Sunday, September 22, 2019

An American national drowned while proposing to his girlfriend underwater during a "once-in-a-lifetime" trip to Tanzania.

Comments

In the video, Weber presses a hand-written note against the cabin window.

Antoine, confirming Weber's death in a Facebook post, said he "never emerged from those depths".

The Manta Resort said the victim "tragically drowned while free diving alone outside the underwater room."

Weber and Antoine had booked four nights at the resort's underwater room, which lies approximately 250m (820ft) from the shore.

The water where the cabin is anchored is around 10m (32ft) deep.

On the third day of their stay, Weber, from Baton Rouge, Louisiana, plunged into the water to hold his proposal note against the cabin's glass window.

His note read: "I can't hold my breath long enough to tell you everything I love about you. But ... everything I love about you, I love more every day!"

Later in the video, Weber turns over the sheet of paper to reveal the proposal, before pulling an engagement ring from his shorts and swimming out of view.

#1 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2019-09-21 08:19 PM | Reply

Why does everything need to be a "production"? Just ask the beeyaach, you wanna marry me or what?

#2 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2019-09-21 08:20 PM | Reply

Why does everything need to be a "production"?
#2 | POSTED BY J_TREMAIN

Social media.

#3 | Posted by AndreaMackris at 2019-09-22 01:02 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Then again I might deliberately drown myself if my girl looked like THAT.

That is one weird looking lady.... beer-goggles probably....

#4 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2019-09-22 01:10 PM | Reply

Darwin nipped this one in the bud.

#5 | Posted by goatman at 2019-09-22 01:51 PM | Reply

#4 she' not that bad looking.

I'm just disappointed that Louisiana will have to wait another 2 decades for their first interracial marriage.

#6 | Posted by TaoWarrior at 2019-09-22 02:06 PM | Reply

He was ready to take the plunge, but brains weren't strong in the gene pool.

#7 | Posted by lee_the_agent at 2019-09-22 05:06 PM | Reply

That is one weird looking lady.... beer-goggles probably..

She looks better than any furry, onion smelling ---- woman. She's a black QUEEN. He knew who he was proposing to.

#8 | Posted by boaz at 2019-09-23 08:54 AM | Reply

Really????

Then what are you waiting for... make her your mamma. She'll be happy, you'll be happy and I couldn't care less.

#9 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2019-09-23 09:13 AM | Reply

And it pains me to ask you this ... but... what about GiGi???

#10 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2019-09-23 09:16 AM | Reply

Sad because I ignored your troll post?

#11 | Posted by boaz at 2019-09-23 11:14 AM | Reply