Tuesday, September 17, 2019

A homeowner in Georgia shot and killed three young masked men at his home early Monday morning, according to Rockdale County Sheriff Eric Levett.

Authorities identified the three deceased individuals as juveniles Monday evening -- two 16-year-olds and one 15-year-old -- but have not released their names. The sheriff's office told ABC News it waited to release information about the teens, all from Conyers, Georgia, until all three families were notified.

Comments

Play with fire and you're going to get burned

#1 | Posted by goatman at 2019-09-17 09:32 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

If the left had its druthers this homeowner never should have had a gun and these masked teens should have been able to do whatever they wanted to the homeowner including assault, rape and even murder. That would have been justice!

#2 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-09-17 09:38 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

"If the left had its druthers this homeowner never should have had a gun and these masked teens should have been able to do whatever they wanted to the homeowner including assault, rape and even murder."

Why don't you express your own opinion and stop putting words, they never said, in other people's mouths.

#3 | Posted by danni at 2019-09-17 09:43 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#3 Numerous people on this very site laud outright gun bans, Danni.

Numerous public figures on the left laud outright gun bans.

I'm not putting words in anybody's mouths - I'm paraphrasing.

#4 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-09-17 09:49 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

#2 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-09-17 09:38

How stupid.

Just imagine the three invaders armed with AR-15s.

#5 | Posted by Zed at 2019-09-17 10:28 AM | Reply

Comrade Jeffry still knocking down straw men I see.

If someone breaks into a house and gets shot and killed oh well.
That's a risk you take by being a thief.

#6 | Posted by aborted_monson at 2019-09-17 02:29 PM | Reply

Good for him.

#7 | Posted by Sniper at 2019-09-17 02:32 PM | Reply

#8 | Posted by TFDNihilist at 2019-09-17 02:51 PM | Reply

"Sure, three stupid teenagers deserved death! can any of you tell me the exact time when you checked your soul at the door?

#8 | POSTED BY TFDNIHILIST "

Nope. No more so than a sky diver whose chute doesn't open. But if you do dangerous things, you stand the chance of dying, especially if that thing is illegal. Surely these three guys knew there was a chance they would get shot from their actions, don't you think? But they went ahead and did them anyway.

But I tell you this, if I wake up and find three strangers in my house in the middle of the night who aren't supposed to be there, they too are going to die whether they deserve it or not.

#9 | Posted by goatman at 2019-09-17 03:00 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"If someone breaks into a house and gets shot and killed oh well.
That's a risk you take by being a thief.
#6 | POSTED BY ABORTED_MONSON "

Exactly.

#10 | Posted by goatman at 2019-09-17 03:01 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#8 | Posted by TFDNihilist

Oh sure. They were just there because it was hot outside and they wanted to cool off. I am sure the home owner invited them in so he could shoot them.

#11 | Posted by Sniper at 2019-09-17 04:19 PM | Reply

#4 | Posted by JeffJ

To put in some rather famous words you are paraphrasing "'some people' who want to do something."

I hope you are just being facetious. I know it's easy to lump everyone in a "group" but it's not the reality. Something absolutely needs to happen. And there are a LOT of people on the left that want RESPONSIBLE gun ownership. Things like limits on what types of guns you can have, waiting periods, mandatory background checks, registrations, magazine size limits, etc - yes. For anyone babbling about these kids would have had a handgun - not likely if they were outlawed. Plain and simple - guns will quickly evaporate from the streets if they are outlawed. Yes once in a while one will pop up but it will get less and less frequent as time goes on. In the vast majority of incidents it does not end like this today. This is an oddity. And honestly a good old fashioned shotgun is even better in cases like this for home defense.

I have proclaimed it many times here. I own more guns than most gun owners but then again I own hunting guns. I am not opposed to gun ownership we just need far more restrictions.

Frankly speaking though this homeowner seems on the surface to have had every right to defend himself and the other two people. You start a gun fight then you deserve someone else finishing it. I don't know why everyone was hanging out at 4AM though. It's not against the law but very odd. It sure seems as though there is more to this story.

#12 | Posted by GalaxiePete at 2019-09-17 04:56 PM | Reply

"It's not against the law but very odd. It sure seems as though there is more to this story."

I take it you never worked in bars or restaurants?

#13 | Posted by Hagbard_Celine at 2019-09-17 05:04 PM | Reply

#11 they were shot outside, sniper.

Read the damn article.

#14 | Posted by jpw at 2019-09-17 06:16 PM | Reply

#12 hanging out outside at 4am armed with an "assault rifle" according to the neighbor.

Odd indeed.

#15 | Posted by jpw at 2019-09-17 06:18 PM | Reply

#9 | Posted by goatman

I've walked onto someones property unknowingly, one time extremely drunk - his viscous looking dog freaking on one me. It's happened to me me once, too.

You have to look at the whole picture. Are they armed? Is the weapon pointed at the ground? I calmed the guys dog down with the slow palm sniff thing (it's a greeting to dogs), and apologized profusely, though very very drunkenly.

I'm just posting this because estroogen levels in my house are very, very high right now with three women in my house. Fortunately my cat is safely outside.

I was in a home invasion once, one men with a MAC-10, a handgun and I forgot the other, and if I had been armed I would have opened fire. There was a baby in a crib in the next room....

#16 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2019-09-18 03:15 AM | Reply

guns will quickly evaporate from the streets if they are outlawed. - #12 | Posted by GalaxiePete at 2019-09-17 04:56 PM |
Just like drugs when they were outlawed. And alcohol when it was outlawed. And unlawful immigration when it was outlawed. And armed robbery at 4am when it was outlawed. You never see or hear about any of those any more.

#17 | Posted by Avigdore at 2019-09-18 07:42 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 4

#12 | POSTED BY GALAXIEPETE AT 2019-09-17 04:56 PM | FLAG:

Several million gang members in the US say you are full of ----.

#18 | Posted by sitzkrieg at 2019-09-18 07:52 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#12 | POSTED BY GALAXIEPETE

Ya because that is what happened with drugs right? Alcohol prohibition was such a raging success too...

#19 | Posted by justagirl_idaho at 2019-09-18 09:44 AM | Reply

#9 | POSTED BY GOATMAN AT 2019-09-17 03:00 PM | FLAG: DITTO!

#20 | Posted by MSgt at 2019-09-18 01:06 PM | Reply

#12 | POSTED BY GALAXIEPETE : Riiiiight, as we all know that bad people with ill intent will always obey the law and surrender their weapons to legal authority if a law requires.

#21 | Posted by MSgt at 2019-09-18 01:09 PM | Reply

Did murder evaporate when it was made illegal?

#22 | Posted by Sniper at 2019-09-18 01:28 PM | Reply

I don't think anyone is denying a homeowners right to defend themselves. what I find unpalatable is the absolute Glee that so many posters take in this killing. So indicative of the modern American mindset. "Those people were baaaaad and deserved to die."
Just some stupid kids that probably had a crappy upbringing.
I keep a loaded gun in my bed stand and seriously will try never to use it.

#23 | Posted by TFDNihilist at 2019-09-18 04:50 PM | Reply

"If the left had its druthers this homeowner never should have had a gun and these masked teens should have been able to do whatever they wanted to the homeowner including assault, rape and even murder"

Then why don't you have a gun in your home, JeffJ?

Must be because you and your wife want intruders to be able to do whatever they wanted to the homeowner including assault, rape and even murder.

#24 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-09-18 04:52 PM | Reply

Thoughts and prayers.
Nothing can be done.

#25 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-09-18 04:55 PM | Reply

These guys were 14 and 15 years old, out at 4AM. You dont think that's strange?

#26 | Posted by boaz at 2019-09-18 07:14 PM | Reply

The three teens allegedly approached the home and attempted to rob three people in the front yard, the sheriff's office said Monday night. One of the attempted robbery suspects purportedly brandished a handgun and fired shots at the residents before one returned fire. All three attempted robbery suspects were killed during the exchange, authorities said.

Surprised none of you criminal apologists saw this little gem.

#27 | Posted by boaz at 2019-09-18 07:19 PM | Reply

These guys were 14 and 15 years old, out at 4AM. You dont think that's strange?
#26 | POSTED BY BOAZ

Yes strange, obviously worthy of death.

...criminal apologists...
#27 | POSTED BY BOAZ

So those that don't feel they deserved an instant death sentence are "criminal apologists" in your eyes?

#28 | Posted by TFDNihilist at 2019-09-18 08:41 PM | Reply

Being out at 4 a.m. and being 16-15 years old isn't why they were shot.

They were shot because they were masked and fired a gun at their intended victims. I seriously doubt if anybody gave a thought to psychoanalyzing their age or upbringing.

#29 | Posted by Twinpac at 2019-09-18 09:12 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Being out at 4 a.m. and being 16-15 years old isn't why they were shot.

#29 | POSTED BY TWINPAC

Bears repeating. NW.

#30 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-09-18 09:14 PM | Reply

Twinpac effectively shut down this thread.

#31 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-09-18 09:16 PM | Reply

If they were reared in Texas instead of Georgia, their mommas would've told them to stay out of other peoples' houses and property. That being said, kids don't know the consequences of tresspassing. They don't know or own anything, or understand responsibility. Until that buckshot peirces their heart. Until they lie dying on the carpet saying, "I'm sorry."

#32 | Posted by madscientist at 2019-09-18 09:48 PM | Reply

#19 | Posted by justagirl_idaho

You can't plant fields of AR 15s...

#33 | Posted by jpw at 2019-09-18 11:00 PM | Reply

Did murder evaporate when it was made illegal?

#22 | Posted by Sniper

Is murder an object with a finite quantity?

#34 | Posted by jpw at 2019-09-18 11:02 PM | Reply