Monday, August 26, 2019

"No matter what you read and hear from the media, this G-7 was all about Trump re-aligning the world -- reshaping the world economy with America's interests first and foremost," said Varney on Fox Nation's "My Take." "Trade was the headline issue ... A deal with Japan -- they will import a lot more of our agricultural product. Britain gets a major trade deal after Brexit, and there's dialogue with Germany on car tariffs as well, but the most important -- China," stressed Varney.

Comments

FTA:

"Varney believes that it is time for America's European allies to get on board with the President's agenda. "Europeans are frankly scared of America. Their economies are sinking. They've entered the fantasy land of negative interest rates. Their money is pouring over here, and they just don't know what to do. My advice -- jump on the Trump train and quit whining about Iran and climate change," advised Varney."

#1 | Posted by SheepleSchism at 2019-08-26 07:18 PM | Reply

"...this G-7 was all about Trump re-aligning the world -- reshaping the world economy with America's interests first and foremost..."

Incredible.

#2 | Posted by SheepleSchism at 2019-08-26 07:20 PM | Reply

"I'm not going nuts" - Joe Biden

#sad

#3 | Posted by SheepleSchism at 2019-08-26 07:21 PM | Reply

"A deal with Japan -- they will import a lot more of our agricultural product"

I looked at "the deal" this morning. Turns out it's even more vague that Affordable Care prior to signing.

#4 | Posted by lfthndthrds at 2019-08-26 07:59 PM | Reply

Turns out it's even more vague that Affordable Care prior to signing.

Liar ... we didn't even know what was in ObamaCare until we signed it....

Japan remove tariffs on Beef, Pork and other products in exchange for no future tariff increases on Japanese cars.

On top of that in principle they agreed Japan would purchase corn ...

Japan would be wise to begin trading with the US rather than China.

Donald Trump don't trust China, China is --------. ...
www.youtube.com

#5 | Posted by AndreaMackris at 2019-08-26 08:07 PM | Reply

Good on Trump for this. It must surely make an already worried China a little more on edge.

#6 | Posted by goatman at 2019-08-26 08:51 PM | Reply

LOL.

It's already been shaped that way since 1945.

#7 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-08-26 09:17 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 3

" ... we didn't even know what was in ObamaCare until we signed it.... "

Bullschittt. There were 79 hearings. If you "didn't know", it was by choice.

#8 | Posted by Danforth at 2019-08-26 09:18 PM | Reply

"" ... we didn't even know what was in ObamaCare until we signed it.... "
Bullschittt. There were 79 hearings. If you "didn't know", it was by choice.

#8 | POSTED BY DANFORTH "

Pelosi: Pass Health Reform So You Can Find Out What's In It

www.usnews.com

#9 | Posted by goatman at 2019-08-26 09:21 PM | Reply

I'll repeat: There were 79 hearings. If you "didn't know", it was by choice.

#10 | Posted by Danforth at 2019-08-26 09:42 PM | Reply

Incredible.

#2 | Posted by SheepleSchism

You really are in the bag for that orange schittstain.

If Fox says it you can pretty much ignore it as BS.

And this sounds like BS propaganda.

#11 | Posted by jpw at 2019-08-26 09:47 PM | Reply

" ... we didn't even know what was in ObamaCare until we signed it.... "

Bullschittt. There were 79 hearings. If you "didn't know", it was by choice.

#8 | Posted by Danforth

Righties will never leave the fantasy land they live in.

#12 | Posted by jpw at 2019-08-26 09:49 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 3

Danforth,

Yes and no. Yes, the contents of the bill were well known to anybody paying attention. No in that once the bill became law it spawned over 20,000 pages of regulations which were a result of, "Secretary shall___________"

#13 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-08-26 09:51 PM | Reply

"Hell, it's a dream world where they're alpha, their sick ideas work and they're not perpetual failures.

POSTED BY JPW AT 2019-08-26 09:49 PM "

It's a dream world to ignore what your gal Pelosi said. But hey, your party masters said you have to ignore that, so I undertand why you are.

You brainwashed hyperpartisans remind me of that Naked Gun move where Reggie Jackson turns into a mind controlled Zombie when Ricardo Montalban activates some sort of mind control device. "Must Kill Frank Drebin" is now, "Must obey DNC" LOL

#14 | Posted by goatman at 2019-08-26 09:53 PM | Reply

"Yes and no. Yes, the contents of the bill were well known to anybody paying attention."

So would you say that's MORE transparent, or LESS transparent than the Trump deal? Those are the goalposts; don't move them.

#15 | Posted by Danforth at 2019-08-26 09:56 PM | Reply

It's a dream world to ignore what your gal Pelosi said.

www.snopes.com

Stick with reality as it is, not as you want it to be. That includes assessing all information when making an opinion, not just the info you want.

You've been gone a long time so maybe you should avoid trying to assign people political leanings.

I've gotten in frequent dust ups with lefties and righties. So until you've reacquainted yourself with the lay of the land here I'd avoid any projections.

You brainwashed hyperpartisans...

Blow it out your ass.

And don't whine about school yard insults when you're slinging garbage left and right.

#16 | Posted by jpw at 2019-08-26 10:14 PM | Reply

"Blow it out your ass.

POSTED BY JPW"

Such a "quality" poster. LOL

#17 | Posted by goatman at 2019-08-26 10:17 PM | Reply

"No matter what you read and hear from the media, this G-7 was all about Trump

Ummm... okay.

I guess Fox News is stepping ahead of other news sources to create the news.

Otherwise, why start your news segment telling the audience to ignore other sources of news.

#18 | Posted by ClownShack at 2019-08-26 10:20 PM | Reply

Such a "quality" poster. LOL

#17 | Posted by goatman

You mean like your railing about a guy held in jail for 82 days for no reason getting compensated then whining like a bitch when I ask a simple question you refuse to answer?

Jesus you're such a worthless poster. Why did you come back?

#19 | Posted by jpw at 2019-08-26 10:34 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"Jesus you're such a worthless poster.

#19 | POSTED BY JPW AT 2019-08-26 10:34 PM |"

Profound, zingerman. LOL

" Why did you come back?"

Because I wanted to and Rcade allowed it.

#20 | Posted by goatman at 2019-08-26 10:38 PM | Reply

#19 Why did you come back?

The camaraderie? Insightful discussion? Depth of the subject matter covered?

#21 | Posted by SheepleSchism at 2019-08-26 10:40 PM | Reply | Funny: 1 | Newsworthy 1

"#19 | POSTED BY JPW AT 2019-08-26 10:34 PM |"

I'm usually above this sort of thing, but I have to admit, I get a guilty pleasure knowing you get triggered so easily from my posts. I don't feel that way about other triggered posters, but you, I do. LOL

pics.me.me

#22 | Posted by goatman at 2019-08-26 10:41 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

Well he was certainly like no other President in giving the other G7 leaders a hard sell on his Doral property:

www.theguardian.com

while simultaneously declaring that " I don't care about money" and claiming that the Presidency will likely cost him $3b to $5b.

The US is indeed lucky to have such an altruistic leader.

#23 | Posted by Foreigner at 2019-08-26 11:04 PM | Reply

And a narcissistic to boot.

#24 | Posted by jpw at 2019-08-26 11:11 PM | Reply

"And a narcissistic to boot.

POSTED BY JPW AT 2019-08-26 11:11 PM"

Works for me, stalker.

Triggered again, I see. LOL

#25 | Posted by goatman at 2019-08-26 11:13 PM | Reply

and claiming that the Presidency will likely cost him $3b to $5b.

God that man is such a worthless sack of garbage.

I'd ask if he thinks anybody believes him but I know more than a few ------- around here who absolutely believe what he says.

#26 | Posted by jpw at 2019-08-26 11:17 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

Works for me, stalker.

Triggered again, I see. LOL

#25 | Posted by goatman

So what does that make you while throwing around and making light of the word stalker?

Throw in a few more LOLs...somebody might believe you mean it. Narcissist.

#27 | Posted by jpw at 2019-08-26 11:19 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

"Throw in a few more LOLs...somebody might believe you mean it. Narcissist.

#27 | POSTED BY JPW AT 2019-08-26 11:19 PM "

OK.

LOL LOL LOL LOL

#28 | Posted by goatman at 2019-08-26 11:20 PM | Reply

Profound. For you, anyway...

#29 | Posted by jpw at 2019-08-26 11:23 PM | Reply

Trump's presidency will cost taxpayers $3b-$5b.

#30 | Posted by ClownShack at 2019-08-26 11:24 PM | Reply

"Trump's presidency will cost taxpayers $3b-$5b."

Closer to "T" than "B", when it's all said and done.

#31 | Posted by Danforth at 2019-08-26 11:37 PM | Reply

I wouldn't take anything from Faux News without a big grain of salt. I will admit to one thing, Trump did try to make the G7 all about him. But then a few weeks ago he made visiting the cities where two horrendous shootings had taken place, all about him as well, so I guess it's SOP with Trump.

OCU

#32 | Posted by OCUser at 2019-08-27 02:18 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"so I guess it's SOP with Trump.
OCU

#32 | POSTED BY OCUSER

Yes, he's no different than some other presidents in that respect. Remember how people used to ocount how many times Obama used "(" and "ME" in his speeches, even when visiting disaster sites?

No, it's not a deflection. I'm just keeping things in perspective for those who don't.

www.cnsnews.com

#33 | Posted by goatman at 2019-08-27 02:29 AM | Reply

#33 He is different. Obama may have had some mild narcissistic qualities, which i would argue are likely in anyone attempting to reach for the most powerful position in Earth. However, I'll take his style of speech that happens to make the issues personal in reaching common ground with the majority of Americans over the constant 3rd person whining of the current occupant of the White House, who declares himself the best at everything without a shred of evidence to back it up.

#34 | Posted by micd at 2019-08-27 10:16 AM | Reply

So, setting Fox News aside, what is everyone else saying about how we made out at this summit?

The deal with Japan appears promising, right?

#35 | Posted by eberly at 2019-08-27 10:26 AM | Reply

From The Economist:

A YEAR ago, at the previous G7 meeting in Canada, a single image captured the mood. It showed Germany's Angela Merkel leaning imploringly over a table towards a seated Donald Trump, his arms resolutely crossed. Shortly afterwards, the American president walked out, and pulled out of a pre-agreed final communiqu.

It is a telling reflection of the current state of multilateral affairs that, at this year's G7 summit in the French resort of Biarritz, which began on August 24th, it was considered a minor diplomatic triumph merely that, by the end of day two, the American president was still co-operating.

. . .

Similar to last year, President Trump cast an oversized shadow over the proceedings (reflective of his ego perhaps) but this time, with the announcement of a new trade deal with Japan, a perceived softening on both China and Iran and support for Boris Johnson, President Trump was arguably the most active participant in Biarritz."

#36 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2019-08-27 01:01 PM | Reply

Trump's trade war with China is a message to anyone else wanting to test his resolve.

...and he hasn't gotten us into any wars. I haven't forgotten the hysteria over Trump being in charge of a nuclear military.

#37 | Posted by SheepleSchism at 2019-08-27 03:49 PM | Reply

^
What is "Things Bernie Bros Say," Alex?

#38 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-08-27 03:55 PM | Reply

Dominated? Did he shove other leaders out of his way again?

#39 | Posted by Derek_Wildstar at 2019-08-28 02:14 PM | Reply

Yea, but not in a good way.

#40 | Posted by fresno500 at 2019-08-28 03:47 PM | Reply