Thursday, October 10, 2019

Rep. Tulsi Gabbard, D-Hawaii, is threatening to boycott next week's Democratic presidential debate amid accusations that the Democratic National Committee and the media are "rigging" the 2020 primary elections against dark horse candidates like herself. Gabbard, who reached the qualification thresholds for next Tuesday's debate in Ohio, called the qualifications "arbitrary" and said DNC leaders "are trying to hijack the entire election process." She said she will decide in the next few days whether she will participate in the debate. "The DNC and corporate media are trying to hijack the entire election process," Gabbard said in a video posted on Twitter. "In order to bring attention to this serious threat to our democracy, and ensure your voice is heard, I am giving serious consideration to boycotting the next debate on October 15th."

Alternate links: Google News | Twitter

Gabbard's complaint about the DNC "rigging" the primary election dredges up similar objections from 2016 when the DNC was accused of favoring former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton over Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders.

"The 2016 Democratic Primary election was rigged by the DNC and their partners in the corporate media against Bernie Sanders," Gabbard said. "In this 2020 election, the DNC and corporate media are rigging the election again, but this time against the American people in the early voting states of Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina, and Nevada."

Comments

I think Tulsi is slowly figuring out she's not really a democrat!

#1 | Posted by gracieamazed at 2019-10-10 02:50 PM | Reply

#1 Good luck to her if she thinks she can run as a Republican against Trump!

#2 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2019-10-10 03:00 PM | Reply

How about a GABBARD/HUNTSMAN independent Centrist ticket?

#3 | Posted by Karabekian at 2019-10-10 03:01 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

She should run as an independent

#4 | Posted by MUSTANG at 2019-10-10 03:02 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#3 I'm good with that.

#5 | Posted by MUSTANG at 2019-10-10 03:02 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

Welcome to the charade.

I believe the DNC's original hope was for a Biden/Harris ticket.

But Gabbard cut down Harris.

The DNC is still trying to get Biden as the presidential candidate.

As for the other twenty people trying to run, they're cannon fodder.

#6 | Posted by ClownShack at 2019-10-10 03:20 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

I think Tulsi is slowly figuring out she's not really a democrat!

#1 | Posted by gracieamazed at 2019-10-10 02:50 PM | Reply | Flag

Most of America already figured that out.

#7 | Posted by Nixon at 2019-10-10 05:06 PM | Reply

Her politics more closely align with the Democratic party than the GOP, but she doesn't talk like a Democrat.

I agree, maybe she should run as an independent. I'd strongly consider voting for her.

#8 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-10-11 10:36 AM | Reply

I'd strongly consider voting for her.

Posted by JeffJ

And help Trump win another 4 years.

#9 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2019-10-11 10:44 AM | Reply

And help Trump win another 4 years.

#9 | POSTED BY AMERICANUNITY

I'm a registered Republican. If anything, my 3rd party vote helps the Democrat candidate more than Trump.

Prior to '16 I voted:

Dole
Bush
Bush
McCain
Romney

In '16 I voted for Johnson.

#10 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-10-11 10:46 AM | Reply