Monday, August 19, 2019

Tom Barrack and Donald Trump have been friends and confidants for more than three decades " the two men are so close, for instance, that Barrack comforted Trump during the funeral of his father, Fred.

Comments

I've seen Mr Barrack on the finance channels talking about politics, and how he and Pres Trump were friends. He often spoke quite highly of Pres Trump, oftentimes seeming to try to defend the, imo, indefensible.

#1 | Posted by LampLighter at 2019-08-19 06:06 PM | Reply

I'm pretty sure Tom isn't too worried about this.

#2 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2019-08-19 07:22 PM | Reply

I'm pretty I'm not too worried about this.

#3 | Posted by lfthndthrds at 2019-08-19 08:10 PM | Reply

You're not worried about being pretty???

#4 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2019-08-19 08:34 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

"Sure" -------- :)

#5 | Posted by lfthndthrds at 2019-08-19 09:41 PM | Reply | Funny: 2

Wait Trump has a friend???

since when?

#6 | Posted by Tor at 2019-08-19 11:40 PM | Reply | Funny: 4

Whew! I though maybe he'd mutilate his mushroom.

Mackris McDullsheep would have been devastated.

#7 | Posted by Corky at 2019-08-20 01:16 AM | Reply

Most POTUS are sociopaths. It takes some one without a conscience or loyalty to throw a long time friend under the bus. But one advantage a sociopath has, they are goal driven. Reminds me of US Grant the day after Cold Harbor. Lose 12,000 causalities and continue the attack the next day. Sometimes it is better to win a war than to stop a very costly campaign.

#8 | Posted by docnjo at 2019-08-20 06:35 AM | Reply

"I challenge anyone who can give an example of a president that wouldn't cast off a long time friend for expedient reasons.

#8 | POSTED BY DOCNJO "

I don't think Jimmy Carter would have done such a thing. He was a very honorable man and I respect him for that. But he was a very ------ president.

#9 | Posted by goatman at 2019-08-20 06:39 AM | Reply

#9 | Posted by goatman, I remember there were several problems during his administration, even with a very friendly press.

#10 | Posted by docnjo at 2019-08-20 07:15 AM | Reply

Barrack should consider himself freed from a curse and a bad smell...

#11 | Posted by catdog at 2019-08-20 09:01 AM | Reply

Most POTUS are sociopaths.

#8 | Posted by docnjo

No, the POTUS YOU like is a sociopath. That doesn't mean most presidents are sociopaths. It means you are dumber than past voters and support a worse president than they did.

Trump's cults only defense, and it's a weak one, is "they're all just as bad" which is a lie.

#12 | Posted by SpeakSoftly at 2019-08-20 11:38 AM | Reply

I'm pretty sure Tom isn't too worried about this.

#2 | POSTED BY RIGHTOCENTER AT 2019-08-19 07:22 PM

I'm pretty I'm not too worried about this.

#3 | POSTED BY LFTHNDTHRDS AT 2019-08-19 08:10 PM |

Wow... this is a great example of how directional nerds conduct a spat.

#13 | Posted by RightisTrite at 2019-08-20 12:12 PM | Reply

#12 | Posted by SpeakSoftly FDR, JFK, LBJ, Clinton, and Obama were not Sociopaths? I think history does not support your conjecture.

#14 | Posted by docnjo at 2019-08-20 02:10 PM | Reply

#14 | Posted by docnjo

They all showed concern for people other than themselves, something trump can't do.

He is not like anyone we've ever elected before. A sociopath. Egomaniac. Malignant narcissist. And a proud moron. All in one. And the leader of the party of "family values."

#15 | Posted by SpeakSoftly at 2019-08-20 02:43 PM | Reply

"The president was really surprised to read all about the inauguration and who was trying to buy access and how, because the president doesn't get any of that money," said the official.

lol. This is the guy that recommended his buddy Manafort to Trump. Some friend eh? Well you know what they say about birds of a feather.

#16 | Posted by GalaxiePete at 2019-08-20 02:45 PM | Reply

First of all, anybody who calls himself one of Trump's "friends" has a different definition of the word than sane people. In Trump's World a "friend" is only a friend of convenience ~ someone Trump can use to take the heat when the ---- hits the fan. Trump himself can't take responsibility for anything. In Trump World, that's what "friends" are for. The moment a "friend" tries to protect himself, his family or his career, they're suddenly not "friends" any more.

How many times have we seen that happen over the past 2+ years of the Trump administration?

Just check the turnover rate in Trump's cabinet.

#17 | Posted by Twinpac at 2019-08-20 07:00 PM | Reply