Tuesday, September 17, 2019

The Defence Research Development Organisation's (DRDO's) Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) Rustom-II crashed at Jodi Chikkana Halli in Karnataka's Chitradurga district on Tuesday morning. Initially, the crash created panic among villagers and they rushed to the spot to save the passengers. To their utmost surprise, no person was inside or around the UAV. Soon, a large crowd gathered around the unmanned aircraft with many villagers clicking selfies till DRDO officials and police reached the spot.

Comments

Engine running on cow dung, I bet.

i.postimg.cc

I suggest stop using American tech. Used American tech on moon lander and poof. Used American tech on drone and splat.

Use your own brains for once.

#1 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2019-09-17 10:30 AM | Reply

Or they can buy drones from Pakistan... which also fire missiles, btw (unlike this PoS)... LOL

#2 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2019-09-17 10:32 AM | Reply

Yawn.

#3 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2019-09-17 12:13 PM | Reply

"Based on Reaper tech"? From which nether region did you pull THAT bullsplatter?

#4 | Posted by MUSTANG at 2019-09-17 12:33 PM | Reply

From which nether region did you pull THAT bullsplatter?

From Indian posters on Bharat Rakshak.. the main Indian military forum on the internet. Frequented by serving military.

I sometimes lurk.

#5 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2019-09-17 12:53 PM | Reply

There is nothing wrong with using hand-me-down American tech, mind you.

It just doesn't seem to be working out for our Indian friends, is all I am saying.

#6 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2019-09-17 12:56 PM | Reply

#5 You're an idiot. You based your entire post title on discussions on discussions in a chatroom? Building an air vehicle that has some of the same missions as a Reaper isn't the same as being based on the tech inside a Reaper.

It doesn't look the same...at all...it isn't armed...what, exactly, US tech did they use?

Hey, here's a thought...maybe the Indian guys you hang online with are full of crap?

#7 | Posted by MUSTANG at 2019-09-17 01:12 PM | Reply

You based your entire post title on discussions on discussions in a chatroom?

what, exactly, US tech did they use?

Damned if I know.

But you are welcome to ask them if you are curious.

maybe the Indian guys you hang online with are full of crap?

Quite possible. They are Indian after all... they claim to have invented intergalactic space travel 10,000 years ago.

However, I do know for sure they ARE serving military officers with name, rank and serial number, some of which I have had verified personally.

If they are saying it was based on American tech and I have no other sources to dispute that, I have no choice to assume they know what they are talking about.

#8 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2019-09-17 01:37 PM | Reply

From WIKI:

Rustom-II: An unmanned combat air vehicle based on Rustom-H model. It is often compared with Predator drones by Indian scientists and media.

It seems they have an obsession with Predator/Reaper.

youtu.be

youtu.be

I can easily see this obsession take on a weird sickness... from claiming their drone is better than Reaper to "it has Reaper tech" (whatever that means) when it starts crashing all over the place, as if it's America's fault it crashes. LOL

#9 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2019-09-17 02:11 PM | Reply

News flash. UAVs have a much higher crash rate than manned aircraft. They're also more expensive to operate.

#10 | Posted by sitzkrieg at 2019-09-18 08:04 AM | Reply

UAVs have a much higher crash rate than manned aircraft.

We know.

But India claimed it could do loop the loops all year without landing even once.

Guess it just got tired and went into a spin....

They're also more expensive to operate.

I think that depends on the drone.

These are not as hi-tech as Global Hawk or such.

#11 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2019-09-18 08:22 AM | Reply

BTW, India has made drones before.

It's most successful one was "Nishant"... a low tech rail launched thing.

The entire fleet crashed. LOL

They have a habit of making stuff that never quite makes it all the way to real-world usefulness.

Their Israeli drones work fine however.

#12 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2019-09-18 08:28 AM | Reply

#11 | POSTED BY J_TREMAIN AT 2019-09-18 08:22 AM | FLAG:

A company selling drones marketed capabilities? Shocking. Maybe next they'll take one to an arms show!

And for anything that used to be a manned mission that is being replaced, drones are more expensive, not cheaper to run.

#13 | Posted by sitzkrieg at 2019-09-18 11:12 AM | Reply

I sometimes lurk.
#5 | POSTED BY J_TREMAIN

I don't believe you. I suspect you keep no less than a dozen Indian websites open in browsers at all times, with phone notifications of new articles and posts, which you hurriedly rush to when your phone vibrates. In fact, I assert that it's true.

#14 | Posted by SheepleSchism at 2019-09-18 11:18 AM | Reply

Why would I do a dumb thing like that?

Why would anyone???

I do have a life, you know.

#15 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2019-09-18 11:59 AM | Reply

A company selling drones marketed capabilities?

They weren't selling.

It was made by a govt agency (DRDO) for the use of the Indian army.

Not a commercial enterprise.

#16 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2019-09-18 12:02 PM | Reply

Why would I do a dumb thing like that?
Why would anyone???

Because you're a Chinese remunerated Pakistani troll?

Just a hunch.

#17 | Posted by MUSTANG at 2019-09-18 12:06 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

I still have no idea what I'm supposed to get out of something that stupid.

#18 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2019-09-18 12:07 PM | Reply

It's as if I went out there and crashed the ridiculous thing myself....

If I could've I would've. But I did not. And it turns out I never need to. They always manage to do themselves in.

#19 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2019-09-18 12:14 PM | Reply

Indian concept of flight....

youtu.be

#20 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2019-09-18 12:16 PM | Reply

Indian Airforce SU-30-MKI bye bye, 27 Feb 2019. thank you Pakistan Airforce.

i.postimg.cc

Longest Beyond Visual Range kill ever... missile shot by fighter, possibly taken over by AWAC to target. Target was deep inside Indian Kashmir. The Pakistani plane never crossed the border to the Indian side.

From WIKI:

The first known aerial engagement with both opposing sides using Airborne Early Warning and Control aircraft was in South Asia, during the February 27, 2019 aerial engagement between India and Pakistan, with India using A-50I Phalcon AWACS and Pakistan using the Saab 2000.

#21 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2019-09-19 02:13 AM | Reply

#21 | Posted by J_Tremain

Are there any actual pictures? The one you posted is CG.

#22 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2019-09-19 02:37 AM | Reply

Are there any actual pictures?

No... you can't have pictures of a Beyond Visual Range kill.

Indians admit they lost a SU-30 (a plane said to be impossible to kill... LOL).

Here is Indian news saying it before they put a blackout on their media (too embarrassing).

youtu.be

#23 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2019-09-19 02:58 AM | Reply

I found this.. a memorial erected on a Pakistani airforce base:

i.postimg.cc

i.postimg.cc
(click to enlarge and read text)

#24 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2019-09-19 03:19 AM | Reply

Call sign "Avenger" of No.221 Squadron... LOL

They are pretending it went down in an accident near Assam on the other side of India, a few months later. Can't quite lie about the missing number for too long so they show it up as an accident. LOL

#25 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2019-09-19 03:26 AM | Reply

I believe that it is good that the Libbie controlled house is investigating President Trump as well as Justice Kavanaugh and believe they should keep it up till 2020. Why you ask? - Because due to this the House is accomplishing very little, which I like HUGELY : )

#26 | Posted by MSgt at 2019-09-19 01:11 PM | Reply