Friday, August 30, 2019

Joe Biden painted a vivid scene for the 400 people packed into a college meeting hall. A four-star general had asked the then-vice president to travel to Kunar province in Afghanistan, a dangerous foray into "godforsaken country" to recognize the remarkable heroism of a Navy captain. " This is the God's truth," Biden had said as he told the story. "My word as a Biden." Except almost every detail in the story appears to be incorrect.

Comments

Biden should bow out of the race. Too many gaffs, he's a nice guy but it's time to retire.

#1 | Posted by danni at 2019-08-30 08:51 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

For the sake of your party, I agree. For the sake of conservatives, I disagree. LOL

But yes, you are right -- he's a nice guy.

#2 | Posted by goatman at 2019-08-30 08:54 AM | Reply

Keep going Joe, you got this!

#3 | Posted by AndreaMackris at 2019-08-30 09:11 AM | Reply

I wonder if Brian Williams was there to verify it.

#4 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2019-08-30 09:41 AM | Reply

It's fun watching Biden trigger people on both sides.

#5 | Posted by sentinel at 2019-08-30 09:57 AM | Reply

#5 | POSTED BY SENTINEL

Its funny watching you use the word "trigger", because you don't seem to know what it means.

#6 | Posted by AndreaMackris at 2019-08-30 10:26 AM | Reply

#1 | POSTED BY DANNI

I don't mind the gaffes, as long as they don't affect his election chances. Which I am not sure they do.

If the only thing you know about a person is their gaffe, then it will affect your perception of them. But, honestly, most of the country knows who Joe Biden is. So, they are basing their opinion of him on knowledge other than about gaffes. At this point, it is more "Haha... Biden made another gaffe" than "Look at the terrible thing Biden said".

Normal people says stupid things. Your friends probably make "gaffes". But you know that it does not come from a bad place so you don't care about it. Him showing human mistakes makes him more relate-able.

Not that I am particularly a supporter of Biden. I just don't think "gaffes" are by themselves disqualifying. I would prefer someone younger. I think Biden, Warren, and Bernie are too old to be able to relate to the country in the way they need to (though of the three I prefer Warren). Though I would still vote for any of them over Trump.

#7 | Posted by gtbritishskull at 2019-08-30 11:53 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"We showed those ---- on D-Day." - Joe "Where am I" Biden

#8 | Posted by SheepleSchism at 2019-08-30 11:55 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

Definitely read like a great story, but if he had ever served in the military, he would have known a Navy O6 would not ever be outside the wire doing anything more dangerous than flying or being driven to a new location, let alone in a firefight or hanging off a mountain.

#9 | Posted by GOnoles92 at 2019-08-30 11:57 AM | Reply

Moldy Joe's next debate:

"Who am I? Why am I here?"

#10 | Posted by nullifidian at 2019-08-30 12:00 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Fabricating a story (albeit details from three stories rolled into one) is not a gaffe. A gaffe is usually contained in a sentence or two.

#11 | Posted by goatman at 2019-08-30 12:04 PM | Reply

Some people will remember that. Ignorant Millenials will have to google it

#12 | Posted by nullifidian at 2019-08-30 12:04 PM | Reply

Yahowl news calls it "faulty telling".
If Trump said it, they would be redfacedly screaming LIE !!
news.yahoo.com

#13 | Posted by phesterOBoyle at 2019-08-30 01:56 PM | Reply

Well with the whoppers told by Trump every day this is a small and inconsequential tall tale. Just saying...

If you defend all the thousands of lies Trump has committed you can't criticize Biden. Sadly he's always been prone to gaffs like this forever.

I don't know who is the best choice but honestly Yang keeps making points with me on many topics. He is a data driven kind of guy. He isn't in it to see how far left he can act.

#14 | Posted by GalaxiePete at 2019-08-30 02:13 PM | Reply

If Trump said it, they would be redfacedly screaming LIE !!

#13 | POSTED BY PHESTEROBOYLE

If Trump had said it, you would be claiming this is evidence of TDS.

And Goat would be claiming that that liberals were just falling for his trolling by pointing out the gaffe.

#15 | Posted by gtbritishskull at 2019-08-30 02:15 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#6 | POSTED BY ANDREAMACKRIS

It appears that my use of the word "trigger" has triggered you.

#16 | Posted by sentinel at 2019-08-30 02:24 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

If Illegitimate President Bucket of ---- had said it, he would have told the story at a boy scout convention and bragging about banging whores 3 at a time.

#17 | Posted by truthhurts at 2019-08-30 02:59 PM | Reply

- Illegitimate President Bucket of S

Better known as Dulli's wet drea.... er, erotic orange fantasy.

#18 | Posted by Corky at 2019-08-30 03:26 PM | Reply

--Better known as Dulli's wet drea.... er, erotic orange fantasy.

#18 | Posted by Corky

Could be my next plonkee. Almost as worthless as JPW.

#19 | Posted by nullifidian at 2019-08-30 03:30 PM | Reply

The #1 risk innominating Biden is that he says so much stupid ---- that he invites the sort of equivocation that rightwingers use to justify Trump's senility. If you want to beat Trump you need someone more polished so as to clearly demonstrate a contrast.

#20 | Posted by JOE at 2019-08-30 03:44 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#20 | POSTED BY JOE

That is a fair argument.

#21 | Posted by gtbritishskull at 2019-08-30 04:05 PM | Reply

That wasn't a gaffe. It was a bald faced lie.

#22 | Posted by willowby at 2019-08-30 04:41 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

- Could be my next plonkee.

Promises, promises.

Prolly a good idea, though. That way people won't notice how you never have an argument when your butt is being kicked.... by SO many people. Come to think of it, you'd have to plonk half the site.

#23 | Posted by Corky at 2019-08-30 06:03 PM | Reply

How many times has Corky plonked me? I've lost count. It usually lasts just a few hours because he just loves the smell of my...

#24 | Posted by nullifidian at 2019-08-30 06:06 PM | Reply

Plonking is the dumbest thing rcade ever did. Back in the pre snowflake age, people just scrolled past those who they didn't like.

Speaking of plonking, check the stats to see which side of the aisle has their poor feelings hurt the most.

#25 | Posted by willowby at 2019-08-31 02:10 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

There needs to be an upper age limit put on the presidancy. I don't care who's running.

#26 | Posted by RightisTrite at 2019-08-31 08:45 AM | Reply

Every single person in the top ten is a certified troll or a sub-90 IQ moron. It's probably not about hurt feelings as much as it is about not wasting your time.

#27 | Posted by JOE at 2019-08-31 08:55 AM | Reply

Also, i always laugh when i see that 9 people plonked RCade. That's like blocking Tom on myspace.

#28 | Posted by JOE at 2019-08-31 08:57 AM | Reply

After reading this exhausting thread, I've concluded I rather have a "stupid" Biden rathr then a Trump in the WH any day. We can deal with Joe if he goofs. When Trump goofs... oi.

Besides none of the candidates (other than Biden) has marinated in the essence of Obama for eight years.

Joe has my vote in 2020.

#29 | Posted by Goose_Boils at 2019-08-31 09:03 AM | Reply

- because he just loves the smell of my... fear

Yes. Yes, he does.

You haven't been able to defend the tripe you post since.... well, since before the last time Sheeple got laid. So forever.

#30 | Posted by Corky at 2019-08-31 07:57 PM | Reply

"Our Army manned the air, it ran the ramparts, it took over the airports, it did everything it had to do."

Yeah give me Biden over this putz now please.

#31 | Posted by Tor at 2019-08-31 08:23 PM | Reply

It appears that my use of the word "trigger" has triggered you.
#16 | POSTED BY SENTINEL

It would appear then given your definition, my post "triggered" you....

#32 | Posted by AndreaMackris at 2019-08-31 08:38 PM | Reply

#17 | POSTED BY TRUTHHURTS

You should put a warning on your posts .....

#33 | Posted by AndreaMackris at 2019-08-31 08:39 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Wrong, joe. It's ALL about snowflakeism. If certified morons like aborted monson and reinheitsgebot don't make the top ten, it comes down to the left crying about certain posters. I guess it makes them feel better. They should go to the democratic underground. No opinions to the right of Mao are allowed.

#34 | Posted by willowby at 2019-08-31 08:46 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

Could you post a link to these certifications?

Thanks.

#35 | Posted by REDIAL at 2019-08-31 08:54 PM | Reply

#34 Of course this is true. The top 19 plonked people are right wingers, meaning left wingers plonked them. It is absolute lunacy to think pepole like abortion, jow, clownshack, jpw, angrypops, corky, OWS, reinheitsgebot and more are better posters than them. If the right was as thin skinned as the left, the posters listed above would be statistically plonked as many times, if not more (no one is as lame as angrypops and abortion) than the right.

But lefties, keep telling yourself it's your superior postings, not your thin skins, that keep you off the top of the plonk list if it makes y'all feel better about yourselves.. You guys never have shown much honesty anyway and clearly have very low self esteem.

Along those lines, how many lefties have we seen demanding rcade ban someone they don't like. How many righties have we seen demanding rcade ban someone they don't like? Case closed, snowflakes.

#36 | Posted by goatman at 2019-08-31 08:59 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

Are you serious, redial? Check their posting history and tell me I'm wrong.

#37 | Posted by willowby at 2019-08-31 09:09 PM | Reply

The plonk list needs an update. Dalton is in 6th place and hasn't been here in 3 years. Heck, Zatoichi is still on there. I have 22 on my plonk list and only 2 of them still exist... can't get rid of the nonexistent ones.

#38 | Posted by REDIAL at 2019-08-31 09:13 PM | Reply

Are you serious, redial?

Yes. You said they were certified. I'd like to see the certifications.

#39 | Posted by REDIAL at 2019-08-31 09:16 PM | Reply

^^ What a special flower.

#40 | Posted by SheepleSchism at 2019-08-31 09:21 PM | Reply

In fairness, I don't think there as many righties are plonked by a single person as shown. I have very good reason to believe that at least one person (maybe more) has several sock puppet accounts and uses them for plonking. I have evidence for this and presented it before my ban, but I got in trouble and a three week stint in jail. So I won't say who that person is or what my evidence was, but it was strong.

But think who is the thinnest skinned here and who cries the most about other posters, but dishes out the most crap. That's who that poster is.

I think rcade should list who plonders of each plonked individualt to keep sock puppets from upping the plonk counts dishonestly. I still think righties would be at the top of the list because of the thin skinned lefties, but their numbers wouldn't be so high.

#41 | Posted by goatman at 2019-08-31 09:22 PM | Reply

www.youtube.com

btw, the first rule of DR Club is.....

#42 | Posted by Corky at 2019-08-31 09:37 PM | Reply

"- I have very good reason to believe that at least one person (maybe more) has several sock puppet accounts and uses them for plonking.
www.youtube.com
btw, the first rule of DR Club is.....

#42 | POSTED BY CORKY "

Interesting corky is the one to respond to this. I'm not saying he's " the thinnest skinned here and who cries the most about other posters, but dishes out the most crap" I alluded to upthread, I'm just saying, it's interesting he's the one to comment on this LOL

#43 | Posted by goatman at 2019-08-31 09:48 PM | Reply

antonyms

intellectual and oil rig rat

antonyms

#44 | Posted by Corky at 2019-08-31 10:09 PM | Reply

"ntellectual and oil rig rat
antonyms

#44 | POSTED BY CORKY "

No more. I retired (or was it 7?) years ago. I kept the intellectual, though.

hmmm. Wonder who the thin skinned ones is who dishes it out relentlessly, but whines when pointed back at him? Not saying it's you, corky. LOL

#45 | Posted by goatman at 2019-08-31 10:13 PM | Reply

Goatman

Plonks must be for more reasons than trolling and ad hominems. I got a plonk today for a word that was censored.

#46 | Posted by Ray at 2019-08-31 10:17 PM | Reply

"It would appear then given your definition, my post "triggered" you...."

Ooh, that's almost as clever as "I know you are, but what am I ?!"

#47 | Posted by sentinel at 2019-09-01 12:13 AM | Reply

"left wingers plonked them."

Citation Needed.