People, this is why gun control won't work.
1. If you back ground check every one, no one would pass. Everyone has some kind of issue.
2. What's to say we take the guns away and then we'd have machetes, knives, cars, airplanes, lawn mowers, etc, etc, to add to the ban list. It's just not feasible.
3. Let's say we enact gun control laws. It's up to the states. States have no money. Feds have no money. Who will enforce the laws? It's the same principal behind why the southern wall will never work. Too much money, not enough trained personnel. Any who, in 30 years, when the Baby Boomers and Gen X passed away, the Millennials will tear it down.
4. Even if we enforced gun control laws, that doesn't account for all the arsenals buried in the woods and swamps that the po-po know about. This is going to go by the way of the Prohibition of the early 20's. People still drank Moonshine, and smuggled alcohol from Canada. Who's to say instead of drugs, cartels start smuggling weapons into America?
5. Criminals still have their arsenals hidden that we don't know about.
6. Before we ever see Gun Control Laws, no one will ever vote to repeal Second Amendment; the right to keep and bear arms. Even if we did, there would be so much litigation that by the time the dust settles, our great grandchildren won't see it.
7. And lastly, who the hell is going to abide by the repeal of the Second Amendment? no one. Blacksmithing will become a thing; new weapons will be milled just like alcohol was -- in back woods all over the country.
Demonize Americans because they have guns and you created a new batch of criminals that need to be housed, fed, clothed, given free medicine, etc, etc, etc and hire personnel to guard them.
Who's going to pay for all that mess?
Gun control is a political point with no solution.