Tuesday, September 03, 2019

A real-life version of "Charlotte's Web" is playing out now in Pennsylvania, with two unlikely animals -- a miniature horse and a goose -- becoming the best of friends. The miniature horse, named Waffles, and the goose, named Hemingway, were rescued from a property in Buck's County, Pennsylvania, in July, by officials with the local Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals.

Alternate links: Google News | Twitter

Banshee

A photo posted by Rogers Cadenhead (@rcaden) on

Comments

I'll take the goose.

I love birds. I had a blue and gold macaw for many years. Birds are the most intelligent pets.

#1 | Posted by lfthndthrds at 2019-09-03 08:23 PM | Reply

The goose wouldn't last past Christmas in my house. I don't know what I'd do with the pony, though

#2 | Posted by goatman at 2019-09-03 08:25 PM | Reply

"I love birds.

#1 | POSTED BY LFTHNDTHRDS "

As do I. California Condors and Bald Eagles are the tastiest.

#3 | Posted by goatman at 2019-09-03 08:32 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

"The goose wouldn't last past Christmas"

#4 | Posted by lfthndthrds at 2019-09-03 08:37 PM | Reply

As do I. California Condors and Bald Eagles are the tastiest.

Bald Eagles are edible?!

I might have to back off on the powder in my .22-250 loads.

#5 | Posted by REDIAL at 2019-09-03 08:39 PM | Reply

"Normally, in a coonass home, they don't last past first frost gumbo weather but we do have special cases for pets ;)

#4 | POSTED BY LFTHNDTHRDS AT 2019-09-03 08:37 PM "

If y'all eat nutria, y'all will eat anything. I worked with a bunch of coonasses when I worked offshore. The loved talking about different ways to eat nutria -- that is when you could understand them. LOL

#6 | Posted by goatman at 2019-09-03 08:54 PM | Reply

Ma sha, dat nutrias cook down good in a sauce piquant yeah, das for real.

#7 | Posted by lfthndthrds at 2019-09-03 08:59 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

My grandmother was from Guydan. Old school French.

#8 | Posted by lfthndthrds at 2019-09-03 09:00 PM | Reply

"My grandmother was from Guydan. Old school French.

#8 | POSTED BY LFTHNDTHRDS "

I understand the older generation coonasses don't like that word. I've heard it means "whore". But the coonasses I knew all were proud to call themselves that.

#9 | Posted by goatman at 2019-09-03 09:01 PM | Reply

The old school French in Acadiana are some of the most proud people I ever met. They were poor but you'd have never known it. To listen to my grandmother, they were rich. I loved going back to the old home place with them when I was a kid. It was really interesting but seemed a little barbaric at the same time. I mean watching them boil a whole hog head down to make head cheese or seeing them stuff pillows with goose and duck down..

#10 | Posted by lfthndthrds at 2019-09-03 09:07 PM | Reply