Monday, September 09, 2019

President Trump's campaign manager Brad Parscale told a crowd at the California Republican Party Convention Saturday that California is the leading state for donations. This announcement was made to Republican delegates and guests gearing up for the 2020 election year at a convention in Indian Wells, California. "There may not be a ton of you, but the ones we have are warriors," said Parscale who worked on President Trumps 2016 campaign as the digital advisor. He also helped launch America First Policies, a non-profit that promotes the President's agendas, and led digital strategies for the Republican National Committee.

Comments

Honestly didn't see that coming.

#1 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2019-09-09 12:27 PM | Reply

There are more republicans in California than in most red states....some have some big bucks.

Trump isn't getting California no matter what...but he can raise money and spend it in Ohio, NC, Florida, Wisc, etc...

#2 | Posted by eberly at 2019-09-09 12:35 PM | Reply

this thread just made me stupider.

commenter 1 doesn't need to worry about that. he leads with a declaration of incompetence.

#3 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2019-09-09 02:40 PM | Reply

Indian Wells is in Palm Springs/Palm Desert area, where snowbirds own multi-million dollar homes in gated golf course communities they spend one month a year in. There's over 100 golf courses in the Coachella Valley. It's a desert terraformed mostly into golf courses.

#4 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-09-09 02:48 PM | Reply

this thread just made me stupider.

#3 | POSTED BY BRUCEBANNER AT 2019-09-09 02:40 PM

Impossible.

#5 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2019-09-09 04:04 PM | Reply

#6 | Posted by goatman at 2019-09-09 06:19 PM | Reply

"Could it be Californians are finally saying enough is enough when it comes to exteme social policies, high taxes, sanctuary cities and human ---- in the streets?"

More likely, the wealthy want more federal tax cuts.

#7 | Posted by Danforth at 2019-09-09 06:29 PM | Reply

Eberly nailed it on post #2.

California is the richest state of the nation.

It has more Republicans than most red states.

These Republicans donate to the RNC, because their money is used in other states.

Trump won't win California.

But he will use some of that money to campaign with, and pocket the rest of it.

#8 | Posted by ClownShack at 2019-09-09 06:34 PM | Reply

"and pocket the rest of it."

Aw, c'mon...Melania's friend will get some, too!

#9 | Posted by Danforth at 2019-09-09 06:35 PM | Reply

"But he will use some of that money to campaign with, and pocket the rest of it.

POSTED BY CLOWNSHACK "

Why would he risk getting caught stealing 0.034% his net worth?

#10 | Posted by goatman at 2019-09-09 06:37 PM | Reply

Why would he risk getting caught stealing 0.034% his net worth?
#10 | POSTED BY GOATMAN

Because, he did before, he got away with it, it's Trump.

Trump Has Now Shifted $1.3 Million Of Campaign-Donor Money Into His Business

How Donald Trump Shifted $1.1M Of Campaign-Donor Money Into His Business

DONALD TRUMP REPORTEDLY USED CAMPAIGN DONATIONS TO PAY HIMSELF $8.2 MILLION

#11 | Posted by ClownShack at 2019-09-09 06:44 PM | Reply

"0.034% his net worth?"

www.rawstory.com

#12 | Posted by Danforth at 2019-09-09 06:44 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Three reasons why Trump won't reveal his tax returns.

1) He's not as rich as he says he is.

2) He loses a lot of money.

3) He has borrowed a lot of money.

#13 | Posted by ClownShack at 2019-09-09 06:47 PM | Reply

"David Cay Johnston, Pulitzer Prize winning reporter, says there's no proof Trump has ever been a billionaire:
www.rawstory.com

#12 | POSTED BY DANFORTH "

Forbes, who is an expert at ascertaining these things, says differently. You believe Raw Story, I'll believe Forbes .

#14 | Posted by goatman at 2019-09-09 06:48 PM | Reply

"1) He's not as rich as he says he is.
2) He loses a lot of money.
3) He has borrowed a lot of money.

POSTED BY CLOWNSHACK "

Call me silly, but I'll believe Forbes over an anonymous TDS afflicted blogger.

#15 | Posted by goatman at 2019-09-09 06:49 PM | Reply

Trump's net worth

www.forbes.com

#16 | Posted by goatman at 2019-09-09 06:51 PM | Reply

"You believe Raw Story"

#17 | Posted by Danforth at 2019-09-09 06:52 PM | Reply

"I believe the New York reporter who's been on this story for decades and won a Pulitzer Prize for reporting.

POSTED BY DANFORTH "

Good. You believe a journalist. I'll believe economists and financial experts.

Are we through here?

#18 | Posted by goatman at 2019-09-09 06:54 PM | Reply

I'll believe Forbes
#15 | POSTED BY GOATMAN

Well. That's good. Because two of the three links I provided in #11 are about Trump pocketing campaign contributions.

And as you put it:

Why would he risk getting caught stealing 0.034% his net worth?
#10 | POSTED BY GOATMAN

#19 | Posted by ClownShack at 2019-09-09 06:56 PM | Reply

"#19 | POSTED BY CLOWNSHACK "

I support your right to express an opinion, but you being a proven TDS sufferer can have little influence on thinking people. (yes, go ahead and make the stupid little jab you are dying to do)

#20 | Posted by goatman at 2019-09-09 06:58 PM | Reply

"Because, either he's not as rich as you believe him to be, or he has a mental illness which causes him to steal money.

#19 | POSTED BY CLOWNSHACK "

Forbes disagrees and I believe them over a TDS sufferer.

#21 | Posted by goatman at 2019-09-09 07:02 PM | Reply

#22 | Posted by JOE at 2019-09-09 07:03 PM | Reply

#20 | POSTED BY GOATMAN

Regardless.

Trump pocketed campaign contributions, Forbes links in #11.

You asked, why would he need to steal such a small (relative to his net worth) amount of money?

It was pointed out by Danforth, Trump might be exaggerating his wealth. Which, would explain his desire to steal campaign contributions. It would also explain why he refuses to release his tax returns.

#23 | Posted by ClownShack at 2019-09-09 07:06 PM | Reply

"I'll believe Forbes"

Good. Because three months after your article, Forbes admitted they fell for Trump's ruse, and re-pegged his net worth at $500 million.
www.forbes.com

So both Forbes and Johnston say Trump's not a billionaire. What say you?

#24 | Posted by Danforth at 2019-09-09 07:09 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Forbes disagrees
#21 | POSTED BY GOATMAN

They don't disagree or agree.

They provide information.

Your Forbes links report his net worth.

My Forbes links report on him stealing campaign contributions.

You posed the question, why would a billionaire steal a few million dollars.

The rest are guesses by you, me and Dan as to why.

#25 | Posted by ClownShack at 2019-09-09 07:11 PM | Reply

"Forbes, who is an expert at ascertaining these things..."

Admitted they'd been had.

#26 | Posted by Danforth at 2019-09-09 07:12 PM | Reply

--The 4.5 Million Californians who voted for Trump in 2016 are effectively silenced by the electoral college.

As a Californian, it doesn't bother me. I support the federal republic established by the founders.

#27 | Posted by nullifidian at 2019-09-09 07:13 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

From the Forbes link in #16:

From February 2019

Trump's Net Worth: $1.47 billion.

From the Forbes link in #24:

From May 8, 2019

If our estimates are substantially correct " and we think they are generous " Donald Trump's current net worth is about $500 million.

If Trump's net worth is about $500 million, then stealing a couple million from campaign contributions makes more sense.

#28 | Posted by ClownShack at 2019-09-09 07:17 PM | Reply

""Forbes, who is an expert at ascertaining these things..."
Admitted they'd been had.

#26 | POSTED BY DANFORTH "

LOL You didn't read the full story, did you? They are talking about Trump 1989. And yes, they admitted in 1989 they had been had.

Again, you believe what you want. And I do agree with the 30 year old story. But I'll also stay with Forbe's February 2019 story.

#29 | Posted by goatman at 2019-09-09 07:18 PM | Reply

I remember that one.
Why would I steal from government, I'm already filthy rich!

#30 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-09-09 07:18 PM | Reply

"From May 8, 2019"

is when they reprined the 1989 story. Read the whole thing, clownshack.

Do you really think Trump lost $3 billion in 3 months while president and it didn't get reported?

TDS sure ----- up a person's cognitive skills.

#31 | Posted by goatman at 2019-09-09 07:20 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Goat,

You're missing one very important line from the Forbes linked article in #24:

Based on this article, which was released 3 months after the one linked in #16, Trump's current net worth is about $500 million.

#32 | Posted by ClownShack at 2019-09-09 07:23 PM | Reply

FTA: (the beginning of it, not to mention he date on the pictured magazine cover and dates cited in the story)

"Here, Forbes republishes the 1990 magazine story, putting it online for all to read:"

TDS sure makes people blind.

I'm through with y'all. There is no reasoning with TDS people, even when the very print is shoved in their face. Believe that the 1990 article is from this year. I don't care. TDS has y'all all messed up.

#33 | Posted by goatman at 2019-09-09 07:26 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Do you really think Trump lost $3 billion in 3 months

No, but the question isn't did Trump lose 3 billion, its, did he ever have $3 billion in the first place.

And if he does, why has he been caught repeatedly stealing millions from campaign contributions?

I guess being a billionaire doesn't preclude one from stealing a few million.

But. That was the question you brought up.

#34 | Posted by ClownShack at 2019-09-09 07:27 PM | Reply

"What say you?

#24 | POSTED BY DANFORTH "

#35 | Posted by goatman at 2019-09-09 07:36 PM | Reply

"From May 8, 2019

#28 | POSTED BY CLOWNSHACK "

Actually, that quote is from May 1990, not May 2019.

Reading is fundamental.

#36 | Posted by goatman at 2019-09-09 07:41 PM | Reply

"I say that TDS has you so messed up that you actually believe an almost thirty year old story was published this year."

What is it about the word "current" you don't understand? In May 2019, Forbes, who you said you'd believe, pegged Trump's CURRENT net worth at $500 million.

#37 | Posted by Danforth at 2019-09-09 07:42 PM | Reply

"Actually, that quote is from May 1990"

You're right; and I was wrong. My apologies.

#38 | Posted by Danforth at 2019-09-09 07:45 PM | Reply

"What is it about the word "current" you don't understand?"

I apologize for that, too.

#39 | Posted by Danforth at 2019-09-09 07:46 PM | Reply

Yeah, Clown missed this as well:

#40 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2019-09-09 07:48 PM | Reply

I realized that when you pointed it out in #33.

Either way, this entire discussion was based on you wondering why a billionaire would steal a couple million.

Which goes back to my original statement, Trump will use some of the money he gets from Californian Republicans to campaign with, and pocket the rest of it. Which the Forbes articles in #11 confirms Trump has a habit of doing.

Now we're back to discussing the topic of the thread again.

Hooray!

#41 | Posted by ClownShack at 2019-09-09 07:50 PM | Reply

Clown missed this as well:
#40 | POSTED BY RIGHTOCENTER

Oh look, the peanut gallery has arrived.

Looks like this conversation, which never really got started, is over.

#42 | Posted by ClownShack at 2019-09-09 07:51 PM | Reply

It's more of a walnut gallery, Clown.

If you are going to be dismissive at least get your terminology right.

Sheesh!

#43 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-09-09 07:55 PM | Reply

It's more of a walnut gallery, Clown.

Sorry, Jeff.

If this is an insult, I'm not getting it, and if this is a joke, I'm not getting it.

But. I do love walnuts. Probably my favorite nut, followed by the almond and the pistachio. Cashews then the hazelnut/filbert. I don't particularly care for pecans, brazil, or macadamia nuts.

I feel like I'm forgetting a couple nuts, but there are plenty here on the DR.

#44 | Posted by ClownShack at 2019-09-09 08:01 PM | Reply

"Which goes back to my original statement, Trump will use some of the money he gets from Californian Republicans to campaign with, and pocket the rest of it. "

Which gets back to my original question: Why would someone risk taking a relatively paltry amount which is a small fraction of his net worth? That would be like me holding up a bank for $20. It wouldn't be worth the risk of getting ccauht.

#45 | Posted by goatman at 2019-09-09 08:05 PM | Reply

It was a light- hearted joke, Clown.

Faux outrage over peanut gallery as if the term is actually walnut gallery, which it isn't.

I was just clowning around with a clown.

#46 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-09-09 08:06 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

#45 | POSTED BY GOATMAN

Mental illness?

Regardless, many news organizations, including Forbes, have reported on it.

Trump has pocketed campaign contributions, reportedly in both 2016 and 2018.

Which leaves me little doubt he will do so again.

#47 | Posted by ClownShack at 2019-09-09 08:15 PM | Reply

As a Californian, it doesn't bother me.

Who cares?

#48 | Posted by JOE at 2019-09-09 08:21 PM | Reply

Chill out Clown, you guys both reflexively jumped on something without bothering to understand the context.

That doesn't mean that your underlying premise that Trump would pocket campaign funds is invalid.

#49 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2019-09-09 08:21 PM | Reply

Why would he risk getting caught stealing 0.034% his net worth?

#10 | POSTED BY GOATMAN AT 2019-09-09 06:37 PM | FLAG:

ask him.

#50 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2019-09-09 08:28 PM | Reply

Who cares?

#48 | Posted by JOE

About your opinion? I know I don't.

#51 | Posted by nullifidian at 2019-09-09 08:29 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

#51 Gotta love the guy who bitches about posts about suicide on a blog but then turns around and supports the party that defunds mental health services and makes guns readily available.

You don't give two ----- about suicide. Spare me your crocodile tears.

#52 | Posted by JOE at 2019-09-09 08:37 PM | Reply

"Trump has pocketed campaign contributions, reportedly in both 2016 and 2018.
Which leaves me little doubt he will do so again.
#47 | POSTED BY CLOWNSHACK "

Sin after sin. Crime after crime. And yet your cowardly party still won't begin impeachment procedings. How can you vote for such cowards?

#53 | Posted by goatman at 2019-09-09 08:56 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"ask him.

#50 | POSTED BY BRUCEBANNER "

I did. He said he wouldn't.

#54 | Posted by goatman at 2019-09-09 08:58 PM | Reply

Trump's tax returns are probably the strongest evidence we have.

Do they show he's a billionaire?

#55 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-09-09 09:17 PM | Reply

your cowardly party still won't begin impeachment procedings.
#53 | POSTED BY GOATMAN

My party? Which is "my" party?

Neither. Oh yea, that's right.

Guess you'll have to deal with this strawman on you own.

#56 | Posted by ClownShack at 2019-09-09 09:23 PM | Reply

"Trump's tax returns are probably the strongest evidence we have.
Do they show he's a billionaire?

#55 | POSTED BY SNOOFY "

I guess you've never paid taxes. Assets are not necessarily listed.

#57 | Posted by goatman at 2019-09-09 09:31 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

I believe it was Nutcase who use to call the parties the Demowussies and the Rethuglicans.

He was spot on.

#58 | Posted by ClownShack at 2019-09-09 09:51 PM | Reply

"ask him.
#50 | POSTED BY BRUCEBANNER "
I did. He said he wouldn't.

#54 | POSTED BY GOATMAN AT 2019-09-09 08:58 PM | REPLY | FLAG:

Does that make 150,000 lies now? It's hard to keep count.

#59 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2019-09-09 11:05 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"Does that make 150,000 lies now? It's hard to keep count.

POSTED BY BRUCEBANNER "

I don't know. Y'all tell me. When you decide what he says, you decide what's a lie, right?

#60 | Posted by goatman at 2019-09-09 11:11 PM | Reply

Good stuff son.

#61 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2019-09-09 11:34 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"Yay! Stupid Goatmam comes out! Cheer on the stupid! Now he can't understand what a lie is. Ha ha!
Good stuff son.

POSTED BY BRUCEBANNER AT 2019-09-09 11:34 PM |"

"Name Calling"