Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell last month blocked a measure that would have used Treasury Department funds marked for Appalachian development to help pay for coal miners' health care and pensions in his home state of Kentucky. But just a few months earlier, McConnell successfully steered near-identical Treasury funds for Appalachia to bankroll a Kentucky aluminum plant connected to an ally of Russian President Vladimir Putin.

Comments

Exemplar of Trumpite culture.

#1 | Posted by Zed at 2019-09-10 01:52 PM | Reply

And yet they will continue to buy his bullschitt and vote for him.

#2 | Posted by Nixon at 2019-09-10 02:15 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"Nyet?"

#3 | Posted by GOnoles92 at 2019-09-10 05:53 PM | Reply

Sorry, I DID misspell it, but not in the way that you think.

Actually, 'nyet' is the English pronunciation of the Russian word 'het', which means 'no'.

At least I got the 'da' correct.

OCU

#4 | Posted by OCUser at 2019-09-10 06:55 PM | Reply

"Sorry, I DID misspell it, but not in the way that you think.
OCU
#4 | POSTED BY OCUSER "

Never apologize for misspelling. I don't use spell check, either. Sometimes we make a spelling error, or more often typographical error by not using it. People who depend on machines for basic skills are the ones who need to apologize.

#5 | Posted by goatman at 2019-09-10 07:13 PM | Reply

At least I got the 'da' correct. OCU #4 | POSTED BY OCUSER

All good. The first association I had when reading "net" was basketball, lol.

#6 | Posted by GOnoles92 at 2019-09-10 07:51 PM | Reply

Hmm, I wonder how he got his nickname "Moscow Mitch".

#7 | Posted by bat4255 at 2019-09-10 09:06 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

LOCK HIM UP! LOCK HIM UP!

#8 | Posted by aborted_monson at 2019-09-10 09:43 PM | Reply

When the headline said "Yes to Russian-Backed Plant" I just assumed it was referring to Trump.

#9 | Posted by Whatsleft at 2019-09-11 11:57 AM | Reply | Funny: 2 | Newsworthy 1

What? 10 posts deep and no already disproven Hillary reference?

Conservatives are getting lazy.

#10 | Posted by Sycophant at 2019-09-11 02:50 PM | Reply

#10 | Posted by Sycophant

This is a no win article for them. Senate Majority leader not seeing fit to take care of his electorate yet passing around the corporate welfare is okay...

#11 | Posted by GalaxiePete at 2019-09-11 05:44 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

They are fine with passing out tax dollars as long as it doesnt help poor people or working Americans

#12 | Posted by hatter5183 at 2019-09-11 09:56 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

"Sorry, I DID misspell it, but not in the way that you think.
OCU
#4 | POSTED BY OCUSER "
#5 | POSTED BY GOATMAN AT 2019-09-10 07:13 PM

I agree that it isn't necessary to apologize for spelling or grammar errors, portmanteau and unexpected entendre thrive in-between victimized language, but disagree that spellcheck doesn't help with spelling. I will try variations until I have to right-click.

on topic: What kind of Russian prostitute does Moscow Mitch think he is?!

"Coal miners understand something"when people tell us we're going to pass legislation' ... we don't believe it," said Cecil Roberts, president of the UWMA, at a recent speech in Washington. "Anyone who understands how Congress works knows that that's a fight."
Isn't the Senate where bills are held-up by the McConnell itself?

#13 | Posted by redlightrobot at 2019-09-12 06:14 AM | Reply