Monday, September 16, 2019

It probably says something about me that I consider Gary Larson, the cartoonist who created the single-panel comic strip The Far Side, as one of the great American geniuses of the 20th Century, and the news that Larson plans to bring back his world of anthropomorphic cows, ladies in 50s sequin glasses, rotund children, and Weiner dog artists has me downright giddy.

Comments

Buy a lotto ticket Lee I agree 100%. Your thread made my day!

#1 | Posted by gracieamazed at 2019-09-16 04:59 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Great news. Gary Larson is a genius.

Next, lets revive Calvin and Hobbes!

#2 | Posted by oldwhiskeysour at 2019-09-16 05:29 PM | Reply

Love the Far Side

zerosophy.com

#3 | Posted by goatman at 2019-09-16 05:33 PM | Reply

When I was working in DC in 1984 I heard about Gary Larsen doing a book signing at Kramerbooks and went there during a lunch break. He was sitting at a table covered in rubber chickens and a huge stack of books but no one was in line and he was just staring off into space. I walked up, started talking to him but he wouldn't say a word, he just grabbed a book and started signing it. I kept talking, not knowing what else to do, and after he handed me the book he shook a rubber chicken in my face. Stunned, I just said thanks and started cracking up.

He never changed expression and resumed looking off into the distance.

He is either brilliant, totally on the spectrum or a lot of both.

#4 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2019-09-16 05:35 PM | Reply

The dude is genius. He probably sees humor like Russell Crowe saw secret number codes in A Beautiful Mind.

#5 | Posted by SheepleSchism at 2019-09-16 05:41 PM | Reply

I hope he's online. I stopped taking the newspaper years ago.

#6 | Posted by goatman at 2019-09-16 06:13 PM | Reply

Yay!!!!!!!!

In its previous incarnation, I never missed a day. Got daily calendars for Christmas every year for a few years. My favorite ever.

Thought about this one when the woman went missing in the jungle on Maui:

i.pinimg.com

#7 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2019-09-16 06:47 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Best article of the day.

#8 | Posted by Tor at 2019-09-16 06:59 PM | Reply

THE FAR SIDE: Typical Trump voter

#9 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2019-09-17 01:31 AM | Reply

As long as folks seem to be posting favorites, here's mine:

www.bing.com

#10 | Posted by TrueBlue at 2019-09-17 04:29 AM | Reply

I wondered if he would come back after his friend died next to him in that skydiving accident. But creative people can't help but to create.

I think it was either this or suicide.

#11 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2019-09-17 06:14 PM | Reply