Friday, August 23, 2019

...

Alternate links: Google News | Twitter

"I would support a mass civil disobedience where we take medicine to tell the state that they have absolutely no right to control our consciousness and to define our spiritual practice," Gail Bradbrook said in a press briefing as part of Breaking Convention, a conference on psychedelics in London on 16 August.

Comments

"The system resides within us".

Gee, I hope Nulli is okay.

#1 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2019-08-23 11:41 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

I tried some mushrooms a while back just so I could see what all the fuss was about. It was a very unique and pleasant experience. Some of you may have noticed some irregularities in my posts those couple of evenings lol.

#2 | Posted by lfthndthrds at 2019-08-24 02:46 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

i'm in...if you are.

#3 | Posted by ichiro at 2019-08-24 03:06 PM | Reply

I would like to try a micro-dose now, maybe a tad more - macro-dose?

Last time I shroomed -15 years ago - I took way too much. I don't ever want to trip balls again.

But I always liked the long mellow ride down. If there was a way to bottle just that, without the peaks.

#4 | Posted by SheepleSchism at 2019-08-24 04:48 PM | Reply

I haven't done psychadlics since my Navy days, but I came close about three years ago when I did some edible THC. My GF and I were driving from Dallas to Nashville. I wanted to try some her brother brought bck from Colorado. I rarely even smoke pot anymore and the one or two times a year I do, I do one puff and am high as a kite.

So anyway she agreed to drive so I could do these edibles. I got so ------ up that when we stopped at a rest area, I couldn't walk to the john. She had to pull over somewhere and I barely could stand up bracing on the truck long enoug to piss. My phone rang a few times and I couldn't figure out how to answer it. Didn't matter, I couldn't speak coherently anyway.

I was ------ up for three days. I'll never do edibles again, but I still do one hit of a joint once or twice (more like once) a year. My son gave me a joint he brought back from Colorado. I've had it two weeks. Still haven't lit it and hit it. The thing will probably last me three or four years, no joke.

#5 | Posted by goatman at 2019-08-24 04:55 PM | Reply

--I would like to try a micro-dose now, maybe a tad more - macro-dose?

Wish I could get a hold of some. 3 or 4 microdoses at 25 mcg ought to be a manageable, not scary, trip. The old Orange Sunshine we had in the 70s was a whopping 300 mcg, far too much for the experienced. That's why you heard stories about people having bad trips.

#6 | Posted by nullifidian at 2019-08-24 04:59 PM | Reply

*inexperienced

#7 | Posted by nullifidian at 2019-08-24 05:00 PM | Reply

Drive over to Venice Beach, out by the Skatepark, there are people hawking windowpane all day long.

#8 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2019-08-24 05:04 PM | Reply

--If there was a way to bottle just that, without the peaks.

A small dose of xanax will mellow the trip; a big dose will kill it.

#9 | Posted by nullifidian at 2019-08-24 05:18 PM | Reply

Thanks for the tip. I'd rather not deal with sketchy people selling unverified substances, but if that's the only alternative...Venice isn't far away.

#10 | Posted by nullifidian at 2019-08-24 05:23 PM | Reply

#4 | POSTED BY SHEEPLESCHISM AT 2019-08-24 04:48 PM | FLAG:

Invest in a scale. Start with .5-1.0 grams of the dried mushroom. Adjust as needed. I did 3 grams my first time, that was too much for me but I know people who do 5grams at a time.

#11 | Posted by lfthndthrds at 2019-08-25 08:42 AM | Reply

I have a scale. Should the shrooms be ground or just broken up? Is there any difference in potency between the stems and caps?

#12 | Posted by SheepleSchism at 2019-08-25 09:57 AM | Reply

I chopped mine with a chef knife. My buddy I get them from chews me up whole. Drink plenty of water

#13 | Posted by lfthndthrds at 2019-08-25 11:22 AM | Reply

I'm not sure of any potency difference between stems and caps. I did them on three different occasions but I ingested the entire mushroom.

#14 | Posted by lfthndthrds at 2019-08-25 11:24 AM | Reply

A friend in Arizona said back in the 70's people could get a grocery sack full for $20 from the Yaqui Indians.

#15 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2019-08-26 01:57 AM | Reply

I had a friend with a ranch in north Texas, and they grew like mushrooms under the cowpadies. We would go out there and pick them. The magic ones turn blue when you sqeeze the stalks, that's you tell. His grandmother used to make the tea when he was kid, just sitting there on the front porch swing. He didn't understand what was going on until after she was dead though.

My experience was the hilarity and colored light illusions like bright cartoon bumblebees and streamers of light. I could see through my hand. As I came down it made my feet felt like lead.

Very different from LSD.

#16 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2019-08-26 05:28 PM | Reply

#13 | POSTED BY LFTHNDTHRDS AT 2019-08-25 11:22 AM

I steep them in tea and chew the remains. But without hallucinations they are a waste on me, I prefer to be the sitter.

#17 | Posted by redlightrobot at 2019-08-26 10:34 PM | Reply