Wednesday, August 21, 2019

A coalition of South Jersey groups is working to shut down a daylong Minds New Jersey event planned in the borough later this month, calling it an "anti-woman, white supremacist" conference featuring speakers who represent extreme views. After an alert by a New Jersey group called the One People's Project, Cooper River Indivisible and several progressive Democratic organizations launched a social media campaign this week to shut down the conference.

Comments

Because a bunch of narcissistic twenty-somethings know what's best for the rest of us to hear/read/watch.

#1 | Posted by Karabekian at 2019-08-21 10:56 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Tim Pool, who lives in a nearby community and is one of the organizers, explains the situation in detail here:

youtu.be

#2 | Posted by Karabekian at 2019-08-21 11:08 AM | Reply

The left doesn't want to have a conversation,

nor will they allow you to have one - with anyone.

#3 | Posted by SheepleSchism at 2019-08-21 04:03 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 6

The left doesn't want to have a conversation,
nor will they allow you to have one - with anyone.
#3 | POSTED BY SHEEPLESCHISM

And yet here you are, conversing with members of the left.

IOW, you're full of ----.

#4 | Posted by rstybeach11 at 2019-08-21 05:08 PM | Reply

I guess you haven't seen some of the DR Leftists try to get Sheeple and Goatman expelled. Maybe you haven't heard about campus SJWs trying to prevent speakers from speaking. Maybe you missed the point of this article, which isn't an anomaly.

#5 | Posted by nullifidian at 2019-08-21 05:24 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 7

I read the article, didn't notice Antifa being referenced once. If I missed it please let me know.

"I guess you haven't seen some of the DR Leftists try to get Sheeple and Goatman expelled."

I haven't been involved in any attempt to have either expelled, they both bore me so badly that they are almost like tranquilizers. If you could bottle what they do it would sell great as sleep inducers.

#6 | Posted by danni at 2019-08-22 09:31 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

The left doesn't want to have a conversation,
nor will they allow you to have one - with anyone.
#3 | POSTED BY SHEEPLESCHISM
----
And yet here you are, conversing with members of the left.
IOW, you're full of ----.

#4 | POSTED BY RSTYBEACH11

Sheeple should have limited it to a loud and horrible subset of the left.

There's a huge difference between SJW progressives and liberals.

#7 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-08-22 09:49 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#6. Danni, the "Antifa" reference is from the Tim Pool piece in the second post. That's where I originally found this story, but I didn't want to use a YouTube link for the blog entry, since I'm not sure that passes muster with Rcade. I found a newspaper story about the same incident (not the same one Tim Pool references, since that would be redundant).

#8 | Posted by Karabekian at 2019-08-22 09:49 AM | Reply

"There's a huge difference between SJW progressives and liberals."

I consider those to be synonyms. I consider myself to be both things. And the loudest people, the most unreasonable people, the most obnoxious people are Trump supporters.

#9 | Posted by danni at 2019-08-22 10:23 AM | Reply

#9 They're not synonymous in the same way "alt-right" and "conservative" are not synonymous.

#10 | Posted by Karabekian at 2019-08-22 10:51 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1