Thursday, September 05, 2019

Democratic 2020 presidential candidate Marianne Williamson said her spiritual and principle-based campaign is meant to re-bond a country torn apart by President Donald Trump and an amoral economy. Williamson took on the "entrenched" political establishment and said principles which are inscribed in marble and on documents have been left to die in the American people themselves.

She also took aim at liberals, criticizing The New Yorker's David Remnick for characterizing her as a "crystal gazing kook" and an anti-vaxxer, both of which she denied.

"I know this sounds naive. I didn't think the Left was so mean," she said about her experience running for president has been. "I didn't think the Left lied like this. I thought the Right did that. I thought we were better." The next day, a shocked Williamson had to defend herself from an "overly secularized Left" attacking her for discussing prayer and the right of people of faith to belong in the Democratic Party.

Alternate links: Google News | Twitter

Marianne Williamson has now apparently gotten a healthy dose of reality about what the modern day Left looks like, and as the rest of us all know, it's not pretty.

Comments

Welcome to reality, sweetheart.

You could have figured this out by spending a few hours on the Retort.

#1 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2019-09-05 02:45 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

"I know this sounds naive.

It sounds naive because it is.

#2 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-09-05 02:51 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Nope.

#3 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2019-09-05 02:58 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

The woman claimed evidence that the "power of the mind" changed the course of Dorian.

#4 | Posted by RevDarko at 2019-09-05 03:09 PM | Reply

Now that's just mean!

-Marianne Williamson

#5 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2019-09-05 03:12 PM | Reply

Time to dig up every piece of dirt on her we can find, or manufacture it.

--The Left

#6 | Posted by nullifidian at 2019-09-05 03:13 PM | Reply

"Now that's just mean!"

Tell that to the suffering Bahamian people who just didn't think or pray hard enough. Now that's just mean.

#7 | Posted by danni at 2019-09-05 03:14 PM | Reply

"Time to dig up every piece of dirt on her we can find, or manufacture it.
--The Left"

No, it's just time for the serious candidates to move on without her.

#8 | Posted by danni at 2019-09-05 03:15 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Time to dig up every piece of dirt on her we can find, or manufacture it.
--The Left
#6 | POSTED BY NULLIFIDIAN

Like Birtherism?

#9 | Posted by rstybeach11 at 2019-09-05 03:20 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 3

The loonies on the left are the most hateful, bigoted, intolerant mob you've ever seen.

#10 | Posted by SheepleSchism at 2019-09-05 03:34 PM | Reply | Funny: 4 | Newsworthy 3

As far as deflections go, that was pretty crafty.

#11 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2019-09-05 03:35 PM | Reply

You could have figured this out by spending a few hours on the Retort.

#1 | POSTED BY RIGHTOCENTER

Yawn. You guys really are turning into a bunch of butthurt bigches.

#12 | Posted by jpw at 2019-09-06 01:59 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

Time to dig up every piece of dirt on her we can find, or manufacture it.

--The Left

#6 | POSTED BY NULLIFIDIAN

Time to support her because she played to my butthurt biases!

-nullischittian

#13 | Posted by jpw at 2019-09-06 02:01 AM | Reply

#10 | POSTED BY SHEEPLESCHISM

Yeah sure, sheepleivan.

#14 | Posted by jpw at 2019-09-06 02:02 AM | Reply

#12 | POSTED BY JPW

Out of ideas ... just misogynistic metaphors?

Figures... from the DR's one and only rageaholic....

#15 | Posted by AndreaMackris at 2019-09-06 02:23 AM | Reply | Funny: 1 | Newsworthy 4

Oh no!

Look how mean the left is!

I guess I'll become a Republican.

#16 | Posted by ClownShack at 2019-09-06 02:31 AM | Reply | Funny: 2

Out of ideas ... just misogynistic metaphors?

Ideas are wasted on you and your ilk.

#17 | Posted by jpw at 2019-09-06 10:47 AM | Reply

-Figures... from the DR's one and only rageaholic....

don't forget the drunken savage and reinshchit.

#18 | Posted by eberly at 2019-09-06 10:51 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Awww is Ebs joining the butthurt squad?

#19 | Posted by jpw at 2019-09-06 11:17 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

JPW, with all of the vitriol you're slinging around here, do you really think you should be lecturing anyone about being butthurt?

No, I'm joining any squad, unless it's to pile on some ------- for putting their foot in their mouth.

#20 | Posted by eberly at 2019-09-06 11:24 AM | Reply

not joining any squad

#21 | Posted by eberly at 2019-09-06 11:28 AM | Reply

Except mine has nothing to do with butthurt and everything to do with the constant dishonesty and lack of integrity by significant numbers of posters here.

I've stated that quite clearly on multiple occasions.

#22 | Posted by jpw at 2019-09-06 11:29 AM | Reply

perpetual disgust over "constant dishonesty and lack of integrity" IS butthurt.

so, you should stop lecturing anybody about it.

it's the cause for anybody who personally attacks folks on a regular basis on here....on either side.

you're quite pissed at folks here most of the time.

#23 | Posted by eberly at 2019-09-06 11:33 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 3

--you're quite pissed at folks here most of the time.

In Britain, "pissed" is slang for drunk.

Just sayin'

#24 | Posted by nullifidian at 2019-09-06 11:35 AM | Reply | Funny: 1 | Newsworthy 1

JPW is spiraling down to become the 5th member of the DR Left "Squad": CocoChiefSamIamTutMoses, AbortedMoron -------- and AngryDork...all idiotic vitriol and zero substance.

But I guess someone had to replace BoyDirkBadweekCooperStruan.

Sad.

#25 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2019-09-06 11:54 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

perpetual disgust over "constant dishonesty and lack of integrity" IS butthurt.

so, you should stop lecturing anybody about it

Actually it's exactly what you said it is, perpetual disgust over constant dishonesty and a lack of integrity.

It's quite simple actually.

#26 | Posted by jpw at 2019-09-06 11:58 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#25 it's telling that to you guys the problem lies with those calling out the dishonesty, not the turd flingers themselves.

Sad.

#27 | Posted by jpw at 2019-09-06 11:59 AM | Reply

"You still think trickle down works and that Repubs are good for the economy of the country at large."

That's not true at all. Unless of course you restrict the meaning of "country at large" to mean only them and others like them. Then you're 100% accurate. It's perfectly consistent with their Dear Leader's notion that l'tat est moi.

#28 | Posted by Hagbard_Celine at 2019-09-06 12:03 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

You are the turd flinger, JPW.

You are smarter than the rest of the DR Left Squad combined...act like it.

#29 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2019-09-06 12:13 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

You are the turd flinger, JPW.

No offense, but if you really think Nulli, sheeple and goat aren't the problem then you're an idiot.

Or do you think that's it's because "they disagree with me"?

#30 | Posted by jpw at 2019-09-06 12:32 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"aren't the problem then you're an idiot."

Either grow a pair or plonk them, your constant turd flinging on thread after thread is really tiresome.

#31 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2019-09-06 12:39 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

I plonked goat. Days ago.

BTW let me i is when you tell Nulli and sheeple that their turd flinging is tiresome. I want to see that LOL (yeah right)

#32 | Posted by jpw at 2019-09-06 12:41 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Btw it really is sad that you take greater offense to people throwing the turds back at the trolls than the trolls themselves.

Not sad in a crying way, sad in a "shake your head at how absurd it is" way. Why is that? Do you actually think their posts have that substance you're knocking me for lacking?

#33 | Posted by jpw at 2019-09-06 12:43 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Sore loserwoman.

#34 | Posted by aborted_monson at 2019-09-06 12:44 PM | Reply

I have in the past and will undoubtedly do so again in the future.

Lately I have noticed that their turd flinging is mostly prompted by you poopbombing a thread immediately after one of their posts.

#35 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2019-09-06 12:47 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"No, it's just time for the serious candidates to move on without her.

#8 | POSTED BY DANNI AT 2019-09-05 03:15 PM "

It's time for the rest of the democratic candidates to also engage in honest introspection of their party if they want to increase their chances of winning in 2020

#36 | Posted by goatman at 2019-09-06 12:56 PM | Reply

#35 | Posted by Rightocenter

You act as if the "knockdown with facts" wasn't tried.

They're not interested in facts or an honest discussion. So scratch that off your list.

As for ignoring them, try plonking goat, sheeple and nulli. See what the threads read like for just one day. Try it. Seriously.

#37 | Posted by jpw at 2019-09-06 12:59 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

I don't disagree with this, but let's be honest: The GOP is far meaner and more dishonest than Democrats have been since the Dixiecrats flipped parties in the late 60s.

Spot a trend there?

#38 | Posted by leftcoastlawyer at 2019-09-06 01:01 PM | Reply

"#33 | POSTED BY JPW AT 2019-09-06 12:43 PM "

Obviously the extreme irony of his 12 (1 out of every three) vitriol filled posts on this thread is completely lost on JPW. He is every bit as hateful as Williamson says the democrats are. And JPW responds with more hate by attacking other posters. LOL

"There are none so blind as those who will not see"

John Heywood

#39 | Posted by goatman at 2019-09-06 01:02 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

I plonked Snoofy, Corky, and Zed a couple of years ago right after the election when they were at their worst so I know how a thread can be disjointed. On the plus side, the threads were much shorter.

Once they calmed down the plonks came off and I now just ignore most of their inanity when it arises.

#40 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2019-09-06 01:08 PM | Reply

--If you disagree with their posts, knock them down with facts or ignore them...its not that hard.

The only argument he could knock down would be one related to rodent biology.

#41 | Posted by nullifidian at 2019-09-06 01:16 PM | Reply

Now you are just trying to bait him, which makes it worse and you just as much of a turd flinger.

You children both need to ignore each other or I will stop this car!

#42 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2019-09-06 01:25 PM | Reply

I have the rodent meister plonked. He can plonk me anytime he wants, and should do so. I would like to catch up with sheeple and goat.

#43 | Posted by nullifidian at 2019-09-06 01:30 PM | Reply

so I know how a thread can be disjointed.

I don't care about disjointed.

The threads become largely unreadable as 25-50% of it is now gone and another 25-45% of it is clearly addressing the holes.

It's basically made it quite clear that there are a few posters who seem to always be in the center of 90% of derailed threads but are the ones pointing fingers at everybody else. And most of this is entirely on the shoulders of a particularly prolific troll who for some ungodly reason was allowed to emerge from under his bridge recently.

That's all he has is turds to fling.

Look through his posting history and find the exchange about universities he had with Lamplighter. Lamp is one of the easiest posters to converse with and probably one of the best posters here and all he did was sneer at him when he asked for a link then pointed out a glaring inconsistency in Nulli's posts.

#44 | Posted by jpw at 2019-09-06 01:34 PM | Reply

"but let's be honest: The GOP is far meaner and more dishonest than Democrats have been since the Dixiecrats flipped parties in the late 60s."

I'm in no position to say one side is meaner than the other....but I can't disagree with you either.

dishonesty, misinformation, and outright savagery....the GOP is guilty as charged.

#45 | Posted by eberly at 2019-09-06 01:45 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#44 | POSTED BY JPW AT 2019-09-06 01:34 PM "

Um, I hate to be the one pointing the finger this time, big guy, buy you have 30% of the posts on this thread.

So count yourself as one of the posters "...who seem to always be in the center.."

Physician, heal thyself

#46 | Posted by goatman at 2019-09-06 01:49 PM | Reply

Like Old Whiney Snowflake, why don't you start a thread complaining to RCade why Goat was "allowed to emerge" and see how that works out for you.

Man up and ignore/plonk the irritants until you no longer need to lash out-13 of the 47 posts on this thread are you complaining about the righties that you can't stand.

#47 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2019-09-06 02:35 PM | Reply

Considering the internet tough guy role JPW loves to play, he sure does whine a lot.

#48 | Posted by goatman at 2019-09-06 02:49 PM | Reply

I posted how I felt about demanding an answer from rcade on that thread. Go back and read it if you want an answer to your stupid irrelevant question.

I tell you what, until you show me proof you've at least acknowledged the feces smearing of the small cadre of trolls that derails countless threads you can take your suggestions and shove them.

#49 | Posted by jpw at 2019-09-06 04:38 PM | Reply

See #42 and STFU you whiny bttch.

Have fun with your new buddies on the DR Left Squad, you have descended to their level of "intellect."

*plonk*

#50 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2019-09-06 04:43 PM | Reply

"The problem is the schitt smearers, not those that call them out ("lashing out" as you've so pathetically called it) for it.

#49 | POSTED BY JPW "

Physician, heal thyself.

Why can't JPW see himself in his accustations of others? He is the biggest ---- smearer. He whines about people dominating threads, yet he has dominated ths one with his hateful posts. It's almost as if he is looking in the mirror when he complains, but he doesn't understand he is looking at himself.

#51 | Posted by goatman at 2019-09-06 05:01 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

*plonk*

#50 | POSTED BY RIGHTOCENTER

Yawn.

So I'm down in the pit with Nulli, goat and sheeple then?

As for whiny bitch save me your sanctimonious hirseschitt.

You have no real argument against why I treat those schitt heaps appropriately just as you have made no real attempts at accurately describing or addressing the problem.

But go ahead and plonk me if it will make you feel better. I respond to your posts just fine without any vitriol, except when you for some ungodly reason throw your lot in with those wastes of carbon.

#52 | Posted by jpw at 2019-09-06 05:06 PM | Reply

#53 | Posted by jpw at 2019-09-06 05:06 PM | Reply

"I'll have to sign out and see what goatshart is yap yap yapping about at me heels.

#53 | POSTED BY JPW A"

As I keep saying, and you keep proving, you can plonk me, but you can't get me out of your head. LOL

What's the use of plonking me if you want to log out to see what I say? That is stupid.

#54 | Posted by goatman at 2019-09-06 05:08 PM | Reply

-I'll have to sign out and see what goatshart is yap yap yapping about at me heels.

The purpose of plonking someone is to NOT see their posts.

You have to be uninterested in them.

#55 | Posted by eberly at 2019-09-06 05:11 PM | Reply

--but you can't get me out of your head. LOL

True love is a beautiful thing.

www.youtube.com

#56 | Posted by nullifidian at 2019-09-06 05:19 PM | Reply

You have to be uninterested in them.

LOL I just want to see how giant a hypocrite he's being.

But I won't because I'm not feeding that troll today.

#57 | Posted by jpw at 2019-09-06 05:25 PM | Reply

"LOL I just want to see how giant a hypocrite he's being."

You plonk be because you don't want to see what I'm doing, but you logout to see what I'm doing.

LOL

Face it, you can't live without me, jpw. And thanks for admitting it.

#58 | Posted by goatman at 2019-09-06 05:28 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

("lashing out" as you've so pathetically called it) for it.- #49 | Posted by jpw at 2019-09-06 04:38 PM
I respond to your posts just fine without any vitriol, except when you for some ungodly reason throw your lot in with those wastes of carbon. #52 | Posted by jpw at 2019-09-06 05:06 PM

I'm not saying that JPW is a moron, but they do a remarkably good and consistent impression of being one.

#59 | Posted by Avigdore at 2019-09-07 11:15 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"wastes of carbon" = "without any vitriol"

In the same post even. Amazing.

#60 | Posted by nullifidian at 2019-09-07 11:20 AM | Reply

wastes of carbon" = "without any vitriol"

In the same post even. Amazing.

Except RoC isn't the waste of carbon.

Try again.