Saturday, August 31, 2019

Body Cam Footage Released After Arkansas Woman Drowns During Flash Flooding Police in Fort Smith, Ark. have launched an investigation after a "callous and uncaring" 911 dispatcher seemingly mocked a woman during the final moments of her life.

Comments

For crying out loud... always keep one of these in your car. ALWAYS.

www.daraz.pk

Police in Fort Smith, Ark. have laun....

Arkansas???

OK... now I get it. No need to read any further.

#1 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2019-08-31 07:57 AM | Reply

My knife, which is always on me, has both a seat belt cuter and glass breaker on it.

My minivan that my wife drives includes a roadside safety kit with both of those as well as flares etc. it's in the back but with the layout of a minivan in an emergency it wouldn't be to hard to crawl through the inside to get at it.

I've know several 911 dispatchers and I can't imagine any of them acting like this. In fact one of the things our 911 center screens for is that type of person. The only way I can imagine this happening is if the operator cracked (it's a tough job and the sensitivity required means that it is an ongoing problem) usually it doesn't turn the person into a raging ----- but I could see that as a result. If that is the case I hope she gets help, if she is just a terrible person I hope they throw the book at her and the person who hired her without checking.

#2 | Posted by TaoWarrior at 2019-08-31 08:15 AM | Reply

Since the dispatcher quit not much legally can be done but I do think I would be in favor of making her life a living hell. Like not being able to find another job. Kicked out of any social clubs she is in. Look up Kelly blazek if you want to see how it is done. Her reputation was ruined.

#3 | Posted by Byrdman at 2019-08-31 08:34 AM | Reply

"Obviously, we can't investigate someone who no longer works here," Baker reportedly said.

Why not?

#4 | Posted by TFDNihilist at 2019-08-31 10:18 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

What a horrible person.

#5 | Posted by SheepleSchism at 2019-08-31 12:14 PM | Reply

It doesn't take much to break a driver's side window if you know where to hit it.

Which is the problem. Most people will try to strike it in the middle, where it's designed not to break, and not the lower rear corner where it's weak enough to break.

#6 | Posted by jpw at 2019-08-31 12:31 PM | Reply

Is it normal for emergency responders to take over 24 minutes to get to a drowning caller? To me the tragedy here is that the woman died, not that some hag was mean to her.

#7 | Posted by JOE at 2019-08-31 01:01 PM | Reply

Arkansas can be a really horrible state.

.....Still better than Pakistan.

#8 | Posted by Tor at 2019-08-31 04:56 PM | Reply

My headrests in cars come out, are spiked, specifically for breaking the window

#9 | Posted by Petrous at 2019-08-31 09:05 PM | Reply

I'm like tao. I have a knife with a seat belt cutter and window breaker in my glove box.

#10 | Posted by willowby at 2019-08-31 09:15 PM | Reply

"I have a AK47 w/the 100 round machine gun clip to blast my way out" - Two Corinthians

#11 | Posted by SheepleSchism at 2019-08-31 09:17 PM | Reply | Funny: 2

Flash flooding is a problem in San Antonio since many streets are't built to handle rain due to its scarcity. But when it rains heavily, like the legendary Texas summer ---- storms, look out.

But ten months of the year, I drive a jeep with the top and doors off, so one of those pointy thingies won't help. Also, I'm not stupid enough to drive into a flooded road with white water across it. LOL

#12 | Posted by goatman at 2019-08-31 09:27 PM | Reply

#6 | Posted by jpw Incorrect, upper rear is weaker, if the window is fully closed. The lower corner has got about three inches of glass you don't see. Strike close to the edge is where the window is weakest.

#13 | Posted by docnjo at 2019-08-31 09:39 PM | Reply

#11 | Posted by SheepleSchism First, learn the difference between a clip and a magazine. There are 100 round mags, but they are very heavy and tend to get jammed. 30 rounds seems to work best. Example: Colt made drum mags with both 50 and 100 round capacity for their .45 Thompson MG during WWII. They were never used by the military because they were difficult to load and prone to fail. Secondly discharging a firearm in an enclosed space like a car will probity blow out your ear drums.

#14 | Posted by docnjo at 2019-08-31 10:30 PM | Reply

#14 | Posted by docnjo

Ugh... It's like motor vs engine. Who actually gives a rat's ---?

#15 | Posted by GalaxiePete at 2019-09-01 03:26 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#15 | Posted by GalaxiePete, Because words have meaning. Calling a magazine a clip just shows a complete ignorance about the subject mater.

#16 | Posted by docnjo at 2019-09-01 10:19 PM | Reply

Most modern dictionaries don't differentiate between clip and magazine.

I'll just leave "mater" alone.

#17 | Posted by REDIAL at 2019-09-01 10:27 PM | Reply