Monday, September 16, 2019

House Democrats are weighing a short-term spending plan that could temporarily freeze the Trump administration's trade relief payments to farmers. The House Appropriations Committee is circulating among members a draft continuing resolution that leaves out language requested by the White House to ensure that the Agriculture Department can continue distributing checks to farmers and ranchers adversely affected by President Donald Trump's trade war.

Congress is expected to pass a continuing resolution this month to keep the government open after Sept. 30, when fiscal 2019 ends and current funding expires. The trade aid money is paid out of the CCC, a Depression-era agency within USDA. USDA has so far paid $3.3 billion out of the $14.5 billion set aside for farm payments for 2019. The agency sent $8.6 billion in direct payments for last year's production.

Industry groups immediately lashed out at the proposed Democratic freeze of funding as "partisan game playing."

Comments

Why does the Left hate farmers?

#1 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2019-09-16 02:13 PM | Reply | Funny: 3 | Newsworthy 1

Why does the Right hate farmers?

#2 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-09-16 02:25 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Fffk giving aid to the farmers.

That's socialism. That's redistribution of wealth. That's stealing. What's more, the rich aren't contributing anymore.

Those idiot farmers are the ones who constantly vote for anti-socialist conservative (R)Tards.

That's the reason they're in this situation in the first place.

They better hope capitalism saves them.

I'm all for blocking payments. Stop wasting my taxes.

#3 | Posted by ClownShack at 2019-09-16 02:37 PM | Reply

Do the Dems really want to blackmail farmers into voting for them? Doesn't sound like a good way to win farm states, but go ahead.

#4 | Posted by nullifidian at 2019-09-16 02:45 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Blocking aid to farmers is a very bad idea.

#5 | Posted by danni at 2019-09-16 02:49 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

#4 | POSTED BY NULLIFIDIAN

Are you saying you're in favor of socialism? Redistribution of wealth? You sound like you are.

By the way. Where's the blackmail? They voted for Trump. His policies have led to this. Now costal Democrats are being forced to help them out? Ridiculous.

#6 | Posted by ClownShack at 2019-09-16 02:57 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

Maybe you should fast through the pendency of the trade war to show your solidarity with the House Democrats.

#7 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2019-09-16 03:01 PM | Reply

We got your back, Comrade Xi!

--House SurrenderCrats

#8 | Posted by nullifidian at 2019-09-16 03:04 PM | Reply

Do the Republicans really want to blackmail farmers into voting for them?

#9 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-09-16 03:05 PM | Reply

Blocking aid to farmers is a very bad idea.

Starting a trade war that makes the aid necessary is an even worse idea.

The payments should be contingent upon rescission of the tariffs that have caused so much harm to farmers in the first place.

#10 | Posted by JOE at 2019-09-16 03:06 PM | Reply

#7 | POSTED BY RIGHTOCENTER

Should I put you down as pro socialism too?

#11 | Posted by ClownShack at 2019-09-16 03:08 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Solidarity, seriously?

What happened to The Myth Of The Self Made Man???

#12 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-09-16 03:09 PM | Reply

We can't let China steal our Secret Soybeans!!!

And by "our" I mean Syngenta and Bayer, not the United States of America.

#13 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-09-16 03:11 PM | Reply

"Starting a trade war that makes the aid necessary is an even worse idea.
#10 | POSTED BY JOE"

In the microcosm of farmers, yes. In the big picture, no. China is hurting from the trade war, especially with the food imports. They have lost 21% of the pork production due to a blight. Their soybean supply is extremely low.

The trade war is working and it won't be long until the US farmers have a market for their products again.

#14 | Posted by goatman at 2019-09-16 03:11 PM | Reply

"The trade war is working"

By what measure(s)?

#15 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-09-16 03:12 PM | Reply

Can we start a graveyard for Republican talking points?

Pull themselves up by their bootstraps

Let the free market decide

Government shouldn't pick winners and losers

Robbing peter to pay paul

#16 | Posted by JOE at 2019-09-16 03:12 PM | Reply

--The payments should be contingent upon rescission of the tariffs

I got your back, Comrade Xi.

--Joe

#17 | Posted by nullifidian at 2019-09-16 03:14 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"By what measure(s)?

#15 | POSTED BY SNOOFY "

Stated in my post. Reading is fundamental, snoofygames (tm)

I'm not getting dragged in with your tractor beam of stupid questions.

#18 | Posted by goatman at 2019-09-16 03:14 PM | Reply

Nonsense
#8 | POSTED BY NULLIFIDIAN

Why are you so upset? Doesn't the notion of redistribution of wealth go against your Trumpublican values?

Maybe if Trump really cared he'd repeal his tax cut, so the rich could contribute more. Perhaps, if he was as rich and successful as he says he is, he'd get rid of the Bush tax cuts as well. Because he's already wealthy, and he would be confident he can always make more money.

But. That's a fantasy.

#19 | Posted by ClownShack at 2019-09-16 03:19 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

You said "The trade war is working."

I asked, by what measure.
There's no measure in your post related to the trade war.

The only measure you provided is the impact of swine flu on China's domestic pork production.
I'm sure you're not saying the swine flu is part of the trade war.
So what's your basis for claiming the trade war is working?

You also mentioned their soybean supply is low.
Is that why you say it's working, because they're not buying our soybeans?
That's something of a tautology, since the reason they're not buying our soybeans is... the trade war.

Perhaps you don't have metrics, and when you say the trade war is working, you mean something else, like "the trade war exists." The part where it's working, I don't see that from your post.

#20 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-09-16 03:21 PM | Reply

"POSTED BY SNOOFY AT 2019-09-16 03:21 PM "

Google is your friend if you are truly interested. But you are not. You are more interested playing snoofygames (tm) just as you were yesterday when you ran off after I called you out on your outrageous lies.

#21 | Posted by goatman at 2019-09-16 03:24 PM | Reply

"Google is your friend if you are truly interested"

I'm not asking what Google has to say.
I'm asking what Goatman is trying to say, and how he came up with it.

#22 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-09-16 03:26 PM | Reply

"I'm asking what Goatman is trying to say, and how he came up with it.

#22 | POSTED BY SNOOFY "

Goatman is not playing snoofygames (tm). We both know your MO. Ask a seemingly innocent question, then bog it down with a chain of silly questions, then start assigning false positions, then begin just outright lying.

Not. Playing.

Try apologizing for the lies you told right before you ran off last night and maybe I'll consider your questions.

#23 | Posted by goatman at 2019-09-16 03:31 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 3

Oh that's right, they were, and now they couldn't give a fcck because now these same farmer are just a pawn in the Democratic controlled House's TDS.

And you Dolts wonder why we don't believe a word of your fauxrage.

#24 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2019-09-16 03:31 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

'Goatman is not playing"

Goatman cannot answer the question.

#25 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-09-16 03:36 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"It just seems like only recently that the DR Left was whining "What about the poor farmers, these tariffs are killing them, they are losing everything and committing suicide"..."

To which the obvious remedy is: End the tariffs.

Two wrongs don't make a right, RightOCenter.
Handouts don't make tariffs right, RightOCenter.

#26 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-09-16 03:37 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

And you dolts wonder why we don't believe a word of your fauxrage.

#27 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-09-16 03:38 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"Goatman cannot answer the question.

#25 | POSTED BY SNOOFY "

Actually, I don't want to because I don't want to play snoofygames (tm) I stated that clearly. Reading comprehension is fundamental and clearly yours is very poor. I don't engage people who can't comprehend the written word. It's a waste of time

BTW, thanks for underscoring my point that you start with silly questions then assign false positions. LOL It took you only one post after mine for you to do it. It's like a script you can't break yourself from.

So whatever allegation you want to make works for me, troll.

Bye now, liar.

#28 | Posted by goatman at 2019-09-16 03:44 PM | Reply

"Actually, I don't want to"

No, you literally cant.
Have a nice day.

#29 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-09-16 03:45 PM | Reply

New No. 1 on the DR Left's reading list:

images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com

#30 | Posted by nullifidian at 2019-09-16 03:52 PM | Reply

"No, you literally cant.

#29 | POSTED BY SNOOFY "

Works for me, liar.

#31 | Posted by goatman at 2019-09-16 03:55 PM | Reply

I'm glad the truth works for you, Goatman.
And please, continue having a wonderful day.

#32 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-09-16 03:55 PM | Reply

"I'm glad the truth works for you, Goatman.

#32 | POSTED BY SNOOFY "

Would that it worked for you as well. C'est la vie.

#33 | Posted by goatman at 2019-09-16 03:57 PM | Reply

Oh, but it does.

#34 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-09-16 04:00 PM | Reply

"No, you literally cant.
#29 | POSTED BY SNOOFY "
Works for me, liar."

Works for me too, liar.

#35 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-09-16 04:01 PM | Reply

"Works for me too, liar.

#35 | POSTED BY SNOOFY"

LOL

You're pathetic.

#36 | Posted by goatman at 2019-09-16 04:07 PM | Reply

"I guess thats why you put words into my mouth saying I called dead veterans cowards and --------."

Your whole premise is wrong.
You spit those words out of your mouth, when you agreed with this, regarding suicide:
"Boo hoo hoo. I have no coping skills, no ninja skills, no nunchuck skills. I have to take opioids. Help me Obama!"

#37 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-09-16 04:10 PM | Reply

"#37 | POSTED BY SNOOFY"

You said

"I'm speaking about dead veterans, or as you like to call them, cowards and ------#14 | POSTED BY SNOOFY AT 2019-09-16 01:03 AM ""

You lied.

Own your words.

#38 | Posted by goatman at 2019-09-16 04:13 PM | Reply

Own your own words, coward.

#39 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-09-16 04:15 PM | Reply

"you like to call them, cowards and ------#14 | POSTED BY SNOOFY AT 2019-09-16 01:03 AM """

Right, as in, you're okay with calling them names like this:

#40 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-09-16 04:16 PM | Reply

"Own your own words, coward.

#39 | POSTED BY SNOOFY "

I do. But I do not own your twisted and spun interpretation of them.

You lied. Own your words.

#41 | Posted by goatman at 2019-09-16 04:18 PM | Reply

You clearly lied. Your only defense is, "Well you meant...."

Lame. So very lame. But liars often have to go down that road

I proved you lied. You proved nothing except you desperately try to make a point by spinning my word into aomething that couldn't be further than what I intended

Keep spinning and lying. You'll be doing it without me, snoofyliargtames. Hae your last word.

Bye, now

#42 | Posted by goatman at 2019-09-16 04:21 PM | Reply

"Your only defense is, "Well you meant...."

I'm fine with that.
We all know what you meant.

#43 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-09-16 04:29 PM | Reply

Why are you China's main cheerleader on the DR, SnoofMao?

#44 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2019-09-16 04:32 PM | Reply

Sorry, you can wear this albatross, Mr. "non Trump supporter."

#45 | Posted by JOE at 2019-09-16 04:33 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 3

Why are you pretending to be stupid, RightOCenter?
You are pretending, right?

#46 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-09-16 04:38 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

"#24 "We ------ farmers right in the ass and now you won't agree to pay them off so it's YOUR fault!"

^
Nailed it.

#47 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-09-16 04:39 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"Why are you pretending to be stupid, RightOCenter?
You are pretending, right?
#46 | POSTED BY SNOOFY "

Just "translate" his words into whatever you want them to be. That's your MO.

#48 | Posted by goatman at 2019-09-16 04:45 PM | Reply

"Just "translate" his words into whatever you want them to be."

I want them to be sensible, but there's no way to get to sensibility from what RightOCetner is saying.
He's literally chiding libs for not being onboard with two wrongs make a right.

#49 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-09-16 04:49 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

He's literally chiding libs for not being onboard with two wrongs make a right.
POSTED BY SNOOFY AT 2019-09-16 04:49 PM "

Just like you said, ""I'm speaking about dead veterans, or as you like to call them, cowards and ------"

Well, I'm convinced! LOL

That's the problem with being a pathological liar -- people tend to doubt everything you say.

www.storyarts.org

#50 | Posted by goatman at 2019-09-16 04:59 PM | Reply

While part of me feels like this is stupid, the rest of me says they made their bed and they should sleep in it.
Don't have enough to keep the farm afloat? Too effing bad, maybe you should have planned better for a rainy day.

#51 | Posted by jpw at 2019-09-16 05:02 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

And you Dolts wonder why we don't believe a word of your fauxrage.

#24 | POSTED BY RIGHTOCENTER

Because you've shown yourself to be an inane moron who chalks everything up to "TDS"?

#52 | Posted by jpw at 2019-09-16 05:04 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

Own your own words, coward.

#39 | POSTED BY SNOOFY

Goatshart is too cowardly to own his abuse of women as well.

#53 | Posted by jpw at 2019-09-16 05:06 PM | Reply

"Goatshart is too cowardly to own his abuse of women as well.

#53 | POSTED BY JPW "

Oh, look. My misogynistic stalker who supposed has me plonked is here nipping at my ankles again. And again he proves he can plonk me, but he can't get me out of his head. LOL

#54 | Posted by goatman at 2019-09-16 05:11 PM | Reply

Tariffs used to be a Democrat thing. Now it's bad because Trump? Got it.

#55 | Posted by lee_the_agent at 2019-09-16 05:12 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"Goatshart is too cowardly to own his abuse of women as well.

#53 | POSTED BY JPW "

???

#56 | Posted by goatman at 2019-09-16 05:14 PM | Reply

SnoofMao and JoeStalin are so pathetic, even the Dem Presidential Candidates support the tariffs (albeit tepidly) but since Trump, these two think it is the worst thing in the world. Also because Trump, the farmers shouldn't get support during the trade war.

Not that he had the balls to do it, but if Obama had done this, you two would think it was THE. BEST. THING. EVER.

#57 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2019-09-16 05:18 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 4

JoeStalin
Godwin was right.

even the Dem Presidential Candidates support the tariffs

Because they have to appeal to large powerful blocks of voters, of which farmers are one. I don't have that problem. Nice argumentum ad populum though.

if Obama had done this, you two would think it was THE. BEST. THING. EVER.

I was never a fan of Obama, though i didn't post here for most of his presidency. He does have the benefit of being made to look comparatively good due to the colicky dirty diaper baby in the White House today. All in all, wrong again. Any other terrible arguments to make?

#58 | Posted by JOE at 2019-09-16 06:06 PM | Reply

Also, you still haven't addressed the point that one president unilaterally hosing an entire group of people doesn't get to blame the people who don't show up with a towel to clean up his mess.

I guess you don't have a response which is why you resorted to "stalin," "but the dems," "but Obama." Sad.

#59 | Posted by JOE at 2019-09-16 06:09 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#57 | Posted by Rightocenter

and the right would have bemoaned how Obama hated farmers and would have spun the numbers to make it look like China was "winning".

You're more foolish than I ever though if you think a complete position swap would be the result.

#60 | Posted by jpw at 2019-09-16 06:21 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

JoeStalin
Godwin was right.

Stalin wasn't a Nazi.

I don't have that problem. Nice argumentum ad populum though.

Learn what that term means, here's a hint: It has nothing to do with the standard bearers of your Party.

I was never a fan of Obama

Riiiiight.

See above.

Face it, the tariffs have bi-partisan support but you hate them because Trump.

#61 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2019-09-16 06:39 PM | Reply

Face it, the tariffs have bi-partisan support but you hate them because Trump.

I could point to any number of policies that had "bipartisan support" that were bad ideas. You're hiding behind politicians because you're too lazy to make an actual argument in favor of this policy.

Also, the tariffs themselves have less bipartisan support than the payments to farmers do, which i said i support if they're conditioned on Trump stopping his abuse of his emergency powers.

#62 | Posted by JOE at 2019-09-16 07:07 PM | Reply

I have been posting dozens of article about the trade war and my position regarding same, pay attention.

#63 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2019-09-16 07:12 PM | Reply

Uh huh. And the paragraph you dodged?

#64 | Posted by JOE at 2019-09-16 07:40 PM | Reply

You mean this one?

You still haven't addressed the point that one president unilaterally hosing an entire group of people doesn't get to blame the people who don't show up with a towel to clean up his mess.

Unlike you, I support my fellow Americans, as should the House Democrats, but they are too busy trying to make Trump look bad to farmers to score some cheap political points.

#65 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2019-09-16 08:06 PM | Reply

That's a response...how exactly?

#66 | Posted by JOE at 2019-09-16 09:13 PM | Reply

Trump takes a big ---- on the floor.

House Dems don't rush in with a bucket of soapy water and rags.

"The ---- on the floor is Dems' fault!! They're trying to make Trump look bad!!!"
-RoC

#67 | Posted by JOE at 2019-09-16 09:14 PM | Reply

Cap the payments to each farmer.
Why bail out big corporations.

#68 | Posted by bored at 2019-09-17 09:01 AM | Reply

"Why bail out big corporations.

#68 | POSTED BY BORED "

In this case, so you can eat.

#69 | Posted by goatman at 2019-09-17 09:17 AM | Reply

Unlike you, I support my fellow Americans,
#65 | POSTED BY RIGHTOCENTER

If you did you would support national healthcare and education.

Instead. You support Trump. You're okay with this form of socialism, this form of redistribution of wealth, because it's necessary to protect Trump and his voters.

As for Obama. He had TPP. I'm sure you remember the response to that, right? Everyone freaked out.

#70 | Posted by ClownShack at 2019-09-17 10:51 AM | Reply

In this case, so you can eat.
#69 | POSTED BY GOATMAN

These farmers don't produce food for Americans.

These farmers produce food for the Chinese.

We're fine.

The farmers who voted for Trump. They're learning. Actions have consequences.

#71 | Posted by ClownShack at 2019-09-17 10:53 AM | Reply

If you did you would support national healthcare and education.

Then you haven't been paying attention, I have repeatedly and consistently said that Medicare for All is inevitable, its just a matter of figuring out how we pay for it and as the son of a Public schoolteacher, I have always said that more money needs to be spent on K-12 and that community college/trade school should not only be free, but mandatory.

Nice deflection though.

Probably your worst exemplar ever, but since you seem to be running out of talking points, I expect nothing better from you.

#72 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2019-09-17 11:44 AM | Reply

These farmers don't produce food for Americans.
These farmers produce food for the Chinese.
We're fine.The farmers who voted for Trump. They're learning. Actions have consequences.

#71 | POSTED BY CLOWNSHACK AT 2019-09-17 10:53 AM

And there we go, thanks for admitting that letting these payments lapse to farmers hurt by the trade war is only about scoring cheap political points. I am not going to go all Hans on you to check if you were moaning about these same farmers a couple of weeks ago on the DRama Club threads that they were going BK and committing suicide because Trump but my money is on "Yes."

Well done, I guess.

#73 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2019-09-17 11:46 AM | Reply

~Joe

Kinda like what the DRLeft has done and are doing?

I have repeatedly and consistently said that Medicare for All is inevitable, its just a matter of figuring out how we pay for it ~ RoC

I have too, but you give Liberals too much credit, we won't figure out how to pay for it ....

#74 | Posted by AndreaMackris at 2019-09-17 12:04 PM | Reply

I prefer to think of them as valuable life lessons. The Republican Party doesn't have America's best interest at heart. They never have.

They're constantly attacking and demonizing socialism, when it comes to helping Americans. But they're not beyond utilizing social to fix the problems they create.

They're committing suicide? Thanks Trump.

I remember commenting on a suicide thread a couple weeks ago. But. My posts in the thread were later on, and mostly about the subject of suicide itself.

I can't remember what I posted. But now I'm curious. Hell, knock yourself out. Do some work for once. You lazy fffk.

What did I say on that thread?

#75 | Posted by ClownShack at 2019-09-17 12:05 PM | Reply

The thread I'm thinking of was titled: "One Person Commits Suicide in Every 40 Seconds"

Seems like I missed the thread you're mentioning.

Too bad. Sounded like a fun one.

#76 | Posted by ClownShack at 2019-09-17 12:09 PM | Reply

What did I say on that thread?

Don't know, don't care.

You have said plenty on this one.

#77 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2019-09-17 12:15 PM | Reply

#70 | POSTED BY CLOWNSHACK AT 2019-09-17 10:51 AM

And I am sure you remember that I thought it was a good idea. Once I said that, everyone on the DR Left freaked out.

#78 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2019-09-17 12:16 PM | Reply

I am sure you remember that I thought it was a good idea.

My statement about Obama and TPP, was in response to your claim that "if Obama had done this, you two would think it was THE. BEST. THING. EVER."

#79 | Posted by ClownShack at 2019-09-17 12:32 PM | Reply

Remember when the right hated socialism.

Until Trump needed it to cover his hind side.

Now they can't understand why democrats would be against redistributing our taxes to cover Trump's failed attempt at being a negotiator.

#80 | Posted by ClownShack at 2019-09-17 12:56 PM | Reply

But we are talking about the Tariffs, not the TPP.

#81 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2019-09-17 05:02 PM | Reply

Regardless.

Obama would have gotten just as much, if not more, flack for the negative consequences of his tariff wars, had he engaged in them.

Trump is destroying the lives of farmers with his games. Then expects socialism to bail him out. The same socialism he, and the GOP, demonize every chance they get.

#82 | Posted by ClownShack at 2019-09-17 05:06 PM | Reply

House Dem plan could block tariff-aid payments to farmers

Just as reps have no problem going against dem constituents, dems should do the same. Reps have no problem letting dem constituents know that their leadership can't protect them, rep constituents need to feel the same about rep leadership.

#83 | Posted by FedUpWithPols at 2019-09-18 06:38 AM | Reply