Monday, September 09, 2019

It's a little surprising that a fair number of brutal scenes in The Painted Bird, Vclav Marhoul's grim Holocaust epic, provoked - according to press reports - numerous filmgoers to run to the exits during its recent premiere at the Venice Film Festival.

Comments

I'll bet reinheitsgebot has seen it a dozen times already

#1 | Posted by goatman at 2019-09-09 11:57 PM | Reply

I'll bet reinheitsgebot has seen it a dozen times already

#1 | POSTED BY GOATMAN

He and aborted Monson got permits to camp out in line ahead of the general public and fought like feral animals over that first spot.

#2 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-09-10 12:01 AM | Reply

Like Star Wars premiere lines here in LA, -------- and AbortedMoron were the "Founder" and "Sargent at Arms" of the ChildRapeMovie line and had to control the only other linestander, SilenceDouchegood, when he violated the rules.

#3 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2019-09-10 12:06 AM | Reply

Udo Kier?! Well, there you go, lol.

#4 | Posted by redlightrobot at 2019-09-10 01:00 AM | Reply

Wow. And you guys were whiny little ----- when it came to me giving goatman what he deserved.

At least I never accused him of pedophilia, just of being an -------, which is readily apparent in his postings.

#5 | Posted by jpw at 2019-09-10 08:07 AM | Reply

They seem to be confusing someone who calls out rapists or pedophiles with someone who is one. It would be like calling a MADD supporter an alcoholic just because they are tough on drunks who drink and drive.

#6 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2019-09-10 08:28 AM | Reply

I've seen a lot of horror in my life, so I can understand. Not everybody can take that. It must be damn shocking. It sounds really disturbing but uniquely creative - I am interested. That's a hell of a review.

#7 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2019-09-10 12:03 PM | Reply

especially the woman who is convinced that her young visitor is afflicted by vampirism and makes him her slave.

Hey, it's slice-of-life. How many people has this not happened to?

#8 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2019-09-10 12:28 PM | Reply

Priest thing is normal though. Yawn.

#9 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2019-09-10 12:30 PM | Reply

I read the book more than thirty years ago. I can still remember several parts of it. Disturbing yet profound.

#10 | Posted by moder8 at 2019-09-10 04:10 PM | Reply

you guys need to get a life. you are sick fks.

#11 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2019-09-11 04:35 PM | Reply

"you guys need to get a life. you are sick fks.

#11 | POSTED BY BRUCEBANNER "

Of whom do you speak? The poster who posts about baby raping several times a day, I presume.

#12 | Posted by goatman at 2019-09-11 04:39 PM | Reply

People who use the holocaust as a joke. Like you.

#13 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2019-09-12 12:24 AM | Reply

Referring to one country in which most of the extermination camps had been located, I pointed out that between 1939 and 1945 only a million people had died as the result of direct military action, but five and a half million had been exterminated by the invaders. Over three million victims were Jews, and one third of them were under sixteen. These losses worked out to two hundred and twenty deaths per thousand people, and no one would ever be able to compute how many others were mutilated, traumatized, broken in health or spirit. My listeners nodded politely, admitting that they had always believed that reports about the camps and gas chambers had been much embellished by overwrought reporters. I assured them that, having spent my childhood and adolescence during the war and postwar years in Eastern Europe, I knew that real events had been far more brutal than the most bizarre fantasies.

-the painted bird

#14 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2019-09-12 12:35 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#14 | Posted by BruceBanner

When I was a kid bagging groceries I met an ancient holocaust survivor, She still had the tattoo on her arm. It was blue not green but I heard that all of the camps used their own accounting system.

Paton puked. Eisenhower turned white as sheet.

#15 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2019-09-12 05:00 AM | Reply

#3 | POSTED BY RIGHTOCENTER

I haven't made a post on this site since late June or early July, but that doesn't stop my bitch from dropping my name.

Probably does it multiple times a week.

It used to make her panties wet when she typed it, but I don't allow her to wear them anymore.

#16 | Posted by MrSilenceDogood at 2019-09-12 08:46 AM | Reply