Friday, September 20, 2019

"[I] Tried a few spiritual things but didn't feel right. Then I called myself an atheist for a while, just kind of being rebellious. I wasn't really. But I kinda labelled myself that for a while. It felt punk rock enough. "And then I found myself coming back around to just belief in- I hate to use the word spirituality, but just a belief in that we're all connected."

Comments

#1 | Posted by Tor at 2019-09-20 09:14 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

"The more desperate the atheist the more willing they are to pretend all who are unaffiliated think just like them.

#1 | POSTED BY TOR "

Weird. That is not my experience at all. I've never had atheists come to my door and hand me pamphlets trying to convert me. I've never had atheists try to scare me by telling me if I don't believe like them horrible things await me for eternity. I don't see structures every other block dedicated to atheism. I'm not a aware of a single conflict or war in history fought over atheism.

My experience is the sky fairy believers trying to push their agenda on me.

You and I must live in very different worlds.

#2 | Posted by goatman at 2019-09-20 09:22 PM | Reply

#3 | Posted by Tor at 2019-09-20 09:25 PM | Reply

"Saint Petersberg is a very different reality than that the rest of humanity lives in.

#3 | POSTED BY TOR AT 2019-09-20 09:25 PM"

I don't get the connection

#4 | Posted by goatman at 2019-09-20 09:28 PM | Reply

I think you do.

#5 | Posted by Tor at 2019-09-20 09:28 PM | Reply

"I think you do.

#5 | POSTED BY TOR"

I know I don't. Please explain

#6 | Posted by goatman at 2019-09-20 09:29 PM | Reply

uh huh.

#7 | Posted by Tor at 2019-09-20 09:32 PM | Reply

"uh huh.

#7 | POSTED BY TOR "

I'm not sure the game you play, but it is definitely the sky fairy believers who want to smother the world with their beliefs, not the atheists. This cannot be denied, in spite of cryptic references to the Romanov's last stand.

Please rebut my post #2 if you are able.

#8 | Posted by goatman at 2019-09-20 09:34 PM | Reply

I am not sure why atheism and 'we are all connected' are incompatible beliefs.

#9 | Posted by bored at 2019-09-20 09:40 PM | Reply

#10 | Posted by bored at 2019-09-20 09:45 PM | Reply

"I also dont really care what other people believe if their beliefs aren't impacting me.

#10 | POSTED BY BORED "

Agree 100%. That is why I am so weary of people coming to my door telling me I am going to go to hell if I don't accept Jesus. I have never heard of atheists going door to door telling people they are damned forever if Christians don't change their ways.

Wait, I think I did hear of someone doing it as a joke once. But certainly not on a grand organized scale.

Why can't people who believe in the sky fairy just live and let live?

#11 | Posted by goatman at 2019-09-20 09:48 PM | Reply

"He probably clings to his guns, too." - Barack Obama

#12 | Posted by MUSTANG at 2019-09-20 10:01 PM | Reply

"He probably clings to his guns, too." - Barack Obama

#12 | Posted by MUSTANG

You guys were only "offended" because he was right.

#13 | Posted by jpw at 2019-09-20 10:50 PM | Reply

According to the Koran it is a sin to associate anything or anyone with god.... giving the powers of a god to anything and/or worshipping it.

You are not doing any of that. In fact you deny the existence of any possibility of anything god-like.

You are not going to hell. LOL

#14 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2019-09-21 02:44 AM | Reply

Not believing in God is a negotiable "sin".. If it is a sin at all. Allah does not care if you worship him/her/it or not... Allah has trillions of lifeforms already worshipping it.

Making something into a god however is an outright unforgivable sin.

The first is atheism.

The second is Hinduism.

#15 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2019-09-21 02:51 AM | Reply

Christians are sick in the head, mate.

Don't matter if they are Catholics or whatever... they're all sick in the head.

Treat them accordingly.

Are you on some list of theirs? Do these bastards have "let's convert this guy" lists?

#16 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2019-09-21 02:59 AM | Reply

>It felt punk rock enough. "And then I found myself coming back around to just belief in- I hate to use the word spirituality, but just a belief in that we're all connected."
ole Bradley couldn't stomach cannibalizing children or something?

#17 | Posted by berserkone at 2019-09-21 03:14 AM | Reply

I've heard that Eastern Orthodoxy is pretty un-pozzed.

#18 | Posted by berserkone at 2019-09-21 03:21 AM | Reply

pozitifity: www.youtube.com

#19 | Posted by berserkone at 2019-09-21 03:24 AM | Reply

"And a question... are they targeting you ... coming to your door. Or are they doing it to everyone?

#16 | POSTED BY J_TREMAIN "

They target everyone. The most prevalent are the Jehovah's Witnesses. They are easy to spot. They all dress alike: black trousers, white shirts, black ties. They always ride bicycles and travel in pairs.

"You are not going to hell. LOL"

It's not something I worry or even think about. I'm as likely to go to hell as I am Betelgeuse.

#20 | Posted by goatman at 2019-09-21 11:56 AM | Reply

Good man, good attitude.

#21 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2019-09-21 12:07 PM | Reply

They have women in their pairs too? Or are they like Taliban Pence style... women haters?

I ask because I have found preachy women oh so dreadful and unattractive. And when they start yapping ... the thought starts at the back of my mind and slowly gets louder... "can I frak the Allah out of her?"

In my experience such women are all hiding a guilty ------ second personality under this one. And I am just the guy to bring it out.

And they are all screamers in bed. Every last one of them.

#22 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2019-09-21 12:20 PM | Reply

#22 One time I was in line at Vons when the lady behind me sneezed. I said, "Bless you," and she started screaming at me that "Only my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ can bless me!" I just shook my head and carried on.

#23 | Posted by Karabekian at 2019-09-21 02:07 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Some people are nice and chill about their religion and then there people who are complete jerks about it.

What to do about something with such a range AB ideologies that incorporates Jimmy Carter and Osama bin Laden.

Is it any wonder the stupid and immoral wanted to all just go away?

#24 | Posted by Tor at 2019-09-21 06:01 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

Brad Pitt says he's given up on atheism & clings to religion

Who cares about Brad freaking Pitt.

#25 | Posted by PinchALoaf at 2019-09-21 07:51 PM | Reply