Joe Rogan. His interview with Gabbard was really, really good. He's about as fair as it gets.

#39 | Posted by Karabekian at 2019-08-18 05:00 PM | Reply

He debates liberals all of the time. I'm pretty sure he'd relish the opportunity to destroy someone as vapid and shallow thinking as AOC.

#40 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-08-18 05:00 PM | Reply

Go to YouTube and search, "Joe Rogan wolverine"

#41 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-08-18 05:02 PM | Reply

"He debates liberals all of the time."

LOL

#42 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-08-18 05:03 PM | Reply

She was also offered a generous charitable donation to debate Candace Owens. I guess a conservative black woman would have been unfair since she couldn't play either the misogynist or race card

#43 | Posted by nullifidian at 2019-08-18 05:05 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 4

#40. That's the problem with "debates." They come off as excessively hammer-&-tong too often. I'd much rather listen to an interesting, enlightening conversation.

#44 | Posted by Karabekian at 2019-08-18 05:06 PM | Reply

#42. Laugh all you want. What I said is true.

#45 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-08-18 05:07 PM | Reply

Ben Shaprio, being a windbag, is absolutely not capable of interesting, enlightening conversation.

#46 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-08-18 05:07 PM | Reply

#43 good call, Nulli.

#47 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-08-18 05:07 PM | Reply

It's sad, what you've become, JeffJ.

#48 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-08-18 05:08 PM | Reply

You say that about anyone who doesn't share your political views.

#49 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-08-18 05:09 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

#46. I would prefer to see her on Joe Rogan's show.

#50 | Posted by Karabekian at 2019-08-18 05:09 PM | Reply

--I'd much rather listen to an interesting, enlightening conversation.

David Rubin would be another good choice, but she's probably afraid to debate anyone to the right of Maxine Waters.

#51 | Posted by nullifidian at 2019-08-18 05:10 PM | Reply

You say that about anyone who doesn't share your political views.
#49 | POSTED BY JEFFJ

--------. Plenty of people who don't share my political views can engage in a meaningful discussion.
You used to be one of them, but then you changed.

#52 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-08-18 05:11 PM | Reply

#50 I'd be fine with that. His format seems more like interview than debate.

I do agree that an interview format would be better for her than a debate format.

#53 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-08-18 05:12 PM | Reply

#52 I call -------- on your claim of --------.

Can you even name two conservatives you actually hold that view of?

I'll gladly retract with an apology if you can.

#54 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-08-18 05:14 PM | Reply

#41. JOE ROGAN 2020!

#55 | Posted by Karabekian at 2019-08-18 05:14 PM | Reply

#55. Did you watch it?

His characterizations of the Wolverine are hilarious.

It's one of the only mammals that match the absurdity of the honey badger.

The shrew is worse than both of them.

#56 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-08-18 05:18 PM | Reply

56. Yeah, I just watched again. Joe Rogan is totally rock & roll!

#57 | Posted by Karabekian at 2019-08-18 05:21 PM | Reply

"Can you even name two conservatives you actually hold that view of?"

Barry Farber.
George Will.
Robert Mueller.

Pretty much anyone who believes in science, which doesn't leave a lot of conservatives, sadly.

#58 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-08-18 05:25 PM | Reply

I really chuckled when he called them ruthless.

If you are curious as to his source of information Google M3 the Wolverine badass of the week. Good stuff.

#59 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-08-18 05:26 PM | Reply

56 Can you imagine how fun a Rogan/AOC interview would be if they talked about wolverines, DMT, and grappling for a solid two hours? Man, would AOC be perplexed or what?

#60 | Posted by Karabekian at 2019-08-18 05:27 PM | Reply

#30 Illegal immigration and terrorism is justified for some but not others I guess.
en.wikipedia.org

None of the past wrongs excuse Palestinian and Israeli terrorism now.

Americans should be free to protest the state sponsored mistreatment of Palestinians, Uighurs, or any other group.

#61 | Posted by bored at 2019-08-18 05:40 PM | Reply

"Can you imagine how fun a Rogan/AOC interview would be if they talked about wolverines, DMT, and grappling for a solid two hours?"

Was that how his Ben Shapiro interviews have gone down? Not really talking politics?

#62 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-08-18 05:40 PM | Reply

#62 I can only remember seeing Shapiro on Rogan's show once. They talked plenty of politics. I can't recall how deep they got into the esoterica that is Joe's wheelhouse. His Gabbard interview was heavy on the politics, as it should have been, and will be if AOC ever appears. But the long-form nature of his format leads organically into other areas of interest. I would LOVE to hear AOC talk about psychedelics, weird creatures, and combat sports with Joe. I don't know what she thinks about any of those subjects.

#63 | Posted by Karabekian at 2019-08-18 05:56 PM | Reply

#58. I am not sure I'd call Mueller a conservative but I asked for two names and you gave me three, two of which fit the mold. So I retract and apologize.

#64 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-08-18 06:19 PM | Reply

I mentioned Tlaib's and Omar's anti-semitic posts on another thread a few days ago and the lefties lit into me. Why aren't they lighting into Bill Maher now?

#65 | Posted by goatman at 2019-08-18 06:24 PM | Reply

" ...how about those Trump Tax Cuts?

#7 | POSTED BY PINCHALOAF

That's not what this thread is about, but you do win the prize for the lamest deflection of all time!

#66 | Posted by goatman at 2019-08-18 06:26 PM | Reply

"Ben Shapiro has no intentions of debating anything. AOC is wise to not give him free publicity.

#38 | POSTED BY SNOOFY"

She was wise. When Ben was through with her, the studio would have looked like a slaughterhouse floor. AOC is in way over her head.

#67 | Posted by goatman at 2019-08-18 06:34 PM | Reply

Is that why you or Laura dont visit the middle east?

#25 | Posted by boaz at 2019-08-18 10:49 AM | Reply | F

Can't afford it. It's a monitery issue not a fear issue.

#68 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2019-08-18 06:36 PM | Reply

"I am not sure I'd call Mueller a conservative"

Check it out, JeffJ
This is you, doing this:
You say that about anyone who doesn't share your political views.
#49 | POSTED BY JEFFJ

#69 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-08-18 06:47 PM | Reply

#69. Is there a point to that?

#70 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-08-18 06:52 PM | Reply

The point is, what you accuse me of, is what you are.

#71 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-08-18 06:55 PM | Reply

"The point is, what you accuse me of, is what you are.

#71 | POSTED BY SNOOFY"

Jeff is absolutely nothing like you senor spin.

#72 | Posted by goatman at 2019-08-18 06:57 PM | Reply

I do?

All I said is that I'm not sure I'd classify Mueller as a conservative.

That's not a dismissal of him as a political thinker.

#73 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-08-18 07:00 PM | Reply

"Jeff is absolutely nothing like you"

I didn't say he was, Goatman.

#74 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-08-18 07:00 PM | Reply

""Jeff is absolutely nothing like you"
I didn't say he was, Goatman.

#74 | POSTED BY SNOOFY "

PGUP is your friend

"The point is, what you accuse me of, is what you are.

#71 | POSTED BY SNOOFY "

#75 | Posted by goatman at 2019-08-18 07:48 PM | Reply

Why aren't they lighting into Bill Maher now?

He's not here. Get him here and we'll have some fun.

I only care about him as entertainment.
More often than not he doesn't "inform" my view.
Especially about Israel.

Right after Trump announced his support for Jerusalem being the capital, Maher was out there "rah-rah, go Israel!" and knocking down anyone that disagreed. Apologetic that he actually supported Trump's position. Meh.

Sounds like this is a rehash of his points back then.

I don't get this constant finding someone that someone on the Right thinks speaks for people on the Left, and this silly game of "well they say!" This thinking the Left is like the Right with respect to patriarchy, hierarchy, loyalty, uniformity - is, for me, repulsive.

#76 | Posted by YAV at 2019-08-18 08:03 PM | Reply

"Why aren't they lighting into Bill Maher now?"

He's not here. Get him here and we'll have some fun.

POSTED BY YAV "

Trump's not here, either. Remind your liberal friends.

Lame Yav.

#77 | Posted by goatman at 2019-08-18 08:17 PM | Reply

Equating Maher with the President of the U.S.? Maher, an entertainer of sorts that I already said what value he is to me, versus the person that's wreaked havoc throughout the world, has his finger on the nuclear trigger, violates the Constitution daily, is a scourge and a disgusting POS infesting the WH?

You want me to remind my "liberal" friends that the President isn't on this website? I think they all know that. Duh.

That was one sorry attempt at a rejoinder.

#78 | Posted by YAV at 2019-08-18 09:43 PM | Reply

"Equating Maher with the President of the U.S.? Maher, an entertainer of sorts that I already said what value he is to me, "

I don't equate them. I'm saying it's silly -- even self-serving -- to say that Maher is beyond reproach simply bevause he isn't here. To suggest otherwise is lame.

So OK you wigged out over using Trump as a comparison. I guess Rush, Savage, Beck, Levant, Coulter et al can't be criticized for the same reason you feel we can't discuss Maher.

Lame

#79 | Posted by goatman at 2019-08-18 09:52 PM | Reply

#39 | POSTED BY KARABEKIAN

I'm watching that interview on Youtube right now. Gabbard comes across really well here. She reminds me of a female Democrat version of Dan Crenshaw. In this format she talks slowly, deliberately and is in command of the issues. She's smart and has done her homework. I could easily vote for her. I don't think she has a chance this year but she's young and bright and has a promising future in politics.

#80 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-08-18 09:59 PM | Reply

80. Agreed.

#81 | Posted by Karabekian at 2019-08-18 10:02 PM | Reply

#81 | POSTED BY KARABEKIAN

Thanks for the shout-out to this video.

#82 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-08-18 10:25 PM | Reply

#81 This video makes me hate our debate format even more. Who in the hell wants to listen to canned focus-group soundbites? Yet, this is all we get.

#83 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-08-18 10:29 PM | Reply

BDS is free speech, if you don't like it move to Israel where it is illegal. - #17 | Posted by bored at 2019-08-17 09:18 PM |

"Obama signs anti-BDS bill into law"
www.timesofisrael.com

"President Barack Obama reiterated his strong opposition to the BDS movement as he signed the "Trade Facilitation and Trade Enforcement Act of 2015"
jewishinsider.com

Sometimes it is just too easy.

#84 | Posted by Avigdore at 2019-08-19 10:06 AM | Reply

Is that why you or Laura dont visit the middle east?

#25 | Posted by boaz at 2019-08-18 10:49 AM | Reply | F

Can't afford it. It's a monitery issue not a fear issue.

#68 | Posted by LauraMohr

More like a stupid issue.

A Gay, Transgendered male from the U.S. "visiting" the middle east is like a free black man "visiting" Georgia or Mississippi in 1840.

It must be true about Darwin.

#85 | Posted by boaz at 2019-08-19 10:39 AM | Reply

More like a stupid issue.
It must be true about Darwin.

POSTED BY BOAZ AT 2019-08-19 10:39 AM | REPLY

Just because some have an aversion to me doesn't mean I have to have one against them. Sometimes one has to risk their lives to change hearts and minds of others.

#86 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2019-08-19 03:32 PM | Reply

BTW I'm not male and there is no such word as Transgendered. Want to try again Boaz??

#87 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2019-08-19 03:48 PM | Reply

Is that why you or Laura dont visit the middle east?

#25 | Posted by boaz at 2019-08-18 10:49 AM | Reply |

Why do you conflate sexuality with Transgender issues??

#88 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2019-08-19 05:45 PM | Reply