Monday, September 16, 2019

Two playoff contenders got the news every team dreads on Monday: a serious injury that will keep their starting quarterback out. For the Pittsburgh Steelers, the news was worse. Ben Roethlisberger will need surgery on his elbow, Coach Mike Tomlin said in a statement. He is out for the season. Drew Brees of the New Orleans Saints will be out about six weeks recovering from surgery to repair a torn ligament in his throwing hand, the NFL Network and other news outlets reported.

Comments

Offseason retirement watch: Brees, Brady, Roethlisburger, Newton.
How many of those listed won't return to start in 2020: 2/4, 3/4?

#1 | Posted by GOnoles92 at 2019-09-16 11:36 PM | Reply

Roethlisburger is mentally retired. Brees is all done pending paperwork.

I can't stand Cam Newton; he always lingers on a knee after the huddle then takes his sweet time to the line.

The GOAT is good for at least one more ring.

#2 | Posted by SheepleSchism at 2019-09-17 12:27 AM | Reply

Is it Ben's raping elbow?

Maybe Keggenaugh can give him some tips to cope.

#3 | Posted by Nixon at 2019-09-17 08:09 AM | Reply

Reminds me of my HS QB, lol. Newton hasn't been healthy for the last two seasons. If I were Newton, Luck's retirement would be a good precedent to taking my own early retirement. 2019 Newton is not the 2015/16 Newton. More like a Fig Newton than Superman

#4 | Posted by GOnoles92 at 2019-09-17 08:34 AM | Reply

2-0 season in fantasyland so far. Next game is against somebody that already lost their RB1. The GOAT keeps paying off. Even my sleeper Goodwin is starting to post decent points.

#5 | Posted by sitzkrieg at 2019-09-17 01:23 PM | Reply

As a Browns fan, Big Ben can drop dead.
Good riddance.
I'm sorry,,I mean thoughts and prayers.

#6 | Posted by Docman at 2019-09-17 01:34 PM | Reply

#6-- Ravens fan here. We were once the Browns too.

Big Ben's career has hopefully struck midnight.

#7 | Posted by NerfHerder at 2019-09-17 01:46 PM | Reply

The GOAT keeps paying off.

I've got Brady on my fantasy team too. I've also got three of the receivers from KC. I'm having a hard time wondering who I should start. RB's are not looking that good this year.

#8 | Posted by boaz at 2019-09-18 08:14 AM | Reply