Wednesday, August 21, 2019

At a recent rap performance, all eyes were on the sign language interpreter. Twista, who was once Guinness World Records' "fastest rapper of all time," was performing on Saturday in Charlotte, N.C., and was joined by American Sign Language interpreter Amber Galloway Gallego on stage. At one point in the performance, Twista turned toward Galloway Gallego and the audience went wild for her interpretation. On social media, Twista commended Galloway Gallego, saying "She's the real MVP for keeping up wit me."

Comments

That was great. I don't care for that genre of music, but that was quite entertaining.

#1 | Posted by goatman at 2019-08-21 06:57 PM | Reply

Sign Language at the Speed of Rap

I want to see the sign language to NWA.

#2 | Posted by PinchALoaf at 2019-08-21 08:33 PM | Reply

What is sign for the N word?...can deaf people say it if dey blacks

#3 | Posted by mutant at 2019-08-21 09:10 PM | Reply

Good news--the days of those awful drum machines are numbered...

#4 | Posted by catdog at 2019-08-22 09:05 AM | Reply

This was really cool to watch. I recently met someone at work who grew up with deaf parents in the 80s-90s and has some interesting stories from the experience and how there used to be local community meetups for deaf parents and their children. The local communities are less so now due to the internet :(

#5 | Posted by GOnoles92 at 2019-08-22 12:58 PM | Reply

That was SICK! Thanks for sharing, blog god.

#6 | Posted by Hagbard_Celine at 2019-08-22 01:34 PM | Reply

Good news--the days of those awful drum machines are numbered...

#4 | Posted by catdog

I remember a time when the only way to change out a drum sound on a drum machine was replacing chips inside. Want a new snare sound? It'd cost $100 or so.

Programs like Superior Drummer, BFD, Groove Agent and so on have added so much to my tool box. Real drummers playing with feel. I still use real drummers on projects I'm producing for other people, but for production music and recordings of my own stuff I compose and produce, the programs work magnificently.

#7 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2019-08-22 06:20 PM | Reply

I used to have a Boss drum machine back in the day, recording to my Tascam 424 cassette deck. hahaha

#8 | Posted by SheepleSchism at 2019-08-22 06:27 PM | Reply

...recording to my Tascam 424 cassette deck

I had one of the 234 Syncassette machines. The audio quality was excellent.

Used one channel to stripe a sync tone with a Commodore 64 and the first 16 channel sequencer called "Dr T" (Emile Tobenfeld, I think), a grumpy PhD computer scientist. He gave me tech support a couple times when I was getting it set up, although VERY grudgingly LOL

#9 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2019-08-22 07:22 PM | Reply

234 was 4 track. Looked like this: www.theaudiohunt.com

#10 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2019-08-22 07:23 PM | Reply

"Real drummers playing with feel."

I've been watching Rick Beato videos lately on YouTube. He talks about using programs to shift the different parts so that they fall more consistently on the beat has removed a lot of life from music. He messed with a Led Zeppelin song (I forget which one) and the result, while technically on the beat did seem artificial. What say you?

#11 | Posted by Hagbard_Celine at 2019-08-23 12:35 PM | Reply