Monday, September 09, 2019

Kamala Harris apologized on Saturday for her response to a rallygoer calling President Donald Trump's actions "mentally retarded" at a campaign event, saying that she didn't hear the slur.

Comments

No compassion whatsoever. You know that her baby oven is broken.

#1 | Posted by SheepleSchism at 2019-09-08 12:25 AM | Reply

When you throw in with the new Red Guards, the SJW mob, you have to watch every word. They demand daily displays of ideological purity. In another time and place, the Red Guards would have put a dunce hat on her and paraded her in front of angry mobs.

#2 | Posted by nullifidian at 2019-09-08 09:23 AM | Reply

"Mentally Retarded" is a direct literal term. Folks need to get off their horse.

#3 | Posted by TFDNihilist at 2019-09-08 10:11 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

This is pretty retarded.

#4 | Posted by jpw at 2019-09-08 10:44 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

I have no qualms about using the word "------" or "------ed" towards people who act a certain way when they should know better. I've often said that political elections are usually a contest between dumb and dumber, but 2016 was a choice between Mount Dumberest and Full ------.

But if you're going to use that term, you should stand by it and not be a frakking hypocrite who laughs at it with one crowd, and then feigns shock, outrage and an apology with another. Harris is a hypocrite and a coward.

And I'll say it again, using the word "dotard" in this context is also another cowardly way of saying the same thing, while pretending you're not.

#5 | Posted by sentinel at 2019-09-08 10:48 AM | Reply

No, dotard has a specific meaning that fits Trump perfectly.

#6 | Posted by jpw at 2019-09-08 10:59 AM | Reply

Harris apologizes for laughing at ableist slur

I laughed ~

Not because I have antipathy toward disabled people -- I don't.

I laughed because it's making fun of Donald Trump, who deserves all the ridicule that can be mustered and aimed his way.

#7 | Posted by PinchALoaf at 2019-09-08 11:12 AM | Reply

"No, dotard has a specific meaning that fits Trump perfectly."

So does ------. It makes no sense that certain people would spaz out over one term but not the other.

#8 | Posted by sentinel at 2019-09-08 11:19 AM | Reply

I laughed ~
Not because I have antipathy toward disabled people -- I don't.

#7 | POSTED BY PINCHALOAF

The SJW crowd has become so rabid that people can't say anything any more.

#9 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-09-09 09:08 AM | Reply

#3 | POSTED BY TFDNIHILIST AT 2019-09-08 10:11 AM | REPLY

It's called the Euphemism Treadmill.

"Retardation was first used in the psychiatric sense in 1895, and eventually replaced older terms " once neutral themselves " like moron, imbecile, idiot, feeble-minded and cretin." "The new term was subdivided into degrees of mild, moderate and severe mental retardation. These new technical terms were no doubt welcomed by those affected, as the previous names were being used as derogatory insults (as indeed they still are)."

"Since that time retardation has been gradually replaced by a variety of more acceptable (at least for now) terms including mentally handicapped, mentally impaired, mentally challenged, intellectually challenged, intellectually disabled, learning disabled, and developmentally disabled. The last two of course are broader terms that include other conditions not covered by the meaning of mental retardation."

As handicapped and disabled increasingly become slurs, the terms will move on to something else so people don't feel bad about them.

It's a never-ending cycle.

#10 | Posted by sitzkrieg at 2019-09-09 09:19 AM | Reply

-It makes no sense that certain people would spaz out over one term but not the other.

Come on now...it makes total sense.

Issues like this reveal the hypocrisy and lack of objectivity people really have.

Hatred for one person excuses virtually everything.

#11 | Posted by eberly at 2019-09-09 09:22 AM | Reply

Such prominence.

#12 | Posted by fresno500 at 2019-09-09 02:51 PM | Reply

Cancel Culture!

#13 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-09-09 02:51 PM | Reply

I like Harris, but I must say I felt bad for Sniper when I read about this.

#14 | Posted by mOntecOre at 2019-09-09 03:19 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

The SJW crowd has become so rabid that people can't say anything any more.

Saying people you don't like or think are stupid are "mentally retarded" has been frowned upon for well over a decade now. Granted i still say it, but I acknowledge reality.

#15 | Posted by JOE at 2019-09-09 03:21 PM | Reply

So she gets to be president now right?

Young Treezy (Trump's rap name) took this one step further:

www.washingtonpost.com

Don't sleep on Meryl Streep y'all.

#16 | Posted by LostAngeles at 2019-09-09 04:04 PM | Reply

Young Treezy (Trump's rap name)

Olde Tweezy....

#17 | Posted by tonyroma at 2019-09-09 04:13 PM | Reply

Of all the things going on.. to spend critical national news coverage on this is retarded

#18 | Posted by 503jc69 at 2019-09-09 05:58 PM | Reply

What was wrong with the original headline? Is the word ableist now offensive?

#19 | Posted by sentinel at 2019-09-09 06:53 PM | Reply

Can we stick a fork in her now? Damn it married Willie Brown, I said a FORK...pull your pants back up.

#20 | Posted by iragoldberg at 2019-09-09 07:57 PM | Reply

Lol what a ------

#21 | Posted by dialate at 2019-09-09 11:52 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

#15 | POSTED BY JOE

I understand that. It doesn't change the fact that this hyper-SJW crap is retarded.

#22 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-09-10 09:17 AM | Reply

No compassion whatsoever. You know that her baby oven is broken.

#1 | POSTED BY SHEEPLESCHISM

Says the guy defending Trump at every opportunity...

#23 | Posted by Sycophant at 2019-09-10 02:14 PM | Reply

Trump's not mentally retarded. His supporters sure are though.

#24 | Posted by SpeakSoftly at 2019-09-10 05:22 PM | Reply

I don't care. I just wish the bitch would quit spamming me. She's the ------ if she thinks this ingratiates me to her and makes me want to vote for her.

#25 | Posted by goatman at 2019-09-10 09:34 PM | Reply

BITCH, ------?

Better renew your Psychology Today subscription.

Reading is fundamental.

You're welcome.

Lol

#26 | Posted by bruceaz at 2019-09-10 09:53 PM | Reply

"BITCH, ------?
Better renew your Psychology Today subscription.
Reading is fundamental.
You're welcome.
Lol

#26 | POSTED BY BRUCEAZ AT 2019-09-10 09:53 PM "

I'm not directing that to anyone here, but fair enough. However you need to learn what the qualifier "if" means when used in a sentence. Reading is fundamental, as you say.

#27 | Posted by goatman at 2019-09-10 09:58 PM | Reply

Ok, she's just a bitch and may be a ------.

Better luck next time.

Lol

#28 | Posted by bruceaz at 2019-09-10 10:01 PM | Reply

"Ok, she's just a bitch and may be a ------."

Exactly. And I hope the bitch puts you on her spam list.

#29 | Posted by goatman at 2019-09-10 10:05 PM | Reply