Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) told The Daily Beast on Tuesday that the Trump administration's so-called maximum pressure campaign on Iran isn't achieving its purpose. "Clearly what we're doing isn't working," Graham said, adding that the goal of the administration's Iran policy should be to deter Tehran from escalating tensions in the region. Following his phone call with The Daily Beast, Graham in a series of tweets called on the Trump administration to do more, saying the "measured response" by President Trump is "seen by the Iranian regime as an act of weakness." On the same night as a Tuesday fundraising event in Silicon Valley, Trump tweeted back at Graham: "No Lindsey, it was a sign of strength that some people just don't understand!"

Comments

Graham never saw a war he didn't like. I have to say I heartily support Trump's seeming unwillingness to start a war with Iran which would have consequences far worse than the Iraq war had. Graham is despicable.

#1 | Posted by danni at 2019-09-18 10:27 AM | Reply

"No Lindsey, it was a sign of strength that some people just don't understand!"

Posted by reinheitsgebot at

Narcissists commonly believe that they cannot be understood by ordinary people, but only by others as great as they are, in this case Kim or Putin.

#2 | Posted by Zed at 2019-09-18 10:37 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

People who are itching for a war with Iran are daft. Saudi Arabia has state-of-the-art weaponry supplied by the USA; let them fight their own goddamn wars.

#3 | Posted by Karabekian at 2019-09-18 03:08 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

Give them both pistols and 10 paces. I'd pay to see that on closed circuit TV.

#4 | Posted by oldwhiskeysour at 2019-09-18 05:21 PM | Reply

If ONLY we had a deal in place where there were limits on Iran's nuclear processing, that had inspectors and cameras to check it, and that had a coalition backing it in case Iran failed to comply!

Oh wait, we had one and Trump broke it!

#5 | Posted by Sycophant at 2019-09-18 06:30 PM | Reply

Oh wait, we had one and Trump broke it!

POSTED BY SYCOPHANT AT 2019-09-18 06:30 PM | REPLY

I have to disagree. He didn't merely break it. He violated it by withdrawing support for it.

#6 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2019-09-18 07:05 PM | Reply

All Trump wants is a Nobel. It bugs him that Obama has one.

#7 | Posted by lee_the_agent at 2019-09-18 08:43 PM | Reply

Correction: he tried to break it but the other parties to the deal are still holding Iran to the deal, with the inspectors and the whole thing. Obama's deal was unbreakable by Trump no matter how hard he tried. Even Putin is still a party to the deal and he met with Rouhani just yesterday I think. They are nations that are becoming friends while the U.S. is the bad guy because of stupid Trump.
Now Graham want Trump to authorize a war even though the leaders of nation around the world say they don't believe Iran did the attack. This is the Neocon's attempt to get us into a war with Iran, they want regime change. We need to resist this effort by them with everything we have, and I do respect President Trump, and that's hard to say, for resisting the tremendous pressure they are putting on him right now. If he resists his credibility will increase dramatically and my respect for him will too.
I will give him credit, so far in this crisis, he's kept his promise, he doesn't want a war.
He deserves all of us calling our representatives supporting him right now or else evil people are going to talk him, or force him, into a war.

#8 | Posted by danni at 2019-09-18 09:26 PM | Reply

POSTED BY DANNI AT 2019-09-18 09:26 PM | REPLY

The reason Trump wants war but doesn't want to be the one responsible for the aftermath is he is a scared manchild that is in way over his head and is like a fish gasping for oxygen. He doesn't know whether to schit his pants or go blind. BTW I DON'T SUPPORT WAR.

#9 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2019-09-18 09:37 PM | Reply

I'm pretty sure that when (and yes, that's when and not if) we go to war with Iran, it will be the first no-holds-barred war America has been involved in since WW2. Trump will ignore politicians and crying lefties. There will be a lot of collateral damage, but the US will win. This war will be fought by generals and not by public opinion.

#10 | Posted by goatman at 2019-09-18 11:26 PM | Reply

#10 for or against?

#11 | Posted by bruceaz at 2019-09-18 11:37 PM | Reply

Trump will ignore politicians and crying lefties. There will be a lot of collateral damage, but the US will "win". This war will be fought by generals and not by public opinion.

#10 | Posted by goatman

Fixed it.

And you're a POS. Plain and simple.

#12 | Posted by jpw at 2019-09-18 11:39 PM | Reply

"#10 for or against?

#11 | POSTED BY BRUCEAZ "

Not sure what point you are asking, so if I miss the mark, ask again, but be more specific.

I am *against* the US fighting for Saudi Arabia. They have a cool arsenal thanks to the US. They need to use it.

#13 | Posted by goatman at 2019-09-18 11:42 PM | Reply

What will the US win?
More territory?
Wealth?

More likely dead and maimed soldiers and debt and riches for the MIC.

#14 | Posted by bored at 2019-09-18 11:45 PM | Reply

Then how can we be dragged into it? Unless we want to.

#15 | Posted by bruceaz at 2019-09-18 11:46 PM | Reply

"And you're a POS. Plain and simple.

#12 | POSTED BY JPW AT 2019-09-18 11:39 PM "

And again (happens every day, usually more than once a day) my stalker who claims to have me plonked comes by to nip my heals. And again he proves he can plonk me, but he can't get me out of his head.

Im grateful for the name calling. I love it when people reveal their true emotionally starved selves.

"NAME CALLING: HOW TOXIC PEOPLE USE IT AS AN EMOTIONAL WEAPON"

www.groundedgirlsguide.com

#16 | Posted by goatman at 2019-09-18 11:47 PM | Reply

"Then how can we be dragged into it? Unless we want to.

#15 | POSTED BY BRUCEAZ "

"we" will not include me. You asked my personal opinion. I gave it.

#17 | Posted by goatman at 2019-09-18 11:47 PM | Reply

"What will the US win?
More territory?
Wealth?
More likely dead and maimed soldiers and debt and riches for the MIC.

#14 | POSTED BY BORED AT 2019-09-18 11:45 PM "

Yep, you're right. War is hell.

#18 | Posted by goatman at 2019-09-18 11:48 PM | Reply

Dorian wins Master Chef.!!!!

War is over if you want it

#19 | Posted by bruceaz at 2019-09-19 12:06 AM | Reply

Grenada Rah Rah rah.

#20 | Posted by bruceaz at 2019-09-19 12:09 AM | Reply

"But if we get dragged into a conflict there, I am *for* fighting it to win, collateral damage be damned."

Definition of collateral damage: dead soldiers, ships hit with missiles, and you can't even pretend to know that they can't actually attack American cities. You are simply out of your stupid mind Goatman. A war with Iran could have WWIII consequences, they are now closely allied with Russia. I don't know who attacked the Saudi oil infrastructure but several countries, who are our allies, tell us they don't believe it was Iran. This is so reminiscent of the build up to the Iraq invasion. Where did you stand on that play Goatman? I know I was protesting against it, I was sure it was based on lies which it was later proven to be. So how can anyone be sure this time it is not. And the stakes are much higher, by a factor of 10 times, than it was then?
I never thought I would say this, but I stand with Trump in opposition to your war mongering stupidity.

#21 | Posted by danni at 2019-09-19 06:24 AM | Reply

I wish Linda would just pull him by the hair...

#22 | Posted by lfthndthrds at 2019-09-19 06:58 AM | Reply

"It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, more vengeance, more desolation. War is hell."
William Tecumseh Sherman

#23 | Posted by uncle_meat at 2019-09-19 03:17 PM | Reply

Yeah, we need to kill as many Iranians as possible, you know, the people who held candlelight vigils after 9-11 so that we can defend the interests of the people who did 9-11. STupid, stupid, stupid, wrong, wrong, wrong. I will never support an attack on Iran while Saudis murder people and we actually refer to their leader as Prince Bone Saw.

#24 | Posted by danni at 2019-09-20 08:40 AM | Reply