Thursday, September 19, 2019

My daughter Meadow was murdered in the Parkland school shooting in Florida last year. It was the most avoidable mass murder in American history. And last week, Governor Gavin Newsom just forced into every school in California the policies that made it inevitable.

The Parkland shooter was a known-wolf. Before the massacre was over, students knew who did it. He was considered so dangerous when he attended Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School that school administrators banned him from bringing a backpack and frisked him every day for fear that he'd bring a deadly weapon.

Comments

Gavin Moonbeam doesn't care what the consequences are. The SJW run the state now.

#1 | Posted by nullifidian at 2019-09-19 03:59 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

It follows their criminal justice policies, which is: 'Let them go since they weren't really doing anything all that bad'.

Illegal immigrant ---------ers will be untouchable.

#2 | Posted by SheepleSchism at 2019-09-19 04:41 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

That's like saying "CA's use of Resource Officers in schools invites another Parkland."

#3 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-09-19 04:47 PM | Reply

The next time someone shoots up a school people will be asking, "why didn't anyone do anything about this student?"

Because California decided it was better to let him stay in school, that's why

#4 | Posted by goatman at 2019-09-19 05:27 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

GOATMAN -

The worry is less about school shootings (incredibly rare) and more about the school to prison pipeline (absurdly common and evidenced based).

#5 | Posted by rstybeach11 at 2019-09-19 05:37 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 4

I guess when school authorities frisked him and searched his back pack, they were looking for people in his backpack and pockets, not guns.

#6 | Posted by oldwhiskeysour at 2019-09-19 06:18 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

"This is the thread where righties pretend that guns dont kill people, people do.
#6 | POSTED BY OLDWHISKEYSOUR"

There is no pretending about it. Either that, or my guns are well trained to not kill anyone. Or maybe I have pacifist guns.

#7 | Posted by goatman at 2019-09-19 07:05 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Ha ha. What?

This premise is nonsense.

#8 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2019-09-19 10:42 PM | Reply

#1 | Posted by nullifidian

Hey ------, the kids can still be sent to in school suspension or suspended for serious offenses like violence, drugs or other criminal behavior.

www.latimes.com

Under the legislation, school authorities could still remove disruptive kids from class, but would be encouraged to use alternative disciplinary practices, such as restorative justice or positive behavior support. Students could still be suspended for more serious actions, such as physical violence, theft or use of drugs.

Are you ever not wrong? You are on seriously ignorant, chronically wrong mofo.

#9 | Posted by jpw at 2019-09-20 11:58 PM | Reply

The disciplinary action doesn't work and doesn't solve the problem, so why continue doing it?

Oh, because idiots like you think you know what you're talking about.

#10 | Posted by jpw at 2019-09-21 12:00 AM | Reply

"No, it lets teachers not get outsmarted by kids who are acting out in order to get what they want-to not be in school.
Oh, because idiots like you think you know what you're talking about.

#10 | POSTED BY JPW AT 2019-09-21 12:00 AM "

More quality posting by the rage-a-holic who demands it from others.

Your hypocrisy aside, if a kid doesn't want to be in school, he won't go. He won't go there then act out so he gets suspended.

When you sober up, think it through logically.

#11 | Posted by goatman at 2019-09-21 12:04 AM | Reply

More quality posting by the rage-a-holic who demands it from others.

More hard truth from a person vastly smarter than your dumbass.

How many years experience do you have in education? When was the last time you set foot in a classroom?

STFU on topics above your pay grade.

When you sober up, think it through logically.

When you have an actual argument, present it. Assertions don't count.

As for the "sober up", it doesn't surprise me you'd stoop to being such a pathetic POS. Expecting solid arguments from others in response to your unsubstantiated garbage.

Also, before you slip into victim mode, this thread reloaded with me signed out. That's why I saw your post.

I'm curious, if I go back through my posting history, what percent of threads that I've commented on have you responded to my posts in?

I'd say "begone stalker" but that will only start you on your "flattery is the blah blah blah" schtick.

#12 | Posted by jpw at 2019-09-21 01:21 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"More quality posting by the rage-a-holic who demands it from others.
More hard truth from a person vastly smarter than your dumbass."

Smart people are self evident. They don't have proclaim their superiorty. Only people with low self esteem do that.

So, cool. Go buy yourself a trophy and celebrate your self proclaimed superiority! LOL

I still find it humorous how you keep claiming you have me plonked, yet respond to my posts. You and americanunity. You two are so much alike in more respects than that.

You may plonk me, jpw, but I obviously still live in your head. LOL

#13 | Posted by goatman at 2019-09-21 01:27 AM | Reply

"As for the "sober up", it doesn't surprise me you'd stoop to being such a pathetic POS."

POSTED BY JPW

You mean you an out of control rage-a-holic throwing a tantrum while sober? Wow. Better to blame booze than to admit you act like this dry, man. LOL

#14 | Posted by goatman at 2019-09-21 01:38 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

GOATMAN

I have you plonked, aszhole

When anyone reads threads or the Comments page without having logged in to comment, they have to see your juvenile drivel. Told you that a dozen times.

I'll be logged in after posting this comment, so right on cue you'll start posting bullschitt replies and snarky little bullschitt like you do when you think I won't see it.

#15 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2019-09-21 02:19 AM | Reply

PS - I usually do log in just so I don't have to read the childish drivel you post or the right wing bullschitt from the usual suspects who offer nothing but curmudgeonly snarks and hyperbole.

#16 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2019-09-21 02:25 AM | Reply

#12 | POSTED BY JPW AT 2019-09-21 01:21 AM

#15 | POSTED BY AMERICANUNITY AT 2019-09-21 02:19 AM | FLAG:

Obviously both of y'all don't want to see me on the DR since y'all have plonked me, but almost daily both of y'll reply to me then mewl something about being logged out.

Well, here is what you have to do to make sure you don't see my posts:

1) Keep me in your killfiles
2) When initiating a session, go to drudge.com. This takes you to the front page.
3) Log on.

If you follow these simple steps, you will never see another post of mine again. I'm sort of surprised y'all couldn't figure this out -- especially JPW who likes to tout himself as one of the biggest brains on this site.

Good luck!

#17 | Posted by goatman at 2019-09-21 01:19 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

They're not going to do that. They love you, Goat! Life is incomplete for them without reading your posts.

#18 | Posted by nullifidian at 2019-09-21 01:22 PM | Reply

"if a kid doesn't want to be in school, he won't go. He won't go there then act out so he gets suspended."

Citation needed.

#19 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-09-21 01:30 PM | Reply

#3 | POSTED BY SNOOFY

You where the one making the reference to the "school to prison" pipeline when this ban was brought up. Parkland was a direct result of trying to stop that pipeline by going soft on trouble makers.

Citation needed.
#19 | POSTED BY SNOOFY

Citations won't help you, your ability to reason is needed.

~ JPW

Suspension is after all disciplinary action has been tried, its not the first goto move.

Its also because the student is disrupting the schools learning environment. Why should 100's of students have to suffer because one kid wants to "act" up, and probably not want to be there.

#20 | Posted by AndreaMackris at 2019-09-21 02:46 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

"Parkland was a direct result of trying to stop that pipeline by going soft on trouble makers."

The guy wasn't even a student when he came back to school. What makes you think a little prison time wouldn't have made his grudge even stronger?

The premise you're trying to foist is ridiculous.

Any sensible person blames the shooting on the shooter, and understands the reason he was able to be a crazy shooter in the first place was because crazy people have practically unfettered ability to get firearms, thanks to the Second Amendment.

#21 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-09-21 07:52 PM | Reply

#20 | Posted by AndreaMackris

"100's" (a number can posses something?) of students aren't affected.

Look, it's really this simple. OSS doesn't work to prevent or correct behaviors. In many instances it is giving the kid what they want and is increasing their risk of arrest/criminal conviction.

Reducing the instances in which OSS is used (which is all this does) aims to keep kids in school and correct the behaviors, which OSS does not do.

The law does not prohibit OSS in cases of violence or criminal behavior.

I'll ask you the same question as Nullischittian- what is your experience in education and how long have you been doing it?

Because I know you're talking out your ass but want to see if you'll dodge the above question.

#22 | Posted by jpw at 2019-09-21 11:36 PM | Reply

Or you'll just disappear...

#23 | Posted by jpw at 2019-09-22 10:23 AM | Reply