Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's battle for political survival looked set to stretch on after exit polls following Tuesday's election showed the race too close to call and Israel's longest-serving leader weakened. The surveys by Israeli TV stations gave Netanyahu's right-wing Likud 31 to 33 of parliament's 120 seats, versus 32 to 34 for centrist Blue and White led by former General Benny Gantz.

Comments

"... a likely indictment on corruption charges."

Well, if he loses, he will still have place in Trump's Cabinet.

#1 | Posted by Corky at 2019-09-17 03:12 PM | Reply

Nut and Yahoo will be Trump's new National Security Advisor if he loses the election.

#2 | Posted by anton at 2019-09-17 03:30 PM | Reply

Nothing says slow news day like an Israli election on a banner headline.

#3 | Posted by lfthndthrds at 2019-09-17 04:30 PM | Reply

Netanyahu will win re-election.

Same as Trump.

#4 | Posted by ClownShack at 2019-09-17 04:34 PM | Reply

#3 Considering how badly our President is in the pocket of the dangerous war criminal Netanyahu, this election is very significant. I'm sorry you're so ill-informed on global events to understand that.

#5 | Posted by JOE at 2019-09-17 04:43 PM | Reply

Nothing says slow news day like an Israli election on a banner headline.

#3 | POSTED BY LFTHNDTHRDS

It's not a slow day. Democratsare holding impeachment hearings. The world is on pins and needles waiting for Mr Locked and Loaded to drop his load all over all of us.

But, it is a pretty significant election. A harbinger of things to come. And it's gonna be close and violence is expected depending on the outcome.

You should get out more maybe. It's a tinderbox over there and NuttyYahoo and King Humpy are both dying to fan them flames of hate.

The Dogs of War don't care whether you pay attention or not. In fact, they would rather you didn't.

#6 | Posted by donnerboy at 2019-09-17 05:29 PM | Reply

Give the Ultra-Orthodox their own platoon and call it a success. They need to get out and socialize anyway.

#7 | Posted by lee_the_agent at 2019-09-17 06:03 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

They can vote? Uh-oh.

#8 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2019-09-17 07:37 PM | Reply

I'm sorry you're so ill-informed on global events to understand that.

#5 | POSTED BY JOE AT 2019-09-17 04:43 PM | REPLY | FLAG

In half a day it got 8 posts on a banner headline. Lol. I should be more engaged

#9 | Posted by lfthndthrds at 2019-09-17 08:21 PM | Reply | Funny: 2

I'm sorry you're so ill-informed on global events to understand that.

#5 | POSTED BY JOE AT 2019-09-17 04:43 PM | REPLY

Could you du us a J-Lo medley. I'd be more impressed...

#10 | Posted by lfthndthrds at 2019-09-17 08:44 PM | Reply

"It's not a slow day. Democratsare holding impeachment hearings"

You and I both know the odds of this clown getting re-elected are far greater than an impeachment. We can't muster up anything better than an old senile, hair sniffer that can't remember where he took a dump last.. and that's for real.. plus, the ---- he sided with for the last 30 years did more to hurt middle class Americans than help the. That's what the DNC will platter up to working class Americans and limousine liberals as the answer to Trump. To be honest, he'd be better off running as Regan light.

#11 | Posted by lfthndthrds at 2019-09-17 08:51 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#11 | POSTED BY LFTHNDTHRDS

Yeah. No.

The only reason that would happen is if everyone acted like you.

The wheels of government move slow. Especially when the President is using the gears of government to OBSTRUCT JUSTICE. Stand firm.

And...

Patience Grasshopper.

#12 | Posted by donnerboy at 2019-09-17 09:29 PM | Reply

"The only reason that would happen is if everyone acted like you"

Like what? Not voting for someone who has trouble with short/long term memory? That's as bad as what we have now. Unless the DNC is going to give Warren or Sanders a fair chance this round, its 4 more of Chump and even if they do, it's debatable. Put an authentic candidate in front of me who will tackle real middle class needs like healthcare and decent, affordable education that will actually support industry and ill support them. Otherwise we're just sitting here calling each other names over silly social issues that mean nothing at the end of the day.

#13 | Posted by lfthndthrds at 2019-09-17 09:39 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Too close to call = perfect to steal.

Funny how the sociopaths always end up in TOO CLOSE TO CALL elections that just happen to tilt their way in the end.

#14 | Posted by SpeakSoftly at 2019-09-17 09:56 PM | Reply

#14 | POSTED BY SPEAKSOFTLY

I didn't realize JFK and Al Franken (among countless other Dems who won by razor-thin margins) were sociopaths.

#15 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-09-17 10:08 PM | Reply

OK When I was a child I played with both boys toys as well as girls toys. You could find me with my Tonkas with my dolls playing in the end of the driveway which was sandy at the time. I also wore women's clothes a lot under my boys clothes because if my mother found out she would have been PISSED. It was something I HAD to do. I never felt right without my girly items. There were times where I would go I can't think feminine thoughts today I have to male and yeah that never worked because she would always show up.

#16 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2019-09-17 10:28 PM | Reply

Well schit.

#17 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2019-09-17 10:28 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

"Like what?"

Like acting like the odds are set against the Dems.

The odds were dead set against Trump when he set out to play a joke on America and attempt to boost his ratings and brand name. Didn't stop him that he had little to no chance.

Imagine what a reasonable and intelligent candidate can do!! The Dems have several. What is amazing to me is that Biden is doing so well in the polls considering the quality of the other two leading candidates.

Never tell me the odds.

#18 | Posted by donnerboy at 2019-09-17 10:36 PM | Reply

Sociopaths aside...

My concern with such close elections is that the winner goes forward under the presumption of a mandate, when a mandate was clearly not given.

An extremist candidate gets a marginal win, and proceeds to turn the world upside down.

I was not aware that Democracy means "winner takes all, and hurting those who voted against you."

#19 | Posted by LampLighter at 2019-09-17 11:01 PM | Reply

TV report: Tally of 90% of votes shows Knesset deadlocked, PM on shaky ground
www.timesofisrael.com

#20 | Posted by LampLighter at 2019-09-18 12:16 AM | Reply

From the link in #20

...While Elections Committee is delaying results to allow extra scrutiny, sources tell Channel 12 Netanyahu currently has support of only 55-56 seats of 120...

#21 | Posted by LampLighter at 2019-09-18 12:18 AM | Reply

Bibi's time has passed, interestingly (and much to the dismay of the Left) it looks like the far right Yisrael Beitenu will be the kingmakers.

#22 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2019-09-18 12:30 AM | Reply

@#22 ... much to the dismay of the Left ..

It always amazes me how you always seem to be able to ascertain the inner thoughts of so many other people. It further amazes me that your powers seem to only work when you seem to be ascribing negative things to those you dub "the Left."

Do you also use those psychic powers for good, i.e., helping people? I understand that the FBI routinely uses psychics to help them solve cold cases. Maybe you should volunteer your powers to help the FBI.

#23 | Posted by LampLighter at 2019-09-18 12:44 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Once again, you prove my point that you are looking for any reason or thing to prove me wrong about, well, anything.

This may help

#24 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2019-09-18 01:02 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

@#24 ... you are looking for any reason or thing to prove me wrong ...

Wow, where did that come from?

Paranoid much? Or just projecting?

Get a grip. Please.

#25 | Posted by LampLighter at 2019-09-18 01:35 AM | Reply

#22 | Posted by Rightocenter

Accounts I've read say Lieberman is determined to bring Netanyahu down.

It'll be interesting to see if that happens whether or not Netanyahu faces criminal charges once he's out of office.

#26 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2019-09-18 01:51 AM | Reply

"Imagine what a reasonable and intelligent candidate can do"

Still looking for one....

#27 | Posted by lfthndthrds at 2019-09-18 08:43 AM | Reply

#22 | POSTED BY RIGHTOCENTER AT 2019-09-18 12:30 AM

BDS all Israeli aid, products, officials and their supporters.

#28 | Posted by redlightrobot at 2019-09-18 09:53 AM | Reply

Still looking for one....

#27 | POSTED BY LFTHNDTHRDS

Oh be real. There are several good democratic candidates to choose from.

Take your pick. No matter which one you choose it will be a better choice than whatever the hell it is that we currently have. Personally I would go with Elizabeth Warren.

To coin a phrase.

"What have you got to lose?"

#29 | Posted by donnerboy at 2019-09-18 11:46 AM | Reply

First I say this:

"interestingly (and much to the dismay of the Left) it looks like the far right Yisrael Beitenu will be the kingmakers."

Then you say this:

" that your powers seem to only work when you seem to be ascribing negative things to those you dub "the Left.""

And then RLR confirms my statement by saying this:

BDS all Israeli aid, products, officials and their supporters."

Looks like dismay from the Left to me...

#30 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2019-09-18 11:48 AM | Reply

"Which means that either one wins the bloody plan to annex of the rest of Jerusalem will undoubtedly proceed."

The violence and death shall continue until morale improves.

#31 | Posted by donnerboy at 2019-09-18 11:48 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"Imagine what a reasonable and intelligent candidate can do"
Still looking for one....

#27 | POSTED BY LFTHNDTHRDS

You know... maybe the problem isn't the candidates.

If none of the ones running are "good enough" then maybe you are little too idealistic. Keep in mind, it is human beings who run for these offices and hold them. They are human being who have made mistakes and have flaws. No one is going to be "perfect" no matter how long you wait. That is why any realistic adult knows that politics is always a compromise.

Or, if you think you are sooo much better than them, why don't you run? All the average American wants is a "reasonable and intelligent" candidate. If you think you are so much more "reasonable and intelligent" than the options we currently have, then you should EASILY be able to build up grassroots support.

The quote you bring to mind...

The prototype is the late Ed Koch, mayor of New York, who once said, "If you agree with me on 9 out of 12 issues, vote for me. If you agree with me on 12 out of 12 issues, see a psychiatrist."

It is apparent you only are willing to consider a person who is your "12 out of 12". You should probably go see a psychiatrist.

#32 | Posted by gtbritishskull at 2019-09-18 01:31 PM | Reply

#32 | POSTED BY GTBRITISHSKULL AT 2019-09-18 01:31 PM | FLAG:

Baloney. I referred to the issues I hold important above and conceded the rest were silly social issues that dont matter.

If anyone needs to see a shrink it's the people who keep voting for party candidates owned by corporations.

#33 | Posted by lfthndthrds at 2019-09-18 02:01 PM | Reply

I despise Netanyahu. But even without him in power, the security concerns that he represents will remain an overwhelmingly powerful force in Israeli politics. I do not foresee any elected Israeli leader letting up on the pressure on the Palestinians any time soon.

#34 | Posted by moder8 at 2019-09-18 02:37 PM | Reply