Sunday, August 18, 2019

Antonio Basco, overwhelmed by loneliness and grief after his wife, Margie Reckard, was slain in a mass shooting on Aug. 3, invited the El Paso community to attend her prayer service Friday night. The response shocked Basco, but probably not most El Pasoans.

Alternate links: Google News | Twitter

Trump is wrong about El Paso. I've walked the streets and delivered to the poorest places since the 70's. I've never had a problem. I've never worried. I'm not saying the place is perfect ,but this story I think is more representative of the El Paso I know. Like I said years ago "family values" were here long before it ever became a political catchphrase.

Comments

When my #1 Sunset Limited stopped at El Paso I looked next door at all of the city buses with dents, scratches and sun faded paint and thought that there must be a lot of action here.

#1 | Posted by LesWit at 2019-08-18 06:11 PM | Reply

Relax. The guy was a special-ed student who could not possibly have written that manifesto, posted after he was dead. A day later his his MyLife account was radically altered with new posts.

Pretty good for a corpse.

#2 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2019-08-18 07:22 PM | Reply

Pretty good for a corpse.

It was a miracle. Then he was resurrected, arrested and charged with capital murder.

Idiot.

#3 | Posted by et_al at 2019-08-18 07:57 PM | Reply

Trump is very much like Loki.

www.youtube.com

#4 | Posted by Tor at 2019-08-18 10:18 PM | Reply

Pretty good for a corpse.

#2 | POSTED BY HELIUMRAT

He didn't have a MyLife account. It was created by others after he died.

The manifesto seems to be genuinely his.

Stop pretending this wasn't an Alt-Right idiot with a gun who repeated Trump's language to justify his targeting of Hispanics.

#5 | Posted by Sycophant at 2019-08-19 05:24 PM | Reply

Cool stuff.

Now do Dayton.

#6 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-08-19 05:26 PM | Reply

...Or the attacks on ICE facilities, or Hodgkinson or Corkins....

#7 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-08-19 05:39 PM | Reply