Monday, September 16, 2019

Republican officials in Michigan are changing the rules of the primary to protect Donald Trump from challengers, MLive reported on Sunday. With the changes, Michigan joins Arizona, Kansas, Nevada, and South Carolina in trying to deny the ability of Republican voters to have their voices heard in the 2020 primary.

Comments

And? Primaries are not law. If anyone is upset with this, I hope they were as upset with the farcicle dem primaries of 2016. If not, spare this blog your faux outrage.

#1 | Posted by goatman at 2019-09-16 10:07 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Remember the scandal when the DNC was accused of helping Clinton and hurting Sanders?

Surely this activity by the Republicans will be every bit as scandalous.

#2 | Posted by prius04 at 2019-09-16 10:08 PM | Reply

Only right-wing hacks would side with Trump on this issue.

If not, spare this blog your faux outrage.

How about you sparing this blog of your trolling lies.

#3 | Posted by PinchALoaf at 2019-09-16 10:16 PM | Reply

"How about you sparing this blog of your trolling lies.
#3 | POSTED BY PINCHALOAF AT 2019-09-16 10:16 PM"

My stalker has followed me to yet another thread. I think this is the fourth one tonight. And as with the others, I have said nothing to or about him except to reply

This thread is not about me, stalker. Please do not hijack it to talk about me as ou do every day.

Thanks!

#4 | Posted by goatman at 2019-09-16 10:20 PM | Reply | Funny: 2

Donald Trump is sure one mighty political warrior.

#5 | Posted by Zed at 2019-09-16 10:23 PM | Reply

Thanks!

#4 | POSTED BYGOATMAN

Hey hack, the Republican Party is batantly protecting Trump, hack. Even the ghost Lee Atwater can clearly see what's going on.

The Republican Party is the party of hacktastic cowards who are too snowflakey scared to stand up to the nation's all time most embarrassing president.

And when you're not posting hacktastic piles of troll dung, you're just arguing over meaningless words, Troll.

#6 | Posted by PinchALoaf at 2019-09-16 10:28 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

Corky doesn't have a problem with this and has explained many times that the party will do whatever's in its best interests.

#7 | Posted by SheepleSchism at 2019-09-17 12:30 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"When you can't win, cheat" has long been a GOP game plan.

#8 | Posted by Nixon at 2019-09-17 08:06 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 3

It was never proven though it probably was enough to affect the 77,000 votes Trump got to win in those 3 states. - #2 | Posted by prius04 at 2019-09-16 10:08 PM |

What an ignorant idea.
If anything, it was perhaps enough to affect the 77,000 voters to stay home instead of voting for Sec. Clinton (or choosing another candidate).
It is highly unlikely that any person pulled the lever for Trump because the DNC was alleged to have put its finger on the scales of Clinton vs Sanders.

#9 | Posted by Avigdore at 2019-09-17 08:35 AM | Reply

#9 | Posted by Avigdore

I actually used to work with 2 that did. They thought we needed "change" and not the SSDD.

#10 | Posted by GalaxiePete at 2019-09-17 09:01 AM | Reply

I was livid back then and still haven't really gotten over it. Am I allowed to post? Seeking permission, sir!

#11 | Posted by JOE at 2019-09-17 09:55 AM | Reply

Also, it's "farcical." Farcicle sounds like a frozen dessert.

#12 | Posted by JOE at 2019-09-17 09:57 AM | Reply

"Also, it's "farcical." Farcicle sounds like a frozen dessert.

#12 | POSTED BY JOE "

Thanks, spelling Nazi. I don't use the autocorrect crutch, so my posts will sometimes have misspelled words, unlike yours.

But points on the "frozen dessert" thing. That was funny.

#13 | Posted by goatman at 2019-09-17 10:01 AM | Reply

I don't use autocorrect either.

Anyways, am i allowed to post? Seeking permission, sir!

#14 | Posted by JOE at 2019-09-17 10:02 AM | Reply

#12 - Joe

I thought farcicle was the name of a viral fad where frat boys try to fart icicles outside during winter. Frozen chocolate dessert makes more sense though.

#15 | Posted by gavaster at 2019-09-17 10:06 AM | Reply

Frozen chocolate dessert makes more sense though.

#15 | POSTED BY GAVASTER

No... that one is if they shart icicles.

Sorry. Had to do it.

#16 | Posted by gtbritishskull at 2019-09-17 10:20 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

All I can say is it fits for the Michigan GOP. The gerrymandered the state so horribly no level of cheating would surprise me.

#17 | Posted by GalaxiePete at 2019-09-17 11:04 AM | Reply

The gerrymandered the state so horribly no level of cheating would surprise me.

#17 | POSTED BY GALAXIEPETE

Look at Westland on a map. It's a hilarious looking city.

Fortunately, thanks to a ballot proposal in '18, districts are no longer drawn up by politicians in Michigan.

#18 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-09-17 11:09 AM | Reply

Why would the Republican arty need primaries?

Dictator Don is planning on canceling the elections and crowning himself king.

#19 | Posted by ClownShack at 2019-09-17 11:16 AM | Reply

#18 | Posted by JeffJ

Agreed - one that was overwhelmingly approved by voters despite the GOP trying to get it taken off the ballot as "unconstitutional"...

I voted for it. Speaking frankly unbiased scientific alogrithms should dictate the redistricting but that won't happen.

#20 | Posted by GalaxiePete at 2019-09-17 11:21 AM | Reply

Rwinger Sheepdip still thinks Bernie lied to him about the primary not being rigged. And refused to support the Dem candidate as Bernie asked him to.

Now when a primary really is being rigged, he has his head so far up Trump's butt that he can't see it.... and wouldn't care if he could.

#21 | Posted by Corky at 2019-09-17 11:31 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#10 | Posted by GalaxiePete at 2019-09-17 09:01 AM

They chose Trump -because- it was alleged that the DNC put their finger on the scale between Clinton and Sanders, or because they felt that the government needed change?

#22 | Posted by Avigdore at 2019-09-17 11:37 AM | Reply

This faux outrage before all of the facts are considered just show how badly Liberals need to learn logic. Until they provide proof of how this would have impacted the last primaries in the last sample of decades (e.g. last 5 decades), then there is nothing to be concerned with. From as far as I can remember though, this change wouldn't have changed who won the primary in my state. I'd like to see how far back we would have to go to find an example of when it would have made a difference in a Presidential primary, in any state. And if it's only once or twice, changing the law does nothing.

What I find the most hilarious though, and something that is right in front of Liberals faces that they just can't seem to understand, is that all day long on this site you try to post all kinds of articles showing how so many Reps hate Trump. You try to convince the country that Republican politicians hate him. You do everything you can to show Trump has no support. But now you are actually being absurd and going back on that and saying Republicans want him voted in so bad they are willing to change laws to make it happen. This is like the aftermath of 9/11 again. Liberals went to great lengths during his terms to show how stupid he and his administration is and how they can't do anything right, then you accuse them of concocting one of the most elaborate attacks in history. Hmmm...I just thought of a new name for Dems since they love to make up names for Trump...Demolaughs. You guys are so absurd and your logic is so terrible that it's actually funny. Unfortunately, it hurts our country but at least you make us laugh.

#23 | Posted by humtake at 2019-09-17 12:17 PM | Reply

"Until they provide proof of how this would have impacted the last primaries in the last sample of decades (e.g. last 5 decades), then there is nothing to be concerned with."

How would not having primaries impact the primares?

Now... PROVE IT!!

#24 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-09-17 01:11 PM | Reply

It's not cheating if the other side doesn't do anything about it. Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing.

#25 | Posted by lee_the_agent at 2019-09-17 01:15 PM | Reply

#26 | Posted by lee_the_agent at 2019-09-17 01:21 PM | Reply

--Democrats gave Humphrey the nomination in '68. He didn't win any primaries. That's why you hippies rioted at the convention.

I watched those riots on tv. Very entertaining. "The whole world is watching."

Yeah, political parties aren't required to have any primaries at all. The smoke-filled room guys selected Humphrey. Some of these young dummies don't know that.

#27 | Posted by nullifidian at 2019-09-17 01:40 PM | Reply

#27 | POSTED BY NULLIFIDIAN

That's the Year Bobby Kennedy was killed the night he won California.

#28 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2019-09-17 03:06 PM | Reply

"It's not cheating if the other side doesn't do anything about it."

LOL
It's not rape if she doesn't fight back!

#29 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-09-17 03:09 PM | Reply

#30 | Posted by e1g1 at 2019-09-17 03:17 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"Gee, thanks Rogers for letting Goattroll back for no reason. Forgive me if I check out until you've banned forever The Polymath of Nothing.

#30 | POSTED BY E1G1 AT 2019-09-17 03:17 PM |"

I guess your GDS prevented you from seeing it was pinchaloaf who first hijacked the thread with an attack at me in post #3. I had said not a word to or about him, but he launched into an attack on me.

You probably would have noticed, but you are so blinded by GDS, you didn't.

Thanks for checking out! One less GDS afflicted person on the DR can't be bad. There are enough of you hijacking threads as it is.

#31 | Posted by goatman at 2019-09-17 03:20 PM | Reply