Saturday, September 07, 2019

President Donald Trump's aides and confidants are growing more and more worried about his mental state after days of erratic behavior, wild outbursts, and bizarre fixations. "No one knows what to expect from him anymore," said one former White House official.

Alternate links: Google News | Twitter

Comments

*"His mood changes from one minute to the next based on some headline or tweet, and the next thing you know his entire schedule gets tossed out the window because he's losing his s---," one former White House official, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss internal conversations about the president, told Insider.

*Trump has spent the past several days fixated on his false claim that Alabama was going to be hit by Hurricane Dorian. He has also taken time to lob attacks at his perceived enemies, like the actress Debra Messing, former FBI Director James Comey, and the "LameStream media."

*"He's deteriorating in plain sight," one Republican strategist who is in frequent contact with the White House told Insider on Friday.
But one person who was close to Trump's legal team during the Russia investigation told Insider his public statements were "nothing compared to what he's like behind closed doors."

*"He's like a bull seeing red," this person added. "There's just no getting through to him, and you can kiss your plans for the day goodbye because you're basically stuck looking after a 4-year-old now."

*"People are used to the president saying things that aren't true, but this Alabama stuff is another story," the former official said. "This was the president sending out patently false information about a national-emergency situation as it was unfolding."

This is reporting from Business Insider, not the DCCC daily email. History will document what happens during these times. Hope I'm around long enough to read about the inevitable details.

#1 | Posted by tonyroma at 2019-09-07 10:59 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

25th amendment time.

Get that loser out of there.

#2 | Posted by jpw at 2019-09-07 11:52 AM | Reply

Somebody close to Trump is going to have to take one for the nation and record one of his alleged off-the-hook rants and make it public. If these reports are anywhere close to the truth, it shouldn't be that hard to accomplish unless Trump's banned everyone else's electronics from being around him inside the Oval and WH.

#3 | Posted by tonyroma at 2019-09-07 12:04 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Yes, there will be an inarguable crisis due to Donald's poor mental health at some point. Someone is going to lose a lot of money and other people will lose their lives. It's just a matter of time.

#4 | Posted by Zed at 2019-09-07 12:50 PM | Reply

After Trump I want the NSA to have microphones everywhere in the White House. After 50 years, make it all public. All of it.

#5 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-09-07 03:01 PM | Reply

trump started out mentally ill, now he's getting senile.

#6 | Posted by Alexandrite at 2019-09-07 03:11 PM | Reply

So glad this was posted again. It deserves serious discussion.

Nobody could have anticipated, right RCADE? You got 98 nooner-type attack back and forths, with only 2 comments on the topic.

Thats 2 out of 100. Are you happy with that?

#7 | Posted by oldwhiskeysour at 2019-09-07 03:24 PM | Reply

This isn't a shock to anyone but the (R)tard population.

#8 | Posted by aborted_monson at 2019-09-07 04:09 PM | Reply

"The first thread up about Trump's mental demise wound up a Goatman deflection/defecation party which completely derailed and ignored the substance of the article.
Thats 2 out of 100. Are you happy with that?

POSTED BY OLDWHISKEYSOUR ""

WAAAAAAAH!

DId you happen to notice who actually derailed with a name calling post about me? Hint: It wasn't me. Yes, I replied, but I didn't' derail it. And after that, it takes two to tango.

Stop your crying, and if you are going to complain about people derailing threads, make sure you call the right people out.

And quit obsessing over me. It's creepy as hell.

#9 | Posted by goatman at 2019-09-08 10:23 AM | Reply

As far as metal illness or physical miladies go, we has had Lincoln, (who has a life long battle with depression), Kennedy,(who was in constant pain when he wasn't taking some strong pain meds),Wilson,(who had a stroke) FDR,(who was literally dying when he was reelected in '44), Regan's slow decline into the long goodbye, Clinton's VD, Etc.
I think y'all will have to wait for the election. The Russia-gate wore people out with it's ceaseless hype, ending up to be nothing and it seriously damaged Trump's opponent's credibility. Say something often enough, it doesn't become the truth, it just becomes noise.
I expect that Trump will be reelected, the Democrats are distracted with a man, not policy or solutions. Most of what they are floating as ideals in their town halls are insane. Everyone in that clown car can only turn left, which is a problem, as it leaves the clown car going in circles not making any progress.

#10 | Posted by docnjo at 2019-09-08 10:57 AM | Reply

#10 | Posted by docnjo

Said while ignoring the log in your own eye, no doubt.

#11 | Posted by jpw at 2019-09-08 11:15 AM | Reply

"...the Democrats are distracted with a man, not policy or solutions.

#10 | POSTED BY DOCNJO AT 2019-09-08 10:57 AM "

BINGO! We have a winner!

#12 | Posted by goatman at 2019-09-08 11:21 AM | Reply

#10 | Posted by docnjo at 201

There will be an inarguable crisis due to Donald's poor mental health at some point. Someone is going to lose a lot of money and other people will lose their lives. It's just a matter of time.

Trump's madness is no sort of abstract problem. Interesting you equate it with "policy". A rabid dog's hydrophobia is inseparable from it's "policy".

#13 | Posted by Zed at 2019-09-08 11:31 AM | Reply

So, yes. Trump is going to kill someone. There is an argument to be made that he's already done this, more or less indirectly. What I'm talking about here is Trump's sweaty palms all over some metaphorical weapon. Or an actual weapon, if my experience with narcissists is any guide. If we're lucky he only kills Melania then himself.

#14 | Posted by Zed at 2019-09-08 11:33 AM | Reply

...Not my fault, they made me shht tank the thread...Goatman.

I havnt mentioned you for quite a while, Plonc-bait. Cause you are creepy as hell. KMA.

#15 | Posted by oldwhiskeysour at 2019-09-08 03:51 PM | Reply

"#12
...Not my fault, they made me shht tank the thread...Goatman.

#15 | POSTED BY OLDWHISKEYSOUR "

???

Agreeing on a point another poster made is "---- tanking" the thread?

You clearly derailed this thread in post #7. The first 6 posts were on topic until you came and hijacked it. I didn't say a word to you, yet you chose to attack me in a post that was all about me and had nothing to do with the thread. Why did you hijack the thread?

Jesus christ, OWS, get a grip on yourself. Your GDS is clearly out of control.

#16 | Posted by goatman at 2019-09-08 04:01 PM | Reply

Haha, "metal illness" and "physical miladies" made me chuckle.

#17 | Posted by Ottodog at 2019-09-08 07:17 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

Piss off, Hop-a-long.

#18 | Posted by oldwhiskeysour at 2019-09-09 12:10 AM | Reply

Piss off, Hop-a-long.

#18 | POSTED BY OLDWHISKEYSOUR AT 2019-09-09 12:10 "

Ouch. Looks like someone doesn't like being called out with facts. You hijacked the thread in post 7. Own it.

#19 | Posted by goatman at 2019-09-09 01:13 AM | Reply

Here's anticipating Trump makes a self-aggrandizing hash out of 911 commemorations. I want to hear more about Doral.

#20 | Posted by Zed at 2019-09-09 08:56 AM | Reply

Already a thread on the front page.

Rcade - please merge this with the thread on the front page.

#21 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-09-09 09:33 AM | Reply

Rcade, please do not merge the threads.

The thread on the front page contains over 100 goatman vs the world 'slap fight' comments, which are completely devoid of comments relative to the subject of the thread.

Just like the good old days, eh, RCADE?. No one could have anticipated...

Jeff, f you want to copy and paste the very few comments relative to the topic from the other thread, and add them to this thread, it would spare serious readers the deflection/defecation wear and tear. Otherwise, please dont merge the two.

The other thread should be relegated to the Nooner.

#22 | Posted by oldwhiskeysour at 2019-09-09 11:35 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Piss off, Hop-a-long.
#18 | POSTED BY OLDWHISKEYSOUR

"...which are completely devoid of comments relative to the subject of the thread."
#22 | POSTED BY OLDWHISKEYSOUR

...low sugar.

#23 | Posted by SheepleSchism at 2019-09-09 11:45 AM | Reply

#22, I plonked Goatman and it has been so much easier to read, albeit I have to skim across all the replies that troll receives. It is amazing they still waste the time to respond to him.

#24 | Posted by justagirl_idaho at 2019-09-09 12:25 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 3

--I plonked Goatman and it has been so much easier to read,

Good idea. I plonked 3 trolls and the retort is much improved. Have a couple more candidates for my killfile in mind.

#25 | Posted by nullifidian at 2019-09-09 12:35 PM | Reply

some folks just can't help themselves. They lack the discipline to go through with it.

They'd rather piss and moan about him instead.

#26 | Posted by eberly at 2019-09-09 12:43 PM | Reply

"...I plonked 3 trolls and the retort is much improved." - #25 | Posted by nullifidian at 2019-09-09 12:35 PM

nullifidian, 19 plonks
Apparently, there are quite a few people - 19, to be exact - who feel the exact same way.

#27 | Posted by Hans at 2019-09-09 12:51 PM | Reply

"Apparently, there are quite a few accounts,- 19 to be exact, which may or may not be represented by different people - who have plonked Nulli"

FT

#28 | Posted by eberly at 2019-09-09 12:55 PM | Reply

#28 | Posted by eberly at 2019-09-09 12:55 PM

That's a hell of a lot of trouble, creating multiple accounts just to plonk someone.

So, eb, how many of my 9 plonks are actually nulli's under different DR accounts ("...which may or may not be represented by different people...")?

You want to try that rationalization on sniper's 39 plonks?

Or goatman's 33?

#29 | Posted by Hans at 2019-09-09 01:03 PM | Reply

so....I don't know why that happened. I don't how it happened but it's obvious why...someone went through "a hell of a lot of trouble" to plonk folks.

IIRC, at the time those plonk figures were very high...YOU were repeating them more than everyone else here.

and here you are bringing it up again........you asked for a rationalization.....

#30 | Posted by eberly at 2019-09-09 01:12 PM | Reply

You want to try that rationalization on sniper's 39 plonks?

#29 | POSTED BY HANS AT 2019-09-09 01:03 PM |

Wasn't he in the 40's just a couple of months ago?

Also, the number of plonks can be a bit deceiving. Zatoichi still shows up with plonks. He's dead and even before he died he hadn't posted here in years.

I'm wondering how many plonks are from people who haven't posted here in years.

Granted, the things I'm citing apply to everybody so the numbers still do paint a picture.

#31 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-09-09 01:20 PM | Reply

Zat died?

Anyone know what happened to his BMW 2002?

#32 | Posted by JOE at 2019-09-09 01:23 PM | Reply

"we had a spike in plonks a while back...some folks had 50+ plonks....it got noticed and then after it was addressed by the boss, the number of plonks dropped down to very small numbers again...someone went through "a hell of a lot of trouble" to plonk folks." - #30 | Posted by eberly at 2019-09-09 01:12 PM

Yep.

And our host identified a single user who did that and deleted the accounts he/she created for just that purpose. And, as a consequence, the number of plonks across the board "dropped down to very small numbers again."

And, once again, do you want to try that absurd rationalization on sniper's 39 plonks?

Or goatman's 33?

#33 | Posted by Hans at 2019-09-09 01:26 PM | Reply

"Also, the number of plonks can be a bit deceiving. Zatoichi still shows up with plonks." - #31 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-09-09 01:20 PM

So does briwo, who died well before Zat.

I'm pretty sure that our host doesn't delete plonks just because someone has died... or not posted in a long time, for that matter.

Zat's and briwo's plonk count simply reflect the number of plonks they received before they left this astral plane.

#34 | Posted by Hans at 2019-09-09 01:30 PM | Reply

-So, once again, how many of my 9 plonks are actually there because of a single user who created multiple accounts in order to artificially inflate that number?

I can't imagine 9 posters here who would plonk you, Hans.

#35 | Posted by eberly at 2019-09-09 01:33 PM | Reply

"Zat died?" - #32 | Posted by JOE at 2019-09-09 01:23 PM

Sadly, yes he did, Joe.

If memory serves our host asked for - and received - permission to post his obit (or something to that effect) and it garnered quite a few RIP posts, not to mention more than one "Happy Extinction" post.

As for his 2002, he actually sold that long before he even arrived on the DR scene. He loved to tell the story about purchasing the first one in Texas back in 1970 (or 1971).

#36 | Posted by Hans at 2019-09-09 01:35 PM | Reply

#36 | POSTED BY HANS

Yep. He replaced the 2002 with a 911 Carrera 4S.

#37 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-09-09 01:38 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"I have zero doubts that some of those are not real people expressing a desire to hide your posts." - #35 | Posted by eberly at 2019-09-09 01:33 PM

Not exactly sure why one (or two, or whatever) posters would create multiple DR accounts here (and all the hassle that would entail) just so my posts are hidden from their "real" DR account and their "fake" account(s), too.

But thanks for that kind view of my plonks, eb.

#38 | Posted by Hans at 2019-09-09 01:38 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"Or goatman's 33?

#33 | POSTED BY HANS AT 2019-09-09 01:26 PM "

Looks like I've found a new head to live in. Just as before my banishment, Hans can't quit talking about me, even though I don't address him.

I just care fore the echo in this particular head though.

And thanks again for reminding us who the snowflakes of the DR are.

#39 | Posted by goatman at 2019-09-09 06:11 PM | Reply

#35 | POSTED BY EBERLY"

I am 99% certain a large fraction of mine are sock puppets. And I know who the originator of them is. If not, the odds of many of them happening when and how they did are astronomical.

Knd of saddens me in a way because I like to knowing how thin skinned proggies are, and there aren't as many as I wish.

#40 | Posted by goatman at 2019-09-09 06:14 PM | Reply