Thursday, September 12, 2019

The US budget deficit widened to $1.067 trillion for the first 11 months of the fiscal year, an increase of 19% over this time last year, the Treasury Department reported Thursday. The current shortfall exceeds the full-year deficit for fiscal 2018, which was $898 billion. President Donald Trump, who promised during the 2016 campaign to eliminate the federal debt, has instead overseen a dramatic increase in deficits. The White House's Office of Management and Budget has predicted that the deficit will exceed $1 trillion for the entire fiscal year, which ends on September 30. On Monday, the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office said the federal deficit had surpassed $1 trillion in the first 11 months of fiscal 2019, according to its budget review.

Alternate links: Google News | Twitter

President Donald Trump, who promised during the 2016 campaign to eliminate the federal debt, has instead overseen a dramatic increase in deficits. Oops.

Comments

Doesn't count untill a Democrat takes power... then Republicans will be verklempt

#1 | Posted by 503jc69 at 2019-09-12 06:01 PM | Reply

Again, where's the Tea-Party crowd when you need them?
They seem to have disappeared since Jan 20th 2017.

#2 | Posted by aborted_monson at 2019-09-13 03:51 AM | Reply

Tax cuts pay for themselves. This proves it.

#3 | Posted by Nixon at 2019-09-13 06:29 AM | Reply

Again, where's the Tea-Party crowd when you need them?
They seem to have disappeared since Jan 20th 2017.

#2 | POSTED BY ABORTED_MONSON

You forget the President is white.

#4 | Posted by Sycophant at 2019-09-13 12:39 PM | Reply

I don't see what the issue is with people on the left....

Are you saying we should cut spending? Because you can't raise taxes enough ....

So leverage everything to the tilt .... because there is no going back.

Again I go back to my philosophy, which keeps me at peace.

Feel free to spend on whatever you want as much as you want, you are doing it anyway, and we can't cut BigBird.

Just don't raise my taxes for your BS.

#5 | Posted by AndreaMackris at 2019-09-13 12:47 PM | Reply

With 2 weeks to go to the end of the year for the gov. By the way, where do all the spending bills come from? What part of government starts that process?

#6 | Posted by Sniper at 2019-09-14 01:42 PM | Reply

Just don't raise my taxes for your BS.

#5 | Posted by AndreaMackris

You live in and benefit from society.

But I agree. Please refund me the proportion of my tax bill that goes to the military.

#7 | Posted by jpw at 2019-09-14 05:12 PM | Reply