Sunday, August 18, 2019

White House trade adviser Peter Navarro said on CNN's "State of the Union" Sunday that tariffs on Chinese goods are not hurting consumers in the United States, despite reports to the contrary from researchers at Harvard, the University of Chicago, the International Monetary Fund, the Federal Reserve of Boston and more....

Why it matters: The Trump administration announced last week that the impending 10% tariffs on $300 billion worth of Chinese imports would be delayed from Sept. 1 to Dec. 15 for certain products. Trump and other aides explained that the delay is intended to help consumers who might be affected by tariffs during the holiday season " suggesting that the administration does, in fact, agree with experts that the trade war is harming Americans.

Comments

Iraschitberg was pushing this line of garbage a few weeks ago.

#1 | Posted by jpw at 2019-08-18 11:54 AM | Reply

Trump is exposing the hard truth about Chinese manufacturing and US consumerism.

"China has been manipulating the global markets through their cheap currency policy for the better part of the past 25 years. In pinning down their currency, they cornered the world's export market. And in the process, they emerged as the second largest economy in the world. They also accumulated the world's largest reserve of foreign currencies, which they plowed into global credit markets (mainly our Treasurys) to fuel cheap credit, which ultimately led to the global credit bubble and bust (the global financial crisis). We buy their cheap stuff. They take our dollars and buy Treasurys, supplying more credit to us to buy more of their cheap stuff. And so the cycle goes."

www.forbes.com

Written over a year ago, the article is still true today. Short term pain for long term gain.

#2 | Posted by SheepleSchism at 2019-08-18 11:55 AM | Reply

--Short term pain for long term gain.

That's right. We need a declaration of independence from the Chinese Communists, but our little appeasers want cheap stuff. They would've have sided with King George in 1776 because the revolution required some sacrifice.

#3 | Posted by nullifidian at 2019-08-18 12:03 PM | Reply

@#2 ... buy Treasurys ...

fwiw, Japan recently surpassed China as the largest holder of US Treasurys.

Japan surpasses China as largest foreign holder of US Treasurys
www.cnbc.com

#4 | Posted by LampLighter at 2019-08-18 12:47 PM | Reply

@#3 ... We need a declaration of independence from the Chinese Communists ...

I'd agree that we need to do at least two things with respect to China...

1) stop the IP theft.

2) bring manufacturing back to the United States.

Unfortunately, most of the manufacturing moving out of China lately is not coming back to the US, it is going to other low-wage countries.

Also, as we remove the illegal immigrants from our workforce here and hire those who can work legally (e.g., American citizens), the wages here will rise (as we've seen already as a result of those recent Mississippi raids), making it even less enticing for manufacturers to bring their manufacturing plants back to the US.

Bumper sticker solutions don't address the problems we have, indeed, they may make the problems worse.

#5 | Posted by LampLighter at 2019-08-18 12:52 PM | Reply

"I'd agree that we need to do at least two things with respect to China...
1) stop the IP theft."

China only steals IP that we entrust them to manufacture.

IP theft is just another aspect of offshoring manufacturing.

#6 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-08-18 01:30 PM | Reply

@#6 ... China only steals IP that we entrust them to manufacture. ...

China has been shown to break into US corporate networks, and steal IP to get a jump start on development of more advanced technologies in their country.

#7 | Posted by LampLighter at 2019-08-18 01:38 PM | Reply

#7 Knowing they do that, why would a CEO trust them with their IP?

Notice I said their IP. Because it's not our IP.

You're parroting the nationalist trade war rhetoric by claiming it's our IP.

#8 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-08-18 01:43 PM | Reply

So farmers should stfu!

#9 | Posted by fresno500 at 2019-08-18 02:02 PM | Reply

"the wages here will rise (as we've seen already as a result of those recent Mississippi raids)"

I have not seen this.
Link please.

#10 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-08-18 02:02 PM | Reply

"but our little appeasers want cheap stuff. They would've have sided with King George in 1776 because the revolution required some sacrifice."

Meanwhile, back in reality, the Founding Fathers dressed up like Indians and threw King George's tea into the harbor specifically because it wasn't cheap enough.

#11 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-08-18 02:11 PM | Reply

#3 Jesus you're an idiot.

#12 | Posted by jpw at 2019-08-18 02:16 PM | Reply

--Jesus you're an idiot.

#12 | Posted by jpw

High Quality Content (tm).

#13 | Posted by nullifidian at 2019-08-18 02:18 PM | Reply

#11 | POSTED BY SNOOFY - Roots for cheap Chinese manufacturing and illegal immigrant workers.

Schoolchildren in China work overnight to produce Amazon Alexa devices - www.theguardian.com

^^ "Hooray!" - Snoofy

#14 | Posted by SheepleSchism at 2019-08-18 02:37 PM | Reply

Trump in Tweet Says U.S. Doing Well With China, and Is Talking
ca.finance.yahoo.com

...President Donald Trump said the U.S. is "doing very well with China, and talking!" in a Twitter message sent hours after his top economic adviser laid out a potential timeline for the resumption of substantive trade talks with Beijing.

Trump, who's expected to return to Washington later on Sunday from his golf club in Bedminster, New Jersey, hasn't commented further....

#15 | Posted by LampLighter at 2019-08-18 03:09 PM | Reply

@#8 ... Notice I said their IP. ...

I'd like to notice that, but I don't see where you said it.

#16 | Posted by LampLighter at 2019-08-18 03:12 PM | Reply

High Quality Content (tm).

#13 | POSTED BY NULLIFIDIAN

Still hasn't learned low quality posts get low quality response.

#17 | Posted by jpw at 2019-08-18 08:07 PM | Reply

"Still hasn't learned low quality posts get low quality response.

#17 | POSTED BY JPW "

Still hasn't learned that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. If you feel Nulli's posts are low quality, why not show him what a true high quality post is rather than emulating him?

What a lame excuse for being a poor poster "I want to be just like HIM!" LOL

#18 | Posted by goatman at 2019-08-18 08:11 PM | Reply

whats lame is your attempt to flip it.

BTW stick to addressing what people say, not what you think it says.

#19 | Posted by jpw at 2019-08-18 09:00 PM | Reply

#19 "It isn't imitation, it's putting as much time into the response as he does into his post."

LOL In other words, it isn't imitation, you're just doing what he is doing.

You funny.

#20 | Posted by goatman at 2019-08-18 09:07 PM | Reply

--you're just doing what he is doing.

Except he's not. I made the point, which I've made many times, that we need to end our dependence on China. He had no response to that other than screaming "idiot."

#21 | Posted by nullifidian at 2019-08-18 09:19 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 3

There's nothing idiotic about ending our dependence on China, or anyone else for that matter. We have the ability to be entirely self reliant, export surplus, and buy specialty and luxury items abroad. It makes no sense that we can't buy a phone or computer unless we import it. We import almost all shoes and clothing. Our fruit and vegetable imports are growing.

That's a crisis waiting to happen.

#22 | Posted by SheepleSchism at 2019-08-18 09:35 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

#21, 22 -- exactly, just as we are becoming more and more energy independent. Remember the days when if a Sheik sneezed, the price of oil went up? But now we have Iran taking ships in the Straits of Hormuz and the price of oil is not affected at all.

Think how much better the country would be if we were not dependent on Chinese substandard crap.

#23 | Posted by goatman at 2019-08-18 09:39 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#20 you're playing your usual idiot word games.

I'm putting in as much time and effort as is necessary.

If he wants more then that then he should put more in.

#24 | Posted by jpw at 2019-08-18 09:40 PM | Reply

"#20 you're playing your usual idiot word games."

LOL.

You said, ""It isn't imitation, it's putting as much time into the response as he does into his post.""

If you are doing what he's doing, how is that not imitation? Moot point because Nulli put the facts in the light.

Own your words.

#25 | Posted by goatman at 2019-08-18 09:43 PM | Reply

--Remember the days when if a Sheik sneezed,

Remember sitting in gas lines when we were dependent on OPEC? I do.

#26 | Posted by nullifidian at 2019-08-18 09:48 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#26 I remember that.

#27 | Posted by SheepleSchism at 2019-08-18 09:54 PM | Reply

I'm not owning your words put in my mouth.

GFY if that's the schitt game you're going to play.

#28 | Posted by jpw at 2019-08-18 09:57 PM | Reply

" I made the point, which I've made many times, that we need to end our dependence on China. "

Why do you vote for people who do the exact opposite of what you want?

#29 | Posted by Danforth at 2019-08-18 09:57 PM | Reply

"Well, the folks you vote for believe we need to increase our dependence on China: they just cut tax revenue $2.3 Trillion, so they'll have to increase borrowing, including from China."

Um, higher tariffs decrease trade with China.

#30 | Posted by goatman at 2019-08-18 09:59 PM | Reply

"Um, higher tariffs decrease trade with China."

Um, increased debt increases reliance on China.

Try Actual Math instead of Republican Math.

#31 | Posted by Danforth at 2019-08-18 10:02 PM | Reply

lol. Here's TaxForth, who will turn any thread into a discussion of taxes. If your only tool is a hammer, everything looks like nail. If you're a tax preparer...

#32 | Posted by nullifidian at 2019-08-18 10:03 PM | Reply

"I'm not owning your words put in my mouth.
"
#28 | POSTED BY JPW "

I quoted you verbatim. PGUP is your friend if you need proof of that.

I am not responding to ore of your pathological denial. You are not well.

#33 | Posted by goatman at 2019-08-18 10:03 PM | Reply

"Here's TaxForth, who will turn any thread into a discussion of taxes"

Here's Nulli, who never met an equation he understood.

BTW...I haven't said a word about taxes. You have a clear case of DDS.

#34 | Posted by Danforth at 2019-08-18 10:04 PM | Reply

"Um, increased debt increases reliance on China.

#31 | POSTED BY DANFORTH '

moving goalpowts isn't nice. LOL

#35 | Posted by goatman at 2019-08-18 10:04 PM | Reply

"I haven't said a word about taxes."

My apologies; I certainly did. But the point was this: if you want to decrease dependence on China, increasing borrowing IS NOT the way to do it.

Again, my apologies for my mistake.

#36 | Posted by Danforth at 2019-08-18 10:06 PM | Reply

"moving goalpowts isn't nice"

I didn't move a thing. The salient word was "dependence".

PageUp if needed.

#37 | Posted by Danforth at 2019-08-18 10:07 PM | Reply

"If your only tool is a hammer, everything looks like nail. "

You didn't answer my question.

Why do you vote for the people who do the exact opposite of what you want?

#38 | Posted by Danforth at 2019-08-18 10:08 PM | Reply

Here's Nulli, who never met an equation he understood.
BTW...I haven't said a word about taxes. You have a clear case of DDS.

POSTED BY DANFORTH AT 2019-08-18 10:04 PM | REPLY

Nullifidian would have to steal one from someone's intellectual property first.

#39 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2019-08-18 10:08 PM | Reply

You have a clear case of DDS.

#34 | POSTED BY DANFORTH

You get a FF for that one.

:-)

#40 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-08-18 10:09 PM | Reply

"Why do you vote for the people who do the exact opposite of what you want?

#38 | POSTED BY DANFORTH "

The person I voted for for president did not win, so I don't understand how he is sdoing the opposite of what I want. As a private citizen he has no power.

#41 | Posted by goatman at 2019-08-18 10:09 PM | Reply

"You have a clear case of DDS."

Dentist?

#42 | Posted by goatman at 2019-08-18 10:10 PM | Reply

""Why do you vote for the people who do the exact opposite of what you want?

#38 | POSTED BY DANFORTH ""

So the person you voted for is doing exactly what you want? No? Why did you vote for him/her?

#43 | Posted by goatman at 2019-08-18 10:12 PM | Reply

Why do you vote for the people who do the exact opposite of what you want?

#38 | POSTED BY DANFORTH

Do you honestly not understand the concept of voting for the lesser of 2 evils?

#44 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-08-18 10:13 PM | Reply

I am not responding to ore of your pathological denial. You are not well.

Says the ------- who clawed his way back in here just to smear feces on the walls.

Low thought/effort posts get low thought/effort responses because that's all they've earned. It has nothing to do with imitation.

#45 | Posted by jpw at 2019-08-18 10:19 PM | Reply

I asked Nullifidian, directly.

"So the person you voted for is doing exactly what you want?"

On taxes? At least they're going in the right direction.

Nulli is voting for the folks going in the exact opposite direction. If he actually understood the equation, he'd have finished the sentence with "...which is one of the several reasons I was against the recent deal to borrow another $2.3 Trillion, in large part from China.. Instead, he stands on a soapbox, and doesn't understand he's fighting for the other side.

#46 | Posted by Danforth at 2019-08-18 10:19 PM | Reply

"Do you honestly not understand the concept of voting for the lesser of 2 evils?

#44 | POSTED BY JEFFJ "

There is probably not a person who is lucky enough to vote for a candidate with whom he agrees 100%. It's so silly when someone says, "How can a pro-abortion person vote Republican?" Well, that person believes in everything else on the Republican platform except aboortion, so he votes Republican. He gets 90% of what he wants. But since there is no candiate that can give him all he wants, he votes accordingly.

You honesty did not realize this, Danforth? I'm really shocked. I thought you were more politically savvy than that.

#47 | Posted by goatman at 2019-08-18 10:22 PM | Reply

"Says the ------- ...

#45 | POSTED BY JPW "

Another "quality post". LOL

#48 | Posted by goatman at 2019-08-18 10:23 PM | Reply

"Do you honestly not understand the concept of voting for the lesser of 2 evils"

I understand it. I just don't see how Republicans qualify, in the day and age of Trump.

#49 | Posted by Danforth at 2019-08-18 10:24 PM | Reply

"I thought you were more politically savvy than that."

I guess that just means you're stupid.

#50 | Posted by Danforth at 2019-08-18 10:25 PM | Reply

"I guess that just means you're stupid.

#50 | POSTED BY DANFORTH "

Profound. 6th grade schoolyard taunts. Most people realize that says more about the taunter than his target. Learn this.

#51 | Posted by goatman at 2019-08-18 10:28 PM | Reply

Another "quality post". LOL

#48 | POSTED BY GOATMAN

You'll get more when you stop smearing feces and earn it.

#52 | Posted by jpw at 2019-08-18 10:29 PM | Reply

#51 | POSTED BY GOATMAN

Profound. For you anyway.

Link or it's just another argumentum ad populum.

#53 | Posted by jpw at 2019-08-18 10:30 PM | Reply

"Most people realize that says more about the taunter than his target. Learn this.

#51 | POSTED BY GOATMAN

Profound."

Indeed it is. You need to learn that lesson, too. You lean quite heavily on juvenila name calling.

#54 | Posted by goatman at 2019-08-18 10:32 PM | Reply

"You'll get more when you stop smearing feces and earn it.

POSTED BY JPW "

So it's someone else's fault again. LOL. They have control of your fingers and make you post childish conten. Let me guess: You must br a liberal.

#55 | Posted by goatman at 2019-08-18 10:34 PM | Reply

I lean heavily on calling reality as it exists.

It's not my fault you don't like what it says.

#56 | Posted by jpw at 2019-08-18 10:35 PM | Reply

#49 | POSTED BY DANFORTH

Trump is a repugnant person. However, on policy so far he's been far less damaging than Bush. He's been arguably less damaging than Obama on policy, at least at this point. I didn't vote for Trump because I found him to be a repulsive person. That doesn't mean I reflexively disagree with everything he does simply because DNC.

#57 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-08-18 10:38 PM | Reply

"I lean heavily on calling reality as it exists.
It's not my fault you don't like what it says.

#56 | POSTED BY JPW "

What a bizarre world view you have. That on top of your proven pathological denial makes me wonder how you function as a member of society.

Adios. Again, do oyur last word freak thing.

#58 | Posted by goatman at 2019-08-18 10:38 PM | Reply

#57 -- be careful about citing facts about Trump. There are some people here who are so silly they think this means you like him. I encounter them all the time.

#59 | Posted by goatman at 2019-08-18 10:40 PM | Reply

"Iraschitberg was pushing this line of garbage a few weeks ago. Wouldn't it be funny if the DR was a testing ground for talking points to see how they're criticized and adjust accordingly?"

I'd guess Ira is Stephen Miller, but frankly he's more Stephen Moore.

#60 | Posted by Danforth at 2019-08-18 10:44 PM | Reply

"He's been arguably less damaging than Obama on policy, at least at this point."

Less damaging? On the macro dial of closer to or further away from Flint, Trump has chosen closer to.

#61 | Posted by Danforth at 2019-08-18 10:47 PM | Reply

Jeff: BBQ story/recipe on the nooner

#62 | Posted by goatman at 2019-08-18 10:49 PM | Reply

Goat- thanks for the tip. Going there now...

#63 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-08-18 10:50 PM | Reply

"I didn't vote for Trump because I found him to be a repulsive person."

Riiiight. Instead, you voted for his enablers. That'll show him!

#64 | Posted by Danforth at 2019-08-18 10:51 PM | Reply

--Jeff: BBQ story/recipe on the nooner

What is the tax angle on this story?

--TaxForth

#65 | Posted by nullifidian at 2019-08-18 10:53 PM | Reply | Funny: 2

Riiiight. Instead, you voted for his enablers. That'll show him!

#64 | POSTED BY DANFORTH

Yep. On policy he's been more conservative and less damaging than Bush.

#66 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-08-18 10:55 PM | Reply

"What is the tax angle on this story?
--TaxForth"

So....still no answer to my direct question? Still desperate to change the subject to me?

Just answer this question: Are you aware increasing borrowing INCREASES dependence on China?

#67 | Posted by Danforth at 2019-08-18 10:58 PM | Reply

"On policy he's been more conservative and less damaging than Bush."

Wait until the long-term, my friend. On policy, he's been much, much worse: Bush was at least embarrassed about a second round of tax cuts, where 27% went to the richest 1%. Trump's code gives 82% to the 1%. And Bush didn't borrow $2.3 Trillion to do it.

#68 | Posted by Danforth at 2019-08-18 11:01 PM | Reply

"Riiiight. Instead, you voted for his enablers. That'll show him!

#64 | POSTED BY DANFORTH "

Why do you pretend to know who people voted for?

#69 | Posted by goatman at 2019-08-18 11:03 PM | Reply

Fair point regarding fiscal policy.

#70 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-08-18 11:04 PM | Reply

"Why do you pretend to know who people voted for?"

Jeff has told me directly.

#71 | Posted by Danforth at 2019-08-18 11:07 PM | Reply

"Why do you pretend to know who people voted for?"

Jeff has told me directly.

#71 | POSTED BY DANFORTH

Yep!

#72 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-08-18 11:13 PM | Reply

Thanks for the confirmation, Jeff.

I'll await Goatman's apology for falsely accusing me.

#73 | Posted by Danforth at 2019-08-18 11:16 PM | Reply

Yep. On policy he's been more conservative and less damaging than Bush.

#66 | Posted by JeffJ

LOL is that what you're calling his budget?

In any case, "c-c-conservatism" is a joke, so what you're saying is Trump is a bigger joke that Bush.

#74 | Posted by jpw at 2019-08-19 12:21 AM | Reply

#67 | Posted by Danforth

He won't give one.

But expects "quality" posts in response.

#75 | Posted by jpw at 2019-08-19 12:23 AM | Reply

"He won't give one. But expects "quality" posts in response."

What say you, Nullifidian?

#76 | Posted by Danforth at 2019-08-19 12:29 AM | Reply

"But expects "quality" posts in response.

#75 | POSTED BY JPW "

It's called, "example setting" or "high road" or "human decenecy", and more. Clearly you are too petty to do any, Mr. Quality. And what's worse, you blame others for your shortcomings in "quality posting". Pathetic.

#77 | Posted by goatman at 2019-08-19 12:31 AM | Reply

Thanks for the confirmation, Jeff. I'll await Goatman's apology for falsely accusing me.

???

#78 | Posted by Danforth at 2019-08-19 12:37 AM | Reply

Pathetic.

#77 | Posted by goatman

You mean like engaging somebody to protect your bitter loser ------- friend after whining

Adios. Again, do oyur last word freak thing.

#58 | Posted by goatman

As for the rest of your tripe, I've read enough of Nulli's "thoughts" to know it's not worth engaging but is most definitely worth tearing down. It's garbage born of a bitter, checked out out mind.

#79 | Posted by jpw at 2019-08-19 12:39 AM | Reply

And what's worse, you blame others for your shortcomings in "quality posting".

I do nothing of the sort.

I respond quite well to those who are worth engaging.

If I don't respond to you well, it's because you're not worth engaging.

And my stating so isn't blaming, it's responding to the whines from somebody who gets what they deserve but thinks they should deserve more.

#80 | Posted by jpw at 2019-08-19 12:42 AM | Reply

"I'll await Goatman's apology for falsely accusing me.

#73 | POSTED BY DANFORTH "

I accused you of nothing. I asked you a question. Reading and reading comprehension are fundamental.

#81 | Posted by goatman at 2019-08-19 12:43 AM | Reply

"And what's worse, you blame others for your shortcomings in "quality posting".

I do nothing of the sort.

#80 | POSTED BY JPW"

LOL Oh dear. You are clearly not well. YOu deny that you said that you reply as others post to you? Wow.

You deny things that a few keystrokes prove you wrong. SMH.

#82 | Posted by goatman at 2019-08-19 12:47 AM | Reply

You have a serious problem with straw.

It's coming out of every orifice at just about every second you're on here.

Either address people's thoughts as presented or plonk me.

Or slither back into whatever dark place your occupied prior to being let back onto the DR.

#83 | Posted by jpw at 2019-08-19 12:49 AM | Reply

#81 | Posted by goatman

A stupid question that you got bitch slapped for.

Take your lump like a man and either slink away without the last word or admit you stepped in it.

#84 | Posted by jpw at 2019-08-19 12:51 AM | Reply

"I accused you of nothing. I asked you a question. "

Your exact "question" was: Why do you pretend to know who people voted for?

That's an accusation without evidence or proof. Jeff confirmed I wasn't pretending. I'll await your apology for falsely accusing me of pretending to know who Jeff voted for.

#85 | Posted by Danforth at 2019-08-19 12:52 AM | Reply

#86 | Posted by jpw at 2019-08-19 12:55 AM | Reply

"Reading and reading comprehension are fundamental."

Absolutely.

#87 | Posted by Danforth at 2019-08-19 12:55 AM | Reply

Did Nulli also tell you his voting choices? I'll save you the trouble: Posts 29 and 37. But evven if he hadn't, I asked a question to which I did not know the answer. You answered that Jeff told you.

But did Nulli do the same?

#88 | Posted by goatman at 2019-08-19 12:56 AM | Reply

"Did Nulli also tell you his voting choices?"

GFY if you're going to start moving goalposts. I was answering Jeff, clearly.

#89 | Posted by Danforth at 2019-08-19 12:59 AM | Reply

But did Nulli do the same?

But did my third cousin's sister-in-law's hair dresser tell you who they voted for?!?!

Why do you pretend to know who people voted for?

#90 | Posted by jpw at 2019-08-19 01:00 AM | Reply

"So which part of "you accused me of pretending when Jeff confirms I wasn't" did you miss?

#87 | POSTED BY DANFORTH "

I understood it all. And I never accused you of anything.

But again, if you think I did based on Jeffs disclosure of his voting habits, did Nulli aso tell you his when you puked out this new line you seem to be enamored with, "Why do you vote for the people who do the exact opposite of what you want?"

#91 | Posted by goatman at 2019-08-19 01:00 AM | Reply

"Aaaaaaand begin the 50 post argument about the word "question" as a literal term devoid of any of the nuances involved due to human nature and interactions."

Took Goatman less than 120 seconds to prove you right.

#92 | Posted by Danforth at 2019-08-19 01:01 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

Took Goatman less than 120 seconds to prove you right.

It hasn't been 50 posts yet. Reading comprehension is fundamental.

-goatman

#93 | Posted by jpw at 2019-08-19 01:02 AM | Reply

"GFY if you're going to start moving goalposts. I was answering Jeff, clearly.

#89 | POSTED BY DANFORTH A"

Not moving goalposts. That's an old deflection. Again, did Nulli also disclose his voting habits to you? Yes or No will suffice. No need for JPWish childish retort.

#94 | Posted by goatman at 2019-08-19 01:02 AM | Reply

"Took Goatman less than 120 seconds to prove you right.

#92 | POSTED BY DANFORTH "

#95 | Posted by goatman at 2019-08-19 01:03 AM | Reply

"I never accused you of anything. "

Before calling you a liar, I'll suggest you read your quote as many times as it takes. Here's a hint: the salient word is do. In reality, I didn't.

#96 | Posted by Danforth at 2019-08-19 01:05 AM | Reply

No need for JPWish childish retort.

#94 | Posted by goatman

Nothing childish. That's an old deflection.

Own your words.

#97 | Posted by jpw at 2019-08-19 01:05 AM | Reply

"GFY if you're going to start moving goalposts. I was answering Jeff, clearly.

POSTED BY DANFORTH "

But my question was more general. Clearly.

#98 | Posted by goatman at 2019-08-19 01:06 AM | Reply

"Now that's commitment -- sitting and staring at the PC screen with stopwatch in hand.... LOL'

No, I can just look at two timestamps and count to 1.

I also know there are 60 seconds in a minute, so the longest interval possible would be 1:59. That's why I used the phrase "less than 120 seconds".

I realize I'm using actual math...and that's confusing to you....but trust me: I'm telling the truth.

#99 | Posted by Danforth at 2019-08-19 01:10 AM | Reply

"No, I can just look at two timestamps and count to 1.

#99 | POSTED BY DANFORTH "

Impressive. But the fact you did it at all is....weird. To say the least. I mean, you are bordering on OWS and JPW type obsessiveness of me.

#100 | Posted by goatman at 2019-08-19 01:14 AM | Reply

"But my question was more general. Clearly.'

You're lying, clearly.

JPW was right: you got bitch slapped, and you're not man enough to just admit you were wrong and move on.

It's not that big of a deal...really. You're not going to explode if you admit you accidentally accused someone without a shred of evidence or proof. Defending the indefensible looks silly.

#101 | Posted by Danforth at 2019-08-19 01:15 AM | Reply

welcome to furious ------------ theatre, with your eternal host: goatman.

#102 | Posted by Alexandrite at 2019-08-19 01:16 AM | Reply

By, danforth. I will no longer enable your obsession with me over such petty minutae. If JPW OKs it, have your last word.

#103 | Posted by goatman at 2019-08-19 01:17 AM | Reply

"welcome to furious ------------ theatre, with your eternal host: goatman.

#102 | POSTED BY ALEXANDRITE "

Weird how alexandrite didn't see danforth and JPW's posts which far outnumber mine. Oh well.

#104 | Posted by goatman at 2019-08-19 01:18 AM | Reply

"Impressive. But the fact you did it at all is....weird."

It's not weird at all to state that time stamps one minute apart are less than two minutes apart.

#105 | Posted by Danforth at 2019-08-19 01:21 AM | Reply

"over such petty minutae."

Like a direct quote of your words accusing me. You know...the same stuff you hold others' feet to the fire over.

Try this: Put ANY OTHER words after "do you" in your sentence, and tell me you're not accusing me of whatever you've inserted.

#106 | Posted by Danforth at 2019-08-19 01:25 AM | Reply

"Weird how alexandrite didn't see danforth and JPW's posts which far outnumber mine."

He was only counting the ------------ ones. Reading and reading comprehension are fundamental.

#107 | Posted by Danforth at 2019-08-19 01:28 AM | Reply

Jesus Christ, dude. I'm worried for you. You win. OK? Everything you said is 100% correct. Now sit down, breathe easily, wipe the spittle off of our chin, massage those trhobbing temples and keep repeating, "I win against goatman. I win against goatman".

I hope you live through this. I mean, christ, it's just a blog. And I'm one insignificant person on this planet just like you. Nothing worth getting your blood pressure up oover..

So if you need any other words declaring your huge victory, let me know. I'll provide them. It's not that impoortant to me.

#108 | Posted by goatman at 2019-08-19 01:32 AM | Reply

"He was only counting the ------------ ones.

#107 | POSTED BY DANFORTH "

Exactly. So again, weird how he didn't notice your and JPW's posts.

BTW, when did you become his spokesperson? Does the job pay well?

OOPS. Hope I didn't set you off again. You win! You win! You win!

#109 | Posted by goatman at 2019-08-19 01:34 AM | Reply

"weird how he didn't notice your and JPW's posts."

Who was prouder of you, Dunning, or Kruger?

#110 | Posted by Danforth at 2019-08-19 01:40 AM | Reply

"Who was prouder of you, Dunning, or Kruger?

#110 | POSTED BY DANFORTH "

I do not know them, much less speak for them. Ask them.

#111 | Posted by goatman at 2019-08-19 01:44 AM | Reply

"Nothing worth getting your blood pressure up oover.."

No BP problems on this end. I wasn't the one denying the obvious. I wasn't the one who took a half dozen posts to admit it. I wasn't the one who ranted paragraphs to avoid saying "Overstepped; sorry."

Breathe.

#112 | Posted by Danforth at 2019-08-19 01:46 AM | Reply

"Breathe.

POSTED BY DANFORTH "

I am thanks to a $33,000/month injection I get from the VA that you are paying for.

#113 | Posted by goatman at 2019-08-19 01:50 AM | Reply

"thanks to a $33,000/month injection I get from the VA that you are paying for."

I'm proud to be one of the payees.

Breathe on!

#114 | Posted by Danforth at 2019-08-19 03:06 AM | Reply

#108 LOL the king of never ending semantics and last words telling somebody "it's just a blog".

It's too bad you can't buy awareness. You'd at least have the excuse of the tariffs making it unaffordable to explain your lack.

#115 | Posted by jpw at 2019-08-19 09:08 AM | Reply

Talk about fake news....

Peter Navarro must have meant, "Tariffs not hurting anyone in US Trump personally knows."

Which, is probably accurate.

#116 | Posted by ClownShack at 2019-08-19 11:57 AM | Reply