Thursday, August 29, 2019

Senator Kirsten Gillibrand is ending her campaign for the Democratic presidential nomination after failing to qualify for the third debate.

Comments

Oooo...Psyche!

Pathetic.

#1 | Posted by oldwhiskeysour at 2019-08-28 10:40 PM | Reply

--I'm glad they never found out that she was the one I was really afraid of!

lol

#2 | Posted by nullifidian at 2019-08-28 10:44 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

Don't let the door hit you in the ass Kirsten. Al Franken and all that. I never supported you even slightly, I'm glad you couldn't find support for your sorry, opportunistic ass.

#3 | Posted by danni at 2019-08-28 10:50 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

We'll since it appears that he is afraid of most women his tweet does not surprise me.

#4 | Posted by Sezu at 2019-08-29 08:02 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Who's going to get her voter?

#5 | Posted by MUSTANG at 2019-08-29 08:31 AM | Reply | Funny: 2

Original headline was "Trump's worst nightmare drops out" and the embedded tweet was from the President commenting on it.

#6 | Posted by sentinel at 2019-08-30 10:00 AM | Reply

#3 | POSTED BY DANNI

Yeah... I agree. I thought she (and others though she led it) handled that situation poorly and I am glad that there were political repercussions for it.

As far as I could tell, Franken handled the situation correctly. He apologized for behavior that he acknowledged, and he apologized for making women feel uncomfortable for the other times (when he might have thought, or still thinks, he did nothing wrong or didn't remember the incident). And he promised to try to learn from the experience so he did not make women feel uncomfortable in the future.

But, the #MeToo women saw blood in the water and wanted their pound of flesh, and there was nothing he could have given them that they would accept aside from his resignation. They were not willing to define a path forward for people who have made mistakes in the past, and were willing to acknowledge and try to learn from those mistakes, other than complete destruction.

They made it clear that the Republican strategy for dealing with #MeToo was the best one (from a political standpoint). Deny, deny, deny. Because admitting any fault will just make your #MeToo critics more ravenous.

It was toxic, and hopefully this will show them that and get them to change their behavior.

#7 | Posted by gtbritishskull at 2019-08-30 10:20 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

New Gillibrand Campaign Poster

#8 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2019-08-30 04:25 PM | Reply

Or maybe she dropped out because she struck a deal to be the VP if Sanders gets the nomination. He'll yell at you about Republicans while she 'splains privilege to your white wimmin.

#9 | Posted by sentinel at 2019-09-01 03:42 PM | Reply