Thursday, August 29, 2019

Rush Limbaugh's parent company Iheartmedia formerly ClearChannel was forced into bankruptcy today because of declining revenues. IHeartMedia, which has struggled with $20 billion of debt and falling revenue at its 858 radio stations, said cash on hand and cash generated from ongoing operations will be sufficient to fund the business during the bankruptcy process. www.reuters.com/... It should be noted that Bain Capital LLC and Thomas H. Lee Partners bought Clearchannel for $17.9 billion in 2008. The price was high Bain Capital actually had to file lawsuits against 6 banks who were financing the deal who tried to back out because they thought the price was too high.

Comments

I shouldn't have posted this. I was listening to the radio and a caller told the host about this but they checked and the story is 2-1/2 years old. You can delete if you will RCADE, I would appreciate it. To make matters worse it was double posted. Both should be deleted.

#1 | Posted by danni at 2019-08-29 01:32 PM | Reply

... Iheartmedia formerly ClearChannel ...

Wow, I didn't know that iHeartMedia was once ClearChannel.

How the giants have fallen.

#2 | Posted by LampLighter at 2019-08-29 01:32 PM | Reply

#1 | POSTED BY DANNI

We all make mistakes.

Good on you for owning up to it instead of slinking away.

#3 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-08-29 01:43 PM | Reply

I was hoping that it was Sinclair media that is going out of business. Bain Capital shows up again? LOL

#4 | Posted by Tor at 2019-08-29 03:53 PM | Reply

Rush Limbaugh is a fat racist slob.

#5 | Posted by PinchALoaf at 2019-08-29 05:18 PM | Reply

Rush Limbaugh is a fat racist slob.

#5 | POSTED BY PINCHALOAF

I don't know about the racist part but he is a fat slob and a hack to boot.

#6 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-08-29 05:22 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

I made a fool of myself because I want to celebrate the collapse of drug adict Rush Limbaugh's career so badly. I sincerely hate him for what he has done to our country and I don't wish that fat a*****e well.
I hope in the next life he feels the fire of hell. He deserves it.
I probably would excommunicate one of my own children if the became one of his lemmings.
His level of despicability is unrivaled by any person on Earth.

#7 | Posted by danni at 2019-08-29 10:34 PM | Reply

Wasn't Mitt Romney still running Bain Capital back in 2008?

OCU

#8 | Posted by OCUser at 2019-08-31 11:29 AM | Reply

#7 you made a fool of yourself but not because of Limbaugh. Do a little research next time before you put up a thread. It's not that tough.

#9 | Posted by Fishpaw at 2019-08-31 07:40 PM | Reply