Wednesday, September 04, 2019

The NFL's centennial season begins Thursday, an anniversary the league has already begun celebrating. Some observers believe that a true transformation of the sport's economics is only just starting now thanks to the advancing legalization of sports betting across the country. ... Much of the potential depends upon which states legalize and how quickly, especially populous ones like California, Texas and Florida. The NFL favors federal regulation to avoid this patchwork of state laws, but Congress doesn't appear motivated to act on sports betting anytime soon.

Comments

My fantasy team is looking pretty decent this year. Johson & Carson at RB, Cooks, Sanders, Goodwin at WR, Titans D, and even that not-great-for-fantasy-but-still-the-goat-goddamn-cheater Brady in at QB.

#1 | Posted by sitzkrieg at 2019-09-04 08:13 PM | Reply

Whyyyy, he was undrafted in both my leagues lol

#2 | Posted by GOnoles92 at 2019-09-04 08:41 PM | Reply

We just saw the set up for sports gaming at Chinook winds casino on the Oregon coast... the Jets were 100/1 to win a championship

#3 | Posted by 503jc69 at 2019-09-04 09:18 PM | Reply

Whyyyy, he was undrafted in both my leagues lol

#2 | POSTED BY GONOLES92 AT 2019-09-04 08:41 PM | REPLY

Run based offense, Gronk retirement.

I poached Luck's replacement late. If he works out I can swap out Brady or trade him for a decent TE.

#4 | Posted by sitzkrieg at 2019-09-05 08:31 AM | Reply

and points are points, the best QBs went early. The same people that scooped up the QBs early also took Kickers before round 10...

#5 | Posted by sitzkrieg at 2019-09-05 08:31 AM | Reply

Can bribing Refs and QBs be far behind?

#6 | Posted by TFDNihilist at 2019-09-05 12:29 PM | Reply

#3 | POSTED BY 503JC69

Thats almost a 5 hour drive for me but I know the place well.
They were working on their sports book when I was there in June.
I'm going to try and squeeze in another trip down there within a month or so.

#7 | Posted by aborted_monson at 2019-09-05 01:42 PM | Reply

Can bribing Refs and QBs be far behind?
#6 | POSTED BY TFDNIHILIST

Point shaving. Miss that meaningless field goal at the end of the game to totally ---- the spread...
(I've only watched a game in vegas a couple times, but the screams of anguish or joy to meaningless points are pretty amusing)

#8 | Posted by schifferbrains at 2019-09-05 01:49 PM | Reply

#5 | POSTED BY SITZKRIEG

I got Justin Tucker in both leagues for my K, QBs are Deshawn Watson (Philip Rivers on bench) and Matt Ryan (with Winston as bench), Ertz and Kelce as starting TEs in both leagues, and some solid WRs. I'm weakest at RB because I was slotted to draft toward the bottom in both leagues.

Kamara/ McCafree will be money for those who picked them, and those who picked Zeke in the 1st got real lucky IMO. Could've went sideways on them

#9 | Posted by GOnoles92 at 2019-09-05 03:08 PM | Reply

I've got #12 projected Brady vs #1 projected Mahomes but it's only a 3.2 point spread. I've got a good RB core with Johnson (Ari) + Carson (Sea) & above average WRs. I should finish in the top third barring a run of injuries. If Goodwin (SF) finally works out as a sleeper I'll have a really good year.

#10 | Posted by sitzkrieg at 2019-09-05 06:56 PM | Reply