Friday, September 06, 2019

FALL RIVER, Mass. (WPRI) " Fall River Mayor Jasiel Correia was arrested for the second time in less than a year on Friday morning, accused by federal prosecutors of trying to extort hundreds of thousands of dollars from marijuana vendors. "He has essentially run that town as a pay-to-play institution," Massachusetts U.S. Attorney Andrew Lelling told reporters, adding that the investigation is not over.

Comments

"Correia, a Democrat, was first elected in 2015 at the age of just 23. "Six months after being sworn in as mayor, he sold his office," said Joseph Bonavolonta, special agent in charge of the Boston FBI office."

Styled after 'The Clinton Method'.

#1 | Posted by SheepleSchism at 2019-09-06 07:23 PM | Reply

#2 | Posted by nullifidian at 2019-09-06 07:28 PM | Reply

"I think I'll break into my stash tonight for the first time in a year, to toast the FBI for a job well done.

#2 | POSTED BY NULLIFIDIAN "

My son gave me a Colorado joint he bought legally. I've had it for three months. I haven't smoked pot in 2 years at least. And even then it was one hit and I was buzzing.

I took a hit off of it during the hurricane and went outside and sat in it on the deck when it was max at my location. Pretty cool buzz. That joint will probably last me two more years at the rate I smoke.

#3 | Posted by goatman at 2019-09-06 08:01 PM | Reply

--And even then it was one hit and I was buzzing.

Tolerance increases after a month or two of abstinence. One way of stretching your stash. One hit from my vape is enough. It might last forever at my rate of use.

#4 | Posted by nullifidian at 2019-09-06 08:42 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"He has essentially run that town as a pay-to-play institution"

Ah, yes.
The very thing right-wingers are always clamoring for:
Running government like a business.

#5 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-09-07 02:11 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#5 business and extortion aren't the same thing but you knew that already.

#6 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-09-09 09:35 AM | Reply